"Cops will cry"

"Cops will cry"

This is a discussion on "Cops will cry" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sounds like the thugs in Fla want to go to war with the LEOs in their area. Story Here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Cops will cry"

"Cops will cry"

Sounds like the thugs in Fla want to go to war with the LEOs in their area.
    Story Here

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    My money is on the LEOs.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Thumbs up Support our LEOs

I thought that Palm Bay was a bad area. I guess that things are moving north. If the people in the area are not willing to do their part to rid themselves of these thugs what can they expect from the LEOs. If you want to live in this type of neighborhood then do nothing. My bet is on the LEOs and Igive them my full support.

you can put your money on the LEO's but it's a shame for them to have to live that. like they didn't already have to look over their shoulder as it is. the residents really need to get involved more which is usually unlikely in low income areas.
    What's this button do?

Quote Originally Posted by downrange View Post
    you can put your money on the LEO's but it's a shame for them to have to live that. like they didn't already have to look over their shoulder as it is. the residents really need to get involved more which is usually unlikely in low income areas.
    I didn't say it wasn't a shame. I would be watching their backs if it were my neighborhood. The people in that area should simply not tolerate this sort of behavior, but I think you are right in saying that it is unlikely. That said, I have faith that the LEOs will prevail in spite of all of that.

Senior Moderator
    Sounds like a little proactive tail kicking is in order here...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Where's Vic Mackey when you need him??
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

These punks need to go down hard, just make them disappear, thats my oppinion. support your "LEO"
    don't let the bad guy getcha
    whats on five nine?

These Thugs Get Bolder By The Day...

Fortunately, their lives are pretty short anyway...

This is what our liberal courts have been creating each year...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I am sorry to hear it. We will inevitabaly lose a LEO, either from being killed or from the stress, because of the scum. If it was as "simple" as war (ROE, shoot on sight, use artillery, & heavy weapons) I would be less concerned, but those poor guys have their hands tied even though the other side "declares" war.

My prayers for their safety and for their familys.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

I swear, nothing gets my blood boiling more than things like this.
    Beretta 92FS

Unfortunately, the scum that make these threats are capable of carrying out actual attacks on not only the police officers, but on their homes as well. I posted the following a couple of weeks ago in a different thread. My heart goes out to all LEOs who continue to perform their duty in the face of these threats. My God, what is happening to this nation when thugs are allowed to get away with this type of terror?

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin..._7956793.shtml

The Florida Times-Union

February 13, 2007

Mystery gunmen shoot at home, car of police officer

By BRIDGET MURPHY
    The Times-Union

A shooting at a Jacksonville police officer's home Saturday has some cops on edge in the wake of three deadly police-involved shootings that stoked tensions in the community.

Authorities said no one was hurt after gunfire broke a front window of the police officer's home in the city's Arlington section. Bullets also blasted out windows on the officer's marked patrol car and another vehicle parked at the home. Police found six 9 mm shell casings in a nearby yard.

Fraternal Order of Police union President Nelson Cuba said Monday some officers are nervous following talk of retaliation they've heard since the police shootings.

While he said Saturday's shooting fit with the "tone" of what officers are hearing, Cuba said it wasn't clear if the incident was a reaction to recent incidents. The union leader said no one made any threats connected with the gunfire.

"You hear talk of retaliation so you could only assume," Cuba said, while acknowledging it could be random or targeted at the officer for a different reason.

Officer Richard G. Hendley told authorities he was inside his home around 5:30 a.m. Saturday when he heard gunfire outside, a Sheriff's Office report said. He said he found the damage after going outside about three hours later, according to the report.

Police also found part of a bullet embedded in the house and a rain gutter that appeared to be dented from a bullet strike.

Cuba said union members haven't told him of any other recent incidents involving police being targeted by gunfire. Police from several units of the Sheriff's Office got notification of Saturday's shooting, including detectives in the intelligence and aggravated battery units whom Cuba said he expected to handle the investigation.

Sheriff's Office spokesman Ken Jefferson said it appeared the shooting at the officer's house was an isolated one.

The incident follows recent encouragement from New Black Panther Party national spokesman Yusef Shabazz for black people to "fight police in the street," comments he made the day of the funeral for one of the two black men who died in January police shootings. The victim in a third deadly police shooting this year was white.

Local New Black Panther Party leader Mikhail Muhammad said Monday that black people have a right of self-defense when confronted by police force. But if what happened at the officer's home was a reaction to community tension, Muhammad said it wasn't something he'd endorse.

"I don't believe that was self-defense," he said.

Meanwhile, the police union president said the incident won't do anything to calm officers' nerves. While rock and egg throwers sometimes target police vehicles, that doesn't compare to what happened Saturday, Cuba said.

"One thing is 'I have to deal with it at work,' " he said. "Once you bring it home to the family, it's totally different."

The 30-year-old officer targeted in Saturday's incident is black and is assigned as a school resource officer, police said.

This year's first deadly police shooting happened during a Jan. 15 SWAT standoff involving a mentally ill man. Authorities said police shot 65-year-old Harry Lamar Shuler, who was white, after he came out of his home with a shotgun several hours after officers helped free at least one family member he held hostage.

The other two shootings happened during undercover drug stings in which the two black men died. On Jan. 20, an undercover detective shot and killed 18-year-old Douglas "D.J." Woods III. Police said Woods had a gun and fired repeatedly at the detective after trying to rob him. On Jan. 27, two detectives shot 80-year-old Issac Singletary on his property after authorities believe he mistook them for drug dealers and approached with a gun.

The shootings remain under investigation.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Question Resistance??

Oh, to live in times such as these. It's a shame that this kind of stuff is going on.

I'm not a cop, so could someone please explain to me what this quote from the news article means.

"Our resistance to calls, our resistance to bad guys has just been raised a notch,"

What is "resistance" to a call? I don't understand this use of the word.

Please explain, if you can.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Oh, to live in times such as these. It's a shame that this kind of stuff is going on.

I'm not a cop, so could someone please explain to me what this quote from the news article means.

"Our resistance to calls, our resistance to bad guys has just been raised a notch,"

What is "resistance" to a call? I don't understand this use of the word.

Please explain, if you can.
    I was puzzled by the same thing. I guess I took it for granted that he meant that they would be more proactive in going after the BGs. "Resistance to calls" maybe means more officers will respond than normal. I certainly hope he didn't mean that they would resist showing up for calls.

The thugs are getting out too soon. It seems our court system has failed to keep things under control. The ccws and the castle doctrine seems to indicate that we are going the right direction. Lets hope our incomming polititions don't screw things up. From what I see things are not looking good with the likes of Clinton and Obama running for office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links