Borders or No Borders?

Borders or No Borders?

This is a discussion on Borders or No Borders? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's a quick read from Sierra Times. Erasing Borders - When Culture Interferes with Governance Nancy Levant Posted: Sunday February 27,2005 - 10 00 pm ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Borders or No Borders?

Borders or No Borders?

Here's a quick read from Sierra Times.

Erasing Borders - When Culture Interferes with Governance
    Nancy Levant
    Posted: Sunday February 27,2005 - 1000 pm
    The political melding of the North American continent will never be put to a vote, but the blueprints for the merger of Mexico, Canada, and the United States are well underway at the American University in Washington DC and in many other think tanks across the nation.

Doesn't sound good to me. So many targets, so little ammunition.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotelcharlie
    Here's a quick read from Sierra Times.

Erasing Borders - When Culture Interferes with Governance
    Nancy Levant
    Posted: Sunday February 27,2005 - 1000 pm
    The political melding of the North American continent will never be put to a vote, but the blueprints for the merger of Mexico, Canada, and the United States are well underway at the American University in Washington DC and in many other think tanks across the nation.

Doesn't sound good to me. So many targets, so little ammunition.
    I think the biggest problem would be economic, and more with Mexico. Let's see how the EU turns out first! Besides, don't think it would work.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Lead Moderator
    also the vast cultural diffrences between Canada,U.S. and Mexico may make big hassles and lead to a situation like the U.S.S.R. had with its states.

Canada wants our health care, Mexico wants everything, and we'll drown under the weight of indigent peoples flopping into our welfare system. Mexico wants very much to have an open border, BUT, to still dictate policy to the US, AND maintian thier soverignty, but not ours. They want traffic to go one way - up, and the only thing to come back is our money.
    Mexico is now protesting the Minuteman project, as if a foriegn country can dictate where American Citizens may travel inside our own country, and whether they may be armed while traveling inside our own borders. This is insulting in the extreme.
    Look at Aztlan sometime, the radical idea of creating a new Hispanic only country out of Arizona, New mexico, half of Texas, and the bottom halves of Nevada, California and Utah, plus the upper half of Mexico. It would be, literally, Hispanic ONLY. I have read the literature from the radicals we have incarcerated, and this is an unfortunate idea picking up steam due to the huge number of illegals in the US wanting to BE somebody. Aztlan would allow only Spanish language, and non-Hispanics would not be allowed to vote, run for office, etc.
    Over my dead body. Literally.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

VIP Member
    Well once we invade Canada and Mexico I could see this. They won't get to vote. They will all have to speak english. A few other major things, but after all, we conquered them, to bad for them.

Oh wait that is a liberal think tank. So not invasion planning. My bad.

-Scott-

The think Tanks have government contracts more than likely and know how to play the game. They are not the Americans who live and work in the path of destruction brought on by think tanks. I am not for hurting people crossing our border by accident or because they are desperate for work. Our politicians are making the problem worse by wanting to help the world and border crossings become dangerious because of it. Certain states become the bank account for the illegals and foster more crime. Education becomes free for illegals but not Americans in some cases. The health system is loaded to the hilt caring for them.
    The host country is responsible and thats what we need to tell them, Americans are not responsible for the illegals.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Administrator

hummmmm

Well, the Canadians have fantastic Maple Syrup & The Mexicans can really make some amazing fancy tooled leather holsters so I'm all for it.
    I wonder if the price of Tequila will go down or up?

Honestly folks the "Think Tanks" can keep right on thinkin' about it until they think themselves "half to death" but, it will never happen.
    Not in our respective lifetimes.
    Maybe a couple of hundred years from now.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Somebody down south is forgetting the Battle of San Jacinto instead of the massacres at The Alamo and Goliad. San Jacinto was the key. Damn, give 'em a little help and they go and get all uppity like they're the boss.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

uwo

"...invade canada?"

Im sure you dont realize that the only time the White House was burned to the ground was when americans tried to invade Canada. The Canadian soldiers drove the US soldiers out of Canada all the way back to the White House where they burned it down, drank beer, got board, and went back to Canada.

This is not a joke, look it up ;)

Assistant Administrator
    uwo - hey - welcome! - didn't see you come in. Oh, six posts since start of year - well anyways - I can still say welcome!

I was from way back, when still in UK - more and more pi$$ed as Europe became one big sorta multi state deal. The early days of EEC (European Economic Community) was itself (by itself) a fairly logical move - reasonable free trade does (can) have some advantages.

But when as seems now, Brussels is dictating this and that to all and sundry then a nation's identity quickly becomes blurred- and ruined. The ''great'' went out of Great Britain long ago IMO.

