Its been a long night... two officers down

This is a discussion on Its been a long night... two officers down within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And then you shoot the cop(s)...followed by fleeing? How much more guilty could the three be? Cops should have filled the car with lead... Obviously, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its been a long night... two officers down

Stopped By Cops...Drugs In The Car...

And then you shoot the cop(s)...followed by fleeing? How much more guilty could the three be?
    Cops should have filled the car with lead...

Obviously, OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm glad the officers will recover!

VIP Member
    Be careful, keep safe.

Lead Moderator
    stay safe on patrol.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

SiXto take care sorry to hear about your brothers there Keep the streets safe GOD bless you ..
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Administrator
    I don’t know what it is, spring fever or what. Last night was another call to call running my butt off night. Back to back large bar fights, assaults, a robbery and all the other usual hillbilly type calls.
    I got assaulted by a 20 something kid who thought he was a tough guy, he got embarrassed and a few nights in jail. I hope it is just spring fever, but I think we have a long summer ahead of us. Oh well, I got 7 hours of O/T out of it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You said it its spring and I guess they all have to prove something or its just the weather change.......Or as we used to say back home there is always some one trying to prove the speed and respond of our police officers......

Be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Its probably just the first warm weather after a rather cold winter. Statistically violent crime always goes up in the summer. Just bein a college kid and studying crime trends, I would say that it probably spiked this last weekend, and will go back down some till late May or early June, but then again, I'm just a college kid. A lot of schools starting spring break too, means more kids back home drinking with their high school buddies. Basketball also heating up too.

I know up here the mini-skirts and tank tops started to come out, and with them comes trouble at the bars. Bars up here were rougher than they had been in the past few months. Glad to see ya takin care of those whipper-snappers.

Stay safe.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Yeah, every spring people get weird. I have learned to expect it. This week has been rough in particular though.
    As for the whipper snappers, I'm still on the young side myself, I do enjoy a bit of rowdiness from time to time.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yeah, the officers being shoot seemed to kind of have an impact on the community according to my mother. People seem to be used to that sort of crime in OTR, but not out in the suburbs.

I worked three nights last week, and had at least one fight every night. Since football season ended problems really died down at the bars, but seem to be picking up. I was at a bar friday night (I got off work early because we basically told everyone who weren't regulars to leave at midnight, yeah, it had been rough before that) Enjoying a couple at another bar I've worked at, and had to help the bouncers there with a "problem" that was beyond their control. But I suspect part of that was finals and spring break coming up and classes being done for the quarter.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    We just lost an Officer in Lavel, during a drug bust, which has some big questions around it as the gun used was legally owned and the kid was calling the cops when his father was in a gun battle with them.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/303120024

A magistrate set a $1 million bond this morning for a man involved in the incident Friday in which two West Chester police officers were wounded and another man was killed.

John W. Brochu, 24, of Deerfield Township, appeared by video from the Butler County jail at the county's Area II Court in Hamilton.

Magistrate Fred Miller set the bond for Brochu on charges of carrying a concealed weapon, complicity to felonious assault and failure to comply with a police order.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Brochu said he had no previous criminal record. He spoke by telephone from the jail with his head down.

West Chester Township Police Sgt. Matt Beiser was shot in the shoulder and thigh, and Officer Jeff Duma was shot in the shoulder late Friday after a routine traffic stop turned into a pursuit and shootout.

According to the charges against him, Brochu aided another person in a felonious assault that resulted in gunshot wounds to Beiser. Brochu is accused of aiding the person by driving the getaway car immediately after Beiser was shot.

Brochu is also accused of possessing a .45-caliber handgun.

Brochu was with two people Friday night when the incident occurred.

In addition to the person who was killed, another man is in Bethesda North Hospital with a fractured ankle. He has not been charged.

Hamilton County Coroner O'dell Owens is holding a 1 p.m. news conference to discuss the shooting.

The name of the deceased has not been released. Nor have officials said if he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound or from police fire.

Duma is recovering after surgery on Saturday, said Bethesda North Hospital spokeswoman Mona Bronson-Fuqua. Beiser was released from the hospital Saturday.
    One of the officers is out of the hpsotial already, the other is recovering from surgery still. So far only this on suspect has been named, but hopefully he will get to book thrown at him. I'll try to post the info from the press conference afet I get done with finals this afternoon.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Administrator
    You guys are going to pass a brick out your backside once they release the motivation for this shooting... I cant announce to the world what it is now, but you will be very suprised how stupid it is.
    Last edited by SIXTO; March 12th, 2007 at 12:24 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Well Sixto,
    looks like all us John Q. Publics will need to wait longer sinve they didn't really give a motive in the press conference.

The BG shot himself in the head, and they made a point about him having four "clips" for his .45 handgun. The two other BGs have been identified and are having chrages start to pile on them. The only real thing they suggested as some sort of motive was:

"It just seemed so bizarre that maybe he was acting out some kind of fantasy," Owens said.
    Owens is the county coroner. They found pot on several of the BG's, including the one who popped himself. But it seems like the coroner is suggesting that it was some sort of video game incuded type thing.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    Well Sixto,
    looks like all us John Q. Publics will need to wait longer sinve they didn't really give a motive in the press conference.

The BG shot himself in the head, and they made a point about him having four "clips" for his .45 handgun. The two other BGs have been identified and are having chrages start to pile on them. The only real thing they suggested as some sort of motive was:

Owens is the county coroner. They found pot on several of the BG's, including the one who popped himself. But it seems like the coroner is suggesting that it was some sort of video game incuded type thing.
    Yup, thats it. They were grand theft auto fans, I guess they played in competetions and stuff. They wanted to live out GTA in real life. I guess the driver didnt bring enough quarters.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links