Mexican sue to Stop Citizens from detaining Illegal Aliens on their own property.

This is a discussion on Mexican sue to Stop Citizens from detaining Illegal Aliens on their own property. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is getting out of hand. A bunch of illegal aliens are trying to dictate to us whether or not we have the right to ...

Thread: Mexican sue to Stop Citizens from detaining Illegal Aliens on their own property.

Mexican sue to Stop Citizens from detaining Illegal Aliens on their own property.

This is getting out of hand. A bunch of illegal aliens are trying to dictate to us whether or not we have the right to protect our own property and country.

The story link- http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/64561.php

Cochise sheriff, rancher face suit
    By Michael Marizco
    ARIZONA DAILY STAR

Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever is being sued for a share of a $32 million lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court.

The suit alleges the sheriff has done nothing to stop a Cochise County rancher from apprehending illegal entrants on his own property east of Douglas.

Filed by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, the suit alleges rancher Roger Barnett held a group of illegal entrants at gunpoint on his property one year ago , shouted obscenities at the group, kicked one of the women twice and threatened to shoot anybody who tried to leave. It also lists 10 un-named co-conspirators who have known of Barnett's actions in the past and did nothing to prevent them.

Calling the group "racist liars," Barnett says he doesn't recall the incident ever taking place and said he hasn't been served with a lawsuit.

Dever has not been served with a lawsuit and therefore had no response, said Cochise County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Carol Capas.

The suit alleges that on March 7, 2004, 19 illegal entrants were resting in a wash near Douglas when Barnett pulled up on an all-terrain vehicle with a large, barking dog. It claims that Barnett waved his cocked gun at the group, and yelled obscenities at them.

Barnett then walked up to one of the women and kicked her in the leg, then tried to kick her again, the suit alleges. He then called his wife, who arrived with a truck and summoned the U.S. Border Patrol.

The entrants allegedly tried to tell the Border Patrol agents what had happened but were menaced by Barnett.

The suit mentions that Barnett, his brother Donald and his wife, Barbara, have admitted to turning over 12,000 illegal entrants to the order Patrol since 1998.

It names Dever because he has done nothing to stop Barnett from apprehending illegal entrants, said MALDEF lawyer Araceli Perez.

"Little has been done to remedy this in his own back yard," she said.

The civil rights group hopes to send a message to vigilantes that they cannot operate with impunity, Perez said.

She said the illegal entrants had notified the Border Patrol of their treatment and that was the basis of the evidence against Barnett and, subsequently, Dever.

She said MALDEF has the Border Patrol reports proving the entrants reported their treatment to the arriving agents but did not share them with the Arizona Daily Star when asked to.

The suit asks a jury to reward a total of $16 million in actual damages and $16 million in punitive damages against all the defendants, she said. The money sought is not broken up among the defendants in any particular way but lists the Barnetts, Dever and the 10 unidentified defendants.

"They're trying to destroy the United States like this," Barnett said.
    Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    we should mine the entire southern border except at checkpoints. also lots of signs in both languages warning of such. This is getting ridiculous. What would these illegal get treated like by there own govt.? much worse I would suspect. They shouldn't be allow to sue , cause legally they are not citizens, therefore have no rights. If someone invades my country I would not be too nice to em either.

Lead Moderator
    Don't any of thes people realize that the key word here is "illegal". The only thing these people should get is a one way trip back!

If they want to be protected under our laws, let them enter the country legally........ Then we'll talk!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Red face

So far, I think all have missed the big point in this....I don't think the illegals are initiating these kind of lawsuits.....it's the @#@#)(&* darn 'LAWYERS' we got over here. They're frickin "ambulence chasers" just itching to get something for nothing...."frivolous damn lawsuits" ....they're ruining our country.

Once in a while I actually agree with Prospector. No often but I agree this time. These people are illegals and you should have the right to detain or stop whomever trespasses. Unfortunately, AZ changed the law a while back and you cannot shoot someone that invaded you domain anymore. You can if they threaten or you feel you are in danger, but not if they just trespass. Dumb law AZ ain't Texas anymore. :indiffere

Links