The mere thought of embracing Mexico and Canada strikes me as totally ludicrous, extreme folly and also dangerous. The moves toward ''global everything'' are not good IMO - we are way big enough to exist ''as is'' - and I personally want nothing to do with ''embracing'' adjacent countries. There will only be tears.

OTOH I do favor total and proper border control - and yet all the while we seem to see the South as being an open door - ''come in why doncha'' - sheesh. I fought long and hard to gain my entry and rights - cost me a load and in one month I finalize last stage - that's five years to reach my citizenship - hoops and hurdles and not one handout!!

Sorry - keep USA in the USA - that's my take.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Yeah but when was that in history? At a time America was the most powerful nation in the world and not just some recently freed colony right?

I think if you gave me an M16A1 and 4000 rounds of ammunition I could take over Canada by myself.

Seriously leave Canada and Mexico alone. Of course they should return the same courtesy, and as we can see on one certain border that's not happening.

What I think is the real issue is what the heck is the Mexican government doing to encourage this activity? There are perfectly legitimate channels by which one can immigrate, are there not?

Senior Moderator
    This so called no-border plan was brought to my attention back in 1990. At the time, I thought it was just some tin hat material brought about by some pretty right wing folks.

Looking back at it, its happened just the way they said it would.

Factoring in NAFTA,CAFTA .and every other so called "agreement" I can see where its headed. The big boys that make all the descisons in this country do have a viable plan for the elimination of borders which must come first before a one world government. I dont think many people here will dispute the fact that the UN wants to be the controlling faction in that scenario.

Look at what is happening. The federal government has chosen to do absolutley NOTHING with our borders, letting illegals come in pretty much unchecked. Our border patrols are undermanned,underequipped and underfunded. Some of our own citizens have chose to take matters into their own hands and the only mention that they get from the government is slanderous accusations of vigilanteism.

The federal govenment allows them to draw welfare,medicare and social security even when they are not citizens. Many small communitys in Southern California have Mexican mayors or citycouncilmen that perefer to call themselves "hispanic" rather than AMERICAN. In the news media there has been public mention of ATZLAN by some of these people and most people just laughed at it or choose to ignore it by saying "it cant happen here".

Honestly folks the "Think Tanks" can keep right on thinkin' about it until they think themselves "half to death" but, it will never happen.
    Not in our respective lifetimes.
    Maybe a couple of hundred years from now.

A couple hundred years from now ? I wish...

Look at the way it was 25 years ago. Here in Arkansas no one had ever seen a Mexican. Now they have taken over the TYSON chicken plants and the US Forestry service. They wander all over the streets. You see them in Walmart speaking spanish with their 12 kids running all over the place. Want to build a new house ? Chances are exellent that the labor force that frames the walls, paves the driveway, does the brick work and the landscaping will be illegal aliens that can barely speak any english.

Whats it gonna be like 25 years from now ? In some states there have been movements to become bi-lingual. The more of theses folks that live here and raise familys will just about guarantee thats its a matter of time that any southern border will become insignificant.

And if these people wanted to implement ATZLAN, they could bring this country down to its knees and the America that we know it today would cease to exist.

uwo

oh canada

Dont get me wrong, I love the US and am goingn to school here now, but I guess im in the shyttiest state from a pro-gunners perspective...MA (Cambridge). What gives here, its easier to buy a gun in Toronto. BTW, many, many people are gun owners back in Canada...I dotn think many people realize this.

Lightbulb War of 1812

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Yeah but when was that in history? At a time America was the most powerful nation in the world and not just some recently freed colony right?

I think if you gave me an M16A1 and 4000 rounds of ammunition I could take over Canada by myself.

Seriously leave Canada and Mexico alone. Of course they should return the same courtesy, and as we can see on one certain border that's not happening.

What I think is the real issue is what the heck is the Mexican government doing to encourage this activity? There are perfectly legitimate channels by which one can immigrate, are there not?
    Actually in the War of 1812 we were sorta feeling our military OATS and saw an excuse (in the form of British Impressment of our sailors at sea and some other underhanded tactics) to start another nice little war to benefit the businessmen (and the banks) on both sides of the pond as well as sneak into a resource rich CANADA and grab a little bit of land, to boot. We were pretty cocky. As was mentioned by the lady above, we got our butts pounded into SAND all the way from their border to our White House which was in fact burned to the ground, giving rise to the obvious need for a little redecorating in the rebuilding!

And watch out for the Canadian army today! They may not be quite as big as we are, but having trained with them quite extensively, I can say they're well trained, highly motivated and in damn good physical condition. Don't make the mistake of linking the military to the whining populace. That's be like linking the French people to the French Foreign Legion! Now there's a group of professional A$$ KICKERS!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrator

Hummmm...I wonder

I wonder what the new United States Of Canada & Mexico Flag Will Look Like?
    A jumbled mess probably!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links