LEOs/AD Military, read about gangs in military/ with military training

This is a discussion on LEOs/AD Military, read about gangs in military/ with military training within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Watch out while on duty. Links: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justi...on/a/gangs.htm...

Thread: LEOs/AD Military, read about gangs in military/ with military training

Exclamation LEOs/AD Military, read about gangs in military/ with military training

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    The fact the MS13 is currently recruiting members around military installations is a very bad sign. There have been a lot of murmurs in the intel community lately about MS13 working with terrorist organizations. This could signal an incredibly bad turn for us.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Unfortunately, this is nothing new...

I have definitely run across a few of these thugs...and promptly informed the MPs/SPs of their activities. What I cannot stand are the weepy Area Defense Counsels (ADCs) who defend these lowlifes when they get busted for assault, possess illegal weapons in the dorms, or get busted for drugs. I don't want them, I don't need them. I'd rather be undermanned than deal with sludge that will affect the rest of my unit.

It's a volunteer force...and I volunteer them to leave...preferably in handcuffs.

The sad part is, some that do get busted end up working in the orderly room--where they have access to my personnel file with all of my identifying info--name, date/place of birth, SSAN, home address, phone, name of my spouse/kids...yeah--that's where I want a dirtbag to work. They should be out painting rocks or ops testing a broom or rake somewhere...

Just what we need, well trained skells. Even the NYPD hires skells. Since they cannot get a decent raise they have severely lowered their hiring standards. I'm always reading about some skell cop that lives in the PJs getting collared.

All of our Govt agencies need to stop recruiting in the ghetto. We need qualified, honest and intelligent candidates for all branches of the military and law enforcement.

I'm not saying that everyone who lives in a bad neighborhood is bad. But the majority of them should definately not be military or LEOs.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member
    Not the first time gangs were in the military. The 70's and 80's there were White Supremists (KKK) in the Marine Corps at Camp Pendleton. Took a while to get ride of them. We have been seeing some of the Mexican gangs and still have some skin heads too.

Recruiting in the ghetto isn't bad, lowering standards to let scumbags in is. And scumbags come from upscale neighborhoods, rural areas and ghettos.
    Last edited by Chorizo; February 13th, 2007 at 11:20 PM.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

+1 Chorizo

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Not the first time gangs were in the military. The 70's and 80's there were White Supremists (KKK) in the Marine Corps at Camp Pendleton. Took a while to get ride of them. We have been seeing some of the Mexican gangs and still have some skin heads too.

Recruiting in the ghetto isn't bad, lowering standards to let scumbags in is. And scumbags come from upscale neighborhoods, rural areas and ghettos.
    You're absolutely right, scumbags can come from any neighborhood. I already acknowledged that there are some good people in the ghetto. But lets be honest, the scumbags from the upscale neighborhoods usually try to act like the thugs and authority hating rappers.

I worked in the ghetto, and there were some decent hard working people there. But I also have had a mother tell her young child not to say hello to me because I wore a uniform. The majority of the people that lived where I worked hated cops. The academy class that I went through hired a gangbanger that took them 9 or 10 years to fire. He took the job so that he could run plates for his fellow gang bangers and tip them off to police activity.

I stand by NOT recruiting in the ghetto. I knew how to obtain an application to get on. Nobody drove through my neighborhood with a recruit van and threw an application in my face. The hard working people that are stuck in the ghetto should have to walk into a local precinct and get an application just like anybody else if that is the job that they want. Why give an application to a gangbanger and have him say, "Yeah that's a good idea, I'll be POPO so I can gets a gat and a badge, yo."
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Ok, let's really evaluate this: the Army is now allowing enlistees to use cell phones during basic on "breaks", DIs are not allowed to "physically instruct" enlistees, and "verbal correction" will make any corrections officer wet him/herself, laughing. All this to,"accomodate the type of enlistee we are now receiving", as per the last press release I saw.

Does anyone really think this will be a self-regulating issue for the services? Unless and until our enemies, internal and external, fear us, we are a laughingstock. Anyone with a knowledge of history is suppressing the urge to vomit- this is exactly what Rome experienced with the provincial uprisings.,immediately before society collapsed into the Dark Ages.

Assistant Administrator
    Army is now allowing enlistees to use cell phones during basic on "breaks"
    Wow - my step-son is one week into basic with USN at Great Lakes and has no - anything!!! No phone, not even some toiletry stuff his Mom set him up with - they sent back a box with his coat and even a bar of plain soap, and other oddments, including dental floss!

Doesn't look like USN is allowing anything within basic - zilch, nada. I thought basic was always - just that - basic.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member
    The Marine Corps' boot camp has been unimpeaded by "progress". It ain't called "basic training", they ain't called "enlistees", they ain't given "breaks" and it ain't coed.

You gotta love it.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

OMG criminals and gangs are trying to evolve and start using their brains. Wounder if it will effect their criminal activity. Ah probably not that would require them to become useful members of society. Anyway maybe they should let the recruits handle it the army way.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Wow - my step-son is one week into basic with USN at Great Lakes and has no - anything!!! No phone, not even some toiletry stuff his Mom set him up with - they sent back a box with his coat and even a bar of plain soap, and other oddments, including dental floss!
    it depends on where you go to basic. some places are stricter than others. like comparing Ft. Jackson (relaxin' jackson) to Ft. Benning (all male, mostly infantry).

As far as gangs in the military, a lot do get in through court decision, the "join the army or go to jail" deal. the courts really think their doing a good thing and sometimes they are. I've seen the military turn some of these guys around. - but is it worth the chance? the only real restriction is not having racist or gang related tattoos.
    What's this button do?

We had some in the Army back in the 80's,mostly from PR. Stuff I learned from them about concealing weapons/contraband I put to use on the job.

Thumbs down Thugs in military

What scares me about these thugs being in the armed forces is that they will have access to vital information that they can sell to terrorist.

When I was a Master-at-Arms in the Navy I arrested a guy who had joined the service with the sole intentions of establishing a drug pipeline from whatever coast he got stationed on back to Chicago.

As a Medic with Army, I once asked about the bullet holes in the hospital at Ft. Sam Houston and was told about how gang memebers would try to rob the pharmacy.

This is nothing new, it's been going on longer than I care to think about.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Links