Mexican Assassins Invade Texas

This is a discussion on Mexican Assassins Invade Texas within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Prospector: Is McKinney closer to Dallas than Plano or further out? Wife likes that area. She also loves New Braunfels and even the San Antonio ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mexican Assassins Invade Texas

Prospector: Is McKinney closer to Dallas than Plano or further out? Wife likes that area. She also loves New Braunfels and even the San Antonio area...that area called "Hill Country?" What is it about the Bluebonnets that drives women to coo? Just flowers to me, but the wife seemed to go nuts when we caught the tail end of the season last time. I loved the area in San Antone called Riverwalk, but like Miami tourist areas I'll bet I'd get tired of it fast. Whats El Paso like?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Red face

ExSoldier762 - McKinney is north of Plano off Hwy 75. Like I said, the whole area moving North from Dallas has been built up a lot. Lots of conveniences around McKinney. Ah, the Hill Country...south of Austin, you hit New Braunfels and San Marcos...I always liked San Marcos. San Antonio is too citified, and El Paso is congested....also, being El Paso is smack dab on the border, you'd better brush up on your Spanish. Old Town El Paso is worth a visit but wouldn't want to live there. I'm certain you'll find a good range at most anyplace you settle on, and probably an IPDA chapter as well. As I said before, I go to the McKinney area range. Their rifle range is only 100 yds, but it was fine for me and my Garand.

I hate to say this but it may be time that we walled the southern borders to protect ourselves from this type of invasion. They are taking our jobs, increasing crime and spawning other negative aspects of an open border and we should stop it.

Question The Great WALL?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician
    I hate to say this but it may be time that we walled the southern borders to protect ourselves from this type of invasion. They are taking our jobs, increasing crime and spawning other negative aspects of an open border and we should stop it.
    Although I happen to agree with you in principle, I don't think it'll ever happen for several reasons:

Too expensive and will take too long to construct to be effective. Also, such a wall will be fairly easy to breach and it will be impossible to cover. You can't just build a "wall" and not cover it with either cameras, sensors or troops.

I'm afraid that the border will have to be militarized with troops. Those troops should come from those we pull out of Europe (let the EU take care of itself!) and Korea (get us out of there before those boys start to glow in the dark). This militairization has to be layered in nature with passive sensors and thermal detectors and then minefields (let the liberals scream) and finally troops and landowners working together. Train the civvies to use military radios and they'll become RECON units in place. They can cover their own lands and call for helicopter gunships or troop ships to support when they actually have an armed incursion on their property by illegals.

Yes, we are going to have some dead women and kids blown up in the minefields and the human rights fanatics are going to go ballistic, but there are too many ranchers and landowners being victimized by HEAVILY armed thugs.

Finally and it makes me wince to say this, but to deter future illegal immigration we need to help get Mexico on it's feet economically (if possible). If that can't be done, so be it. It just means a deeper minefield.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Red face

I gotta agree with ExSoldier762, and I believe I posted a similar response somewhere (middle-aged brain actin up again)....I'm all for pulling our bases outta Europe, establish use-agreements, do the same thing in Japan and Okinawa. Buy up all the property along our southern borders and turn them into military bases and weapons ranges. I too believe that Mexico could be better if economic infrastruture was there, but I gotta wonder why after several hundred years being neighbors, they just don't evolve with the rest of us. They are torn with internal government corruption and graft. I sense that President Vincente Fox (real name is....get this.....Zorro!) wants his country to progress, but unfortunately he doesn't have control over the vast remote areas. SO LETS BUILD A MINEFIELD!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links