Ferguson Commission Submits Final Report

This is a discussion on Ferguson Commission Submits Final Report within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm posting this under this related topic because 90% of this commission's proposed "solutions" relates directly to changes in law enforcement. NPR article: 'We have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Ferguson Commission Submits Final Report

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"

Ferguson Commission Submits Final Report

I'm posting this under this related topic because 90% of this commission's proposed "solutions" relates directly to changes in law enforcement.

NPR article: 'We have not moved beyond race': Ferguson Commission report details course for a divided St. Louis | St. Louis Public Radio

Full Report: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net...ort_091415.pdf

Nothing, zero, nada, zilch in the report examines or acknowledges any cultural concerns that have led us to this point. According to this commission the entire problem rests on the side of law enforcement and government. The people who live in these areas that experience a disparate impact are without blame, fault, or any responsibility. There is apparently nothing in their culture, behavior, or interaction with law enforcement that bears any scrutiny or that is any different than in a white/affluent area.

To me this whole thing is very shocking. It is especially shocking because of their claims that they are going deeper and producing a more meaningful report than any post-riot commission before them, because to me this is every bit as much of a superficial report that denies reality as any that came before it, and given the fallout nationally it's possibly even more superficial and out of touch than any before it. Someone needs to make these people look into a highly reflective surface for an extended period of time before they start claiming that the community itself is delightful, and no changes in the community or the prevailing culture are worth discussing. To me it simply couldn't get any more superficial and meaningless than this report.

It reminds me of 60+ years of "education reform" in St. Louis, as if you can alter the school's policies to produce better students and counter the chaos they live in when they leave the school grounds. This is the same easy, superficial, top-down solutions we see every time, and yet I'm the cynic for expecting the same absent results even if it was completely implemented. In fact, my guess would be this makes the whole thing considerably worse.

I will now take my shirt off, close my eyes, and prepare myself for the impact of the first stone.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Is anyone surprised?
    OD*, Aceoky, 5lima30ret and 1 others like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Nooooo. I said I was, but I'm really not.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

OH we feel so good now We have pointed out all them white folks wrongs . Liberals feeling good about what they done, and that is nothing to solve the problem
    craze, Rhinoman and maxwell97 like this.
    come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.metroarms1911forum.com
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994, Colt Officer ACP 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Belleview Detonics

Distinguished Member Array Rhinoman's Avatar
    The report recommends more government control, higher taxes, and more laws.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

John Philpot Curran: The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime, and the punishment of his guilt.

VIP Member
    More ammunition for the BLM crowd.....
    virg likes this.

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I don't care what the report says, the problem is obvious.
    ccw9mm, RichB70, Aceoky and 8 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Wow, what a worthless "report." Looks like 200 pages of platitudes.
    CIBMike likes this.
    "...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."

Captain Bellamy

Maybe they should hire Sheriff Joe Arpaio to study the issue and provide a minority report.
    winmod94, Aceoky, gen3 and 9 others like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

VIP Member
    Let's see

It also says the legislature should expand Medicaid eligibility, raise the minimum wage, crack down on unscrupulous lenders and bolster the amount of low-income housing.
    "Expand Medicaid eligibility" means provide more medical money to those who "need" it. Sounds good, but who is going to pay for it? Answer; Everyone else in the state that actually works.

"Raise the minimum wage" - Why? There are no businesses left in Ferguson for anyone to work at. Once again, who pays, everyone else.

"Crack down on unscrupulous lenders." Once again, sounds good, but in other words, force lenders to loan money to people who can never hope to pay it back.

"Bolster the amount of low-income housing." Another way to say, force all the other citizens of St Louis to pay to rebuild the community destroyed by many of its own residents, along with the assistance of paid rabblerousers. That, and "give me free housing."

I had better stop. I am probably approaching penalty points, and my blood pressure is rising.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Right in line with the liberal mantra of: "Never let a crisis go to waste and miss the opportunity to promote the liberal agenda."
    Aceoky and LimaCharlie like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Is anyone surprised?
    I was thinking the same thing. I really can't say much else without appearing racist.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

It also says the legislature should expand Medicaid eligibility, raise the minimum wage, crack down on unscrupulous lenders and bolster the amount of low-income housing.
    Much of what got us into this situation in the first place. I have a better idea, cut the cord, and force the "protesters" to obtain gainful employment, thus giving them less time to riot, loot and pillage. As long as we continue to enable these morons things will never change and their situation will never improve.
    Last edited by FLDawg; September 15th, 2015 at 11:23 AM.
    RichB70, Stevew and NONAME762 like this.

I don't understand the minimum wage thing. I grew up in a time where minimum wage jobs were not intended to support a family--they were for people in transition (college students, someone between jobs, someone looking for a way to better themselves without starving to death in the process). So if one leaves school after 12 years and cannot do simple math or speak/write coherently in their native tongue, they are to be rewarded for their ignorance while asking "Would you like fries with that"? [rant off]
    virg, Rhinoman and UrsusMedius like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Very very dangerous, they are creating a huge violent powderkeg! Weak or non existent guilt driven law enforcement is going to have disastrous consequences. For every action (or in-action) gets a reaction.

What are business owners going to do during the next riot if police are again held back? Sit there and watch their businesses and lives be destroyed? (business owner of any race got destroyed) Or arm up to the teeth like the koreans during the LA riots?

Fraudbama and comrades made this. With the BLM and the black panthers amping up kill whitey talk and directly telling their comrades to kill white people, we are one incident away from touching off a big violent powderkeg.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links