Suicide bombers in America?

This is a discussion on Suicide bombers in America? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We are lucky that at the end of the day terrorists are politicians and not military-minded individuals. They go for the symbolic target, which cuts ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Suicide bombers in America?

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    We are lucky that at the end of the day terrorists are politicians and not military-minded individuals. They go for the symbolic target, which cuts down their target set somewhat.

If (When) someone with a true military mind was willing to forgo his honor the world will change again.

You don't need to park your UHaul on a military base, or in front of a federal building when you blow it up. Pick an elementary school in some small town in the midwest.

Don't try to get into the White House with your suicide vest, or even "The Mall of America"... just pick any average indoor mall in any midsize US city. Oops... did that in Utah just recently, except the guy was an idiot.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

2. Remove Ads

Hmmm... hope no terrorists are reading this...

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Sure it's a mechanical Dead Man's Switch where constant pressure is needed to keep the circuit OPEN and taking the bombers finger OFF the button (like a sniper's shot to the neural band) causes the circuit to close and....KaBOOM! Problem is that if the little Jihadi has to scratch his nose or his palms get sweaty or he's inadvertently and innocently "bumped".... all of these can cause a ummmmm (forgive me) pre-mature detonation.
    There are a few more options than that, and they don't have to be constantly armed.

Maybe we have all ready become accustomed.

Looks like the attacks are already happening and have occured over the last decade. In the name of political correctness the real motivations have been down played or omitted.

Warning a long read but a real eye opener.

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/PersonalIslamicJihad

Quote Originally Posted by albundy View Post
    Looks like the attacks are already happening and have occured over the last decade. In the name of political correctness the real motivations have been down played or omitted.
    You say this like it's a bad thing. While I don't necessarily agree that all these incidents represent terrorisim (as opposed to 'ordinary' crime), if they were intended as terrorist attacks, then the fact that the media didn't report them as such means that they failed.

The whole point of a terrorist attack is to achieve some sort of political aim by scaring people into giving you what you want. If the media don't report the attack, or don't link it to a political goal, then the attack was useless. If the news media never mentioned the word "terrorisim", the names or political agendas of any terrorist group, it would do more to win the war on terror than all other actions since 9-11.

Unfortunately, there's no real way to put this into practice. Breathless reports on terror attacks and plots tend to drive up ratings, so the media is going to devote a lot of air time even though this ends up playing right into the terrorists' hands.

The anti's are trying to make us disarm before the terrorist reach here. This dosen't make sense.
    The media fuels the fire and tends to generate a problem due to copy cats. Just look at the school shootings for example. These wackos will do any thing to get their fifteen minutes of fame.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    It would be naive of us to believe that we could not have our own Muslim terrorists. We have all heard the reports of shop owners dancing and laughing when the towers went down. Not in Afghanistan but downtown Topeka Kansas. The critters shipped to Cuba were not all from the Middle East. They came form such exotic places as Canada, Australia, England, China and let us not forget the Walker kid. Didn’t England’s underground bombers come form the UK? I may be wrong on that last one but I think I remember it that way. So why not us, why should we be spared?
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

I never expected this thread to last this long. But I'm glad to see that so many people think the same way as I do.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by mark555 View Post
    Didn’t England’s underground bombers come form the UK? I may be wrong on that last one but I think I remember it that way. So why not us, why should we be spared?
    The 7/7 bombers in London were all English born from Pakistani descent, the follow-up attempt two weeks later were IIRC English born and Somalians.

There is a far higher ratio of Muslim citizenry in Western Europe though than here.
    England, Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium all have Muslim ghettos where they are by far the majority.
    The Mayor of Birmingham in England cannot speak English, only Pakistani Urdu.
    Some streets in London now have the street names in Urdu.
    The school I went to as a kid had two Muslim kids, now it is solely Muslim.

USA is more diverse, there are less links to the countries in question (Europe has old colonial ties and is also contiguous) but they will still settle here in great numbers and change the society.
    And some of them will want to kill us.

Terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11

http://www.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=36798

Thumbs up Good thought, if correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    You say this like it's a bad thing. While I don't necessarily agree that all these incidents represent terrorisim (as opposed to 'ordinary' crime), if they were intended as terrorist attacks, then the fact that the media didn't report them as such means that they failed.

The whole point of a terrorist attack is to achieve some sort of political aim by scaring people into giving you what you want. If the media don't report the attack, or don't link it to a political goal, then the attack was useless. If the news media never mentioned the word "terrorisim", the names or political agendas of any terrorist group, it would do more to win the war on terror than all other actions since 9-11.

Unfortunately, there's no real way to put this into practice. Breathless reports on terror attacks and plots tend to drive up ratings, so the media is going to devote a lot of air time even though this ends up playing right into the terrorists' hands.
    I have to at least partialy agree with the logic here. I, like most of you, have wondered why the FBI and media have failed to call a spade a spade, It's probably due to them trying to be PC, but if the above is the case, it would be the first time the media has ever played along in the interest of national security in my lifetime. If this is the case we'll know soon enough, because someone will leak the plan to the NY times and they'll print it.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I, like most of you, have wondered why the FBI and media have failed to call a spade a spade, It's probably due to them trying to be PC...
    I think PC is part of it (especially on the part of the media) but the Fed.Gov has been in denial about what actually may be terrorist attacks on American soil because just look at the stink that was raised over the Fed.Gov's "failures" after Katrina.

If they admit these things are Islamic terrorism then a lot of Federal employees will find themselves unemployed. Chertoff doesn't wanna be a Mike Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I have to at least partialy agree with the logic here. I, like most of you, have wondered why the FBI and media have failed to call a spade a spade, It's probably due to them trying to be PC, but if the above is the case, it would be the first time the media has ever played along in the interest of national security in my lifetime. If this is the case we'll know soon enough, because someone will leak the plan to the NY times and they'll print it.
    To be clear, I don't think that the media are 'playing along' or refusing to report these incidents as terrorism for the good of the country. I think they have their own (politically correct) reasons for doing so. However, just because their motives are impure doesn't mean that the end result is a bad thing. Publicity is a key part of making terrorism work, and anything that disrupts a terrorist's goal is good.

Then you have people like this waste of space who TEACHES in Ohio
    http://global-war.bloghi.com/

I like this guy's take on it
    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/c...28/2007&page=1

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links