Suicide bombers in America?

This is a discussion on Suicide bombers in America? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, I am wondering how many of you out there think like I do. I feel like sooner or later we are going to see ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide bombers in America?

So, I am wondering how many of you out there think like I do.

I feel like sooner or later we are going to see suicide bombers here in America similar to what they have in Israel. I can envision these nuts blowing themselves up in crowded malls and Wal-Marts during the Christmas shopping season or some other national holiday.

I really hope this never happens but, what do you do if it does? Stop going to places like that?

As a CCW'er, is there anything we can do if we see some guy in a big coat fiddling with what appears to be a switch that is wired to something in his coat? What if it is some kind of I-Pod or other personal electronic device?

What do you guys think?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Honestly I'm pretty shocked that this hasn't happened here already. I figured we would have had suicide bombers here for years.

I suspect people's opinions on a CCW'r doing something about someone fiddling.. might change once we've had one attack.. sadly. I can tell you one thing though, if we start having attacks like that here... I'm ignoring no gun signs. Hell, I'll drop my damn CCW permit and start carrying under affirmative defense in this state. I have a reason to be fearful for my safety, and I will not be doing anything illegal. So try to prosecute me on that.

At least under affirmative defense in Nebraska, you can pretty much carry EVERYWHERE. Regardless of signs or other rules. It's a charge that if you are caught on it, you have to prove your innocence in court.. but after a suicide bombing in this country.. I think people will change their mind about more people carrying guns here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    I feel like sooner or later we are going to see suicide bombers here in America similar to what they have in Israel. What do you guys think?
    Absolutely. Once the dynamic changed, it was generally recognized as an effective weapon usable anywhere in the world. And it will be. Heck, getting into and out of this country, even with supporting gear, isn't that difficult. Most of the time, it's done right under the noses of the people guarding the sieve that some call "the border."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I never considered myself paranoid, but quite the realist. I'm afraid it's not a question of "if", it's a question of when. What is really scarey is that even one incident on US soil, in some part of the heartland, could paralyze the nation psychologically. If that happens, the bad guys have won.

Countering that doesn't just rely on armed citizens, but a total change in mindset. Being trained to see what doesn't "fit" in a given area. Living in Europe during the '80's gave me quite a different perspective on daily activities, what to look for, what not to do, reporting suspicious activity as soon as you see it, etc.

If the day comes that we live in fear of carrying on our daily lives, then we truly cease to exist and the bad guys win...game over.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Quote Originally Posted by JayHawker45 View Post
    If the day comes that we live in fear of carrying on our daily lives, then we truly cease to exist and the bad guys win...game over.
    It's a matter of mindset. People continue to exist all over the world in tremendously violent and risky situations. So long as the mindset changed, folks would be fine (if a bit frazzled). I'd almost like to see this happen, for the good it would do to the backbone, morale. Forced, though it would be.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    I agree with the "when" not "if" idea, Remember, in Isreal, the gvt issues weapons to volunteer parents, and grandparents to patrol schools and other commen areas. what are the chances of that happening here. This was talked about in an article posted on here about a month ago.

If it happens here, we can't let it stop our daily lives, and carrying will be paramount, for what I consider the "aftermath effect" your ability to safely evaquate the nearby area of an attack, If you are "in it" it will probably be over with before you know what happend. But trying to get away ahead of a panacked crowd with a wife and or children could be worse than the attack itself. IMHO
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jednp View Post
    but after a suicide bombing in this country.. I think people will change their mind about more people carrying guns here.
    I'll believe that when it happens. I think it's far more likely that another attack on US soil will only spawn public cries for the government to "do something, anything." And you know as well as I do that first on the list is tighter government control on private possession of anything that could be used as a weapon. This will include firearms, whether they were used in the attack or not.

If suicide bombings did start happening in the US, I can't say for sure what I would do. My worry is that I or someone like me would be so on edge as to mistakenly identify a guy in a trench coat fooling with his ipod as a bomber. There's really no way to tell what it is until the guy blows up. Car bombings would also be very deadly and unpredictable. Think about a car in rush-hour traffic on your favorite bumper-to-bumper highway suddenly blowing up, and taking with it not only the cars around it, but also everyone behind it who would slam into the wreckage.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar

The first hurdle after a suicide bombers strikes

on US soil most likely won't be offensive, it will be defensive. Given the current "liberal" climate , the first reaction will be a demand to confiscate all the guns. Then will come a demand that we have an armed guardsman at every corner. Next all buildings will have body scanners for weapons, then come the city and state road blocks and checkpoints. By this time the Muslim extremist are sitting back in the Middle East laughing their collective asses off, because they've accomplished what they set out to do.
    I can just see it now, shopping at Wally World the day after. The illegals will pass through the door, the muslims will pass through the door, but the CCW US Citizen will get all kinds of grief, I mean God forbid that we get accused of profiling.
    Sorry for the rant, this just hits my hot-button.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

I'm suprised it has not happened here yet. If/when it does, can you say paradigm shift?? There definitely be an uptick in guns/self defense classes, etc. ...

