FL - I lost my wallet, and my security/CCW card

FL - I lost my wallet, and my security/CCW card

This is a discussion on FL - I lost my wallet, and my security/CCW card within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I lost my wallet and my Palm lastnight. I reported the loss to the local LEO Dep, my bank, and thank god I have a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FL - I lost my wallet, and my security/CCW card

Unhappy FL - I lost my wallet, and my security/CCW card

I lost my wallet and my Palm lastnight. I reported the loss to the local LEO Dep, my bank, and thank god I have a seccond S.S. card. Now my problem is geting ahold of the State License dep., and get my security and CCW.

This may be a silly question. Does anyone know if you have to have your CCW card on your posesion, if you were to C.C.W. in Fl? Or will a LEO be able to see the proof if he searched my records?

Given the fact I reported my wallet and I.D's this morning. Do you think a LEO will arest me, if I am carrying a wepon/or working security?

Administrator
    IMPORTANT
    Get your SS# changed/reported stolen Pronto.
    Hopefully, your wallet will turn up or somebody will find it and return it.
    Believe it or not...still plenty of good honest folks in this country who will return a lost wallet or purse.
    Last edited by QKShooter; March 4th, 2007 at 02:56 AM.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Yes, You Need Your CCW Permit...

ON YOUR PERSON...when CCWing.

The good news is that you can mail off a request for a duplicate and probably have it in a week...($10-15?)

Will you be arrested or lose your permit status?...depends upon the officer stopping you...hopefully, his wife will have been good to him the night before he stops you...( )...

Remember, it is still legal to have a weapon in your glovebox...

You should be good to go in 7-10 days...

ret

P.S. I live in Newberry...and as previously mentioned...would love to have a cup of java someplace and put a face with a handle...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by gregarat View Post
    Does anyone know if you have to have your CCW card on your posesion, if you were to C.C.W. in Fl? Or will a LEO be able to see the proof if he searched my records?
    According to FL 790.01: The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court. I believe the same thing applies to non-resident license holders (via 790.015).

Will LEO's be able to see that you're a license holder? Sure, but that doesn't meet the required standard of legally having to carry the license while in possession. Nicely, FL recognizes this not as a crime but instead merely a minor administrative synapse failure, hence the $25 fine. In Oregon, by comparison, you're well and truly screwed if you get caught without the license in hand, as the law states it will be prima facie evidence if not being licensed if you get caught without the license on your person while carrying ($5000 fine + 1yr prison). Intelligence vs. lunacy. Be happy.

Another joyful thing about Oregon licenses is that carriers are forced, by law, to have the home address on the damned things. So, if you lose one of those and it's picked up by a criminal, the BG knows three things: (a) you have guns; (b) your home address; and (c) the simple fact that you're not there. Bad juju, that combination. I'm hopeful that Florida has been a bit more enlightened in its licensing. Home addr or mailing addr on that bad boy?? (I don't know.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Get your SS# changed/reported stolen Pronto
    Will do, thanks for the advice!
    Hopefully, your wallet will turn up or somebody will find it and return it.
    Believe it or not...still plenty of good honest folks in this country who will return a lost wallet or purse.
    I was a a freinds apt. She happens to live in a gated community, that I used to work at. She and her freinds who are respectible enough to return it.
    On the other hand, I could have lost it geting out of my car. Then its at the mercy of the other residents, who may or may not be good people.

My Palm was actuly stolen while giving several drunk people a ride home. My Palm info is saved on my comp. But the thing cost around $100. Im the kind of busy scaterbrained person who need these silly gagets.

Will you be arrested or lose your permit status?...depends upon the officer stopping you...hopefully, his wife will have been good to him the night before he stops you...( )...
    LOL... Ya must know A.S.O. as well as I do . Honestly A.S.O. is the most professional group of people, I have ever delt with in Alachua, there a few good G.P.D officers out there as well.

As for the 7-10 wait till I get my license from Tallahassee/Jacksonville. Ill deliver pizzas for a freind who owns a bar/resturant. I make more $ delivering food, but its not my kind of job.
    Last edited by gregarat; March 4th, 2007 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Addition to thank OK Shooter

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregarat View Post
    I lost my wallet and my Palm lastnight. I reported the loss to the local LEO Dep, my bank, and thank god I have a seccond S.S. card. Now my problem is geting ahold of the State License dep., and get my security and CCW.

This may be a silly question. Does anyone know if you have to have your CCW card on your posesion, if you were to C.C.W. in Fl? Or will a LEO be able to see the proof if he searched my records?

Given the fact I reported my wallet and I.D's this morning. Do you think a LEO will arest me, if I am carrying a wepon/or working security?
    I have read the Florida statute pertaining to CCW, and I'm pretty sure that it stipulates that if you are carrying, you are obligated to have your license card (and other identification?) with you.

If you continue to carry concealed and just like always, you don't get stopped and searched by police, why -- how, really -- would you get in trouble and arrested? IF you were found to be carrying, maybe there would be trouble, but first you'd have to be discovered. That's not any more likely to happen if you lack the card than if you have it, provided you don't start acting all self-conscious and give yourself away somehow.

May I ask why you lost your social security card? It is recommended strongly that you don't carry it on a daily basis. It's supposed to be memorized and the card kept somewhere secure.

A final reminder:
    So that you don't have to wrack your brain trying to remember all the cards that were in a wallet that is now lost, [i]lay all the cards that you carry in your wallet on a photocopier and copy them, front and back (flip them over in place for the backs). Keep copies of this information somewhere safe. If you lose your wallet to misplacement or theft, you can quickly run down all the cards you need to notify, cancel, and replace.

Also, try and remember what you had on your Palm. Passwords, accounts... any personal information....
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    ... and never, ever carry your SS card on your person. Yikes.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Administrator
    Ditto: that there is no reason for any person to carry their S.S. card or number on their person these days.

If you have your Social Security card in your wallet or purse get it out of there TODAY.

Make sure that your parents, kids, or relatives do not carry their S.S. card either.

That # is all that a dishonest person needs to totally take over your identity.

Lead Moderator
    I just memorized my SS# . As well as DL #. I guess having to fill out enough forms finally got em drilled intop my head. hope ya get you ID and stuff back.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    retsup99, Pls take a close look at the post by ccw(#4).

Lets don't start the "rumor mill".

The correct answer to the ? has nothing to do with the "officer stopping you" or if his wife has been good to him the night before. Fla 790 sez it all.

If the LEO wants to arrest me or try to revoke my license we WILL talk to the DA.

My biggest fear would be a LEO that would confiscate my weapon and take it out to the range for his 16yo son to try out. -------

Administrator
    Ditto: ROCKY

And there is no valid reason for most folks to have your S.S. # anyway. They just want it because they want it but, they never actually verify it or check it out.
    I sometimes put down my # minus the last 3 digits and tell them if they REALLY DO need it...because there is some incredible doubt as to who I am - they can call me & then I'll give them the last 3 numbers but, I don't want my SS# fully printed out on some stupid form that they are going to toss into their dumpster 6 months later without shredding it.

Guard that number folks.

i don't carry my SS card on me though i guess i'm kinda numb about the number. if your military, everyone and their grandmother has your SS#.
    What's this button do?

Hope someone honest finds your wallet. I've been through the same thing. Good luck.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Having to email my SSN to some company that will do who-knows-what with it is keeping me from ordering a set of dog tags from U.S. Cavalry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links