Jury Duty (a bit long)

This is a discussion on Jury Duty (a bit long) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife has been called twice. I've never been called. Now that I own my own business (actually I AM the business) I don't think ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jury Duty (a bit long)

My wife has been called twice. I've never been called. Now that I own my own business (actually I AM the business) I don't think I'll get called. She was interviewed for the Perry March case, and one of the lawyers yelled at her when she answered honestly that she's already formed an opinion from all the media attention. He actually yelled "you're so narrow minded that you couldn't change your opinion?"
    She answered (without thinking about it) I AM NOW.

she was dismissed

2. Remove Ads

I've been requested (or whatever it is called) maybe 3 times, each time I call in and inform the Court House, I am not a US citizen...

So I've never been on a jury... not allowed.

great informative thread!

In All These Years...

I've never been called! I have no desire to really do so, but would participate fairly if I had to...

Watch...there will probably be a letter in tomorrow's mail!

Thanks for sharing your experiences...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

me
    I am not sure of I would go or not but I have not had to decide that yet. I have an automatic out if I decide to use it. The state of PA offers excemptions to Firefighters.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Been called four times for petit jury, and one time for Federal. From what I've witnessed, if you really want to serve, dress like you're going to church (nice shirt/tie), keep your mouth shut during the pre-jury screening, and don't show any emotion - not even a smile. If you would rather not serve, simply state on the questionare that you couldn't be fair and impartial. I actually used that one time when called for a case involving spousial abuse. It was a truthful answer, but who's to know different. Overall, it is a satisfying experience, something everybody should experience. It's very unlikely that I would ever be picked for a felony case - I'm much tooooo conservative for our present day courts.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    I was in the pool for Grand Jury duty for a 30 day stint, we got called in one time, everyone was very professional about it, and I felt we all objectively looked at each case, one at a time.

We did end up sending everyone to trial that day. You'd be surprised at some of the stuff people try to get away with, or I guess rather, want their day in court.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links