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    This picture is almost 4 years old ~ yet it shows the prevalence of terror cells in the USA at that time. Reckon it's gotten better since?

"We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar

Better?

Why are any of them still breathing for gods sakes.
    Last edited by QKShooter; February 11th, 2007 at 07:08 PM.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Suicide bombers

Well, our Hazmat team trains with the bomb squad. It's just a matter of time, according to those who know.

It's a matter of WHEN not IF for sure.

Here is something that might change the dynamic when it comes to gun control.

In Tel Aviv several years ago, a Jihadi suicide bomber walked into a large grocery store in the middle of July wearing one of those neck to floor "MATRIX" style overcoats. He walks to the middle of the store and certain folks notice him. The most critical of these is a husband wife couple shopping for groceries. SHE opens her bag just a bit and sits it on the shopping cart in front of her. Just as the couple walks next to the man, he opens his coat to reveal the floor length sheath of dynamite and the detonator held in his fist. Moving with smooth concentration, the Jewish HOUSEWIFE draws the 9mm and pops two into the guys head at close range. No detonation. Just an aware armed citizen. The news media in this country SPUN this from a jewish mom shopping for groceries to a member of the Israeli Security Forces on the alert and prepped for action!

Suicide bombings are inevitable. The question is will it take the form of a carefully orchestrated attack plan that will be national leading up to a nuke? Think the current plot on "24."

The issue is supported by the numbers of illegal aliens caught in the last ten years. Based on Border Patrol stats in that just about 10% of the folks caught have been from threat countries. Over that period based on the numbers, it stands to reason that there could be upwards of a possible 70,000 active terrorists inside this country waiting to strike. Please don't tell me they're all here to exercise their belief in the American Dream by working in a Seven Eleven. Some are, sure.

Here is how I think it could play out:

#1 the dedicated terrorist cells with a high degree of training in "tradecraft" these are the variants of the 911 teams. They'll have logistics to set up safe houses and secure employment and papers. They will already have provided for the equipment needed for the missions. There will be security folks who will work to keep the cell members focused on remaining anonymous and undetected. Intel folks will scope the targets which may have been assigned. There will probably be primary, secondary and tertiary targets that can be taken based on the cell leaders individual initiative depending on conditions on the ground at ZERO HOUR. These guys will hit major targets involving infrastructure. WALL STREET. THE POWER GRID. COMMUNICATIONS. FOOD DISTRIBUTION. You name it.

#2 A load of individuals with orders to take targets of opportunity. Especially SOFT targets....like SCHOOLS. Many of these may very well be sympathizers that are native born Americans involved in the ideaology of hate as spoon fed by the various extremist mosques and madrassas here in the U.S. There is a distinct possibility that younger, more easily influenced Muslims may be caught up in the intense emotional "rush" of Jihad and be drawn into the local conflict. Wiser and patriotic parents will have to keep a sharp eye on their kids, for once.

#3 There will be a ton of "trigger pullers" who infiltrate thru the borders. These won't speak the language or be trained in any sort of specialty except to cause as much mayhem and confusion as possible. They will melt into the latino communities and try to stay unnoticed. Probably work the underground economy to survive. When the situation starts to pop nationwide, so will they.

There won't be enough cops or soldiers (national guard) to contain the situation once it breaks out nationwide. That's where the Sheepdogs will have to fill the gaps. But NOT in wild vigilante fashion!!! We have to be focused and reasonable and alert. Sheepdog actions could conceivably forever ENSHRINE the reality of the 2nd Amendment for all time. Or we could just as easily blow it out of the water for all time if things go badly wrong.

The important things are always simple.

The simple things are always difficult.

The easy way is always MINED. So watch your step.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; February 11th, 2007 at 07:03 PM.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

ExSoldier - Now the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up. Time to dome dry fire drills (training purposes only).

So, what are they waiting for? If the cells are that widespread and organized, why no attack in the U.S. since 9/11?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links