BP taking fire near Donna, TX

This is a discussion on BP taking fire near Donna, TX within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; When will this crap end??!!! TEXAS - Border Patrol Under Fire Near Donna/Weslaco Area Mar 21, 2007 Border Agents Under Fire at Rio Grande DONNA, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BP taking fire near Donna, TX

When will this crap end??!!!

TEXAS - Border Patrol Under Fire Near Donna/Weslaco Area

Mar 21, 2007

Border Agents Under Fire at Rio Grande

DONNA, Texas (AP) -- Two Border Patrol agents investigating bundles of marijuana left along the Rio Grande exchanged gunfire with unseen assailants shooting from the Mexican side of the river, officials said.

The agents were unharmed Tuesday, and no one was believed injured on the Mexican side, Customs and Border Protection spokesman Oscar Saldana said.

It was the second time this year agents were fired at near that section of the river, which is less than 150 feet wide at that point.

The agents had spotted an inflatable raft near the U.S. side of the river near Donna, a small town near the southern tip of Texas, and found four bundles of marijuana totaling 305 pounds on the river bank, Saldana said.

"They went in to take a closer look. At that time the agents came under fire," Saldana said. "They immediately took cover and responded by firing as well."

The raft, carrying more marijuana, apparently returned to the Mexican shore.

Shots also were fired at agents in the area on Jan. 17.

"We anticipate more incidents like this one," Saldana said. "The smugglers feel frustrated. They're starting to take more and more drastic measures."

NRA, GOA, SAF, JFPO

كافر | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ | WOLVERINES!

we train BP here in charleston....

they arent slouches when it comes to defending themselves. alot of stand up, under-rated, unsung heroes in that group.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    If we will quit sending bp agents to the pen , they will defend our borders as best they can . IMHO tho now nothing short of the army will handle the situaton as it stands , its tragic for the mexicans wanting a better life , but its survival for us as a nation too .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

But Nancy Pelosi say that illegals in this country are entitled to our help...

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    But Nancy Pelosi say that illegals in this country are entitled to our help...

Yes, our help to kick them back over the border.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

border patrol Washington State,whats next

Related

Danny Westneat's columns via RSS

The old logging town of Forks is filled with independent-minded folks who "live in the middle of nowhere. And want to keep it that way," jokes the mayor.

So it didn't go over so well when the feds showed up last week and, in the name of fighting terrorism, made locals vouch for their citizenship. "It has created a lot of turmoil out here," says Nedra Reed, mayor of the town of 3,200 on the far side of the Olympic Peninsula.

Starting at 8 a.m. last Thursday, federal Border Patrol agents blocked the highway outside town. For four hours, every car, truck and bus driving south on Highway 101 was pulled off the road and all passengers questioned.

Layla Iranshad, 27, was headed to her job at Peninsula College. She says the agent asked her if she was a U.S. citizen (yes, she answered), then asked where she was born.

"I said in England. Then he asked how I got my citizenship. He also wanted to know where I lived and where I was going.

"It freaked me out. Since when in this country do we get stopped on the street and questioned about our citizenship?"

U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced last week it will stop drivers at a series of random checkpoints on the Olympic Peninsula in the coming months.

"The primary purpose of the temporary checkpoints is to support enhanced national-security efforts to deter, detect and prevent the threat of terrorist attacks against the American people," says a statement from the Border Patrol.

The agency, which guards the international boundary, can set up "interior checkpoints" up to 100 miles from any border. The checkpoints have been used before near the Blaine crossing, but never on the Olympic Peninsula.

Forks is 30 miles from the border, which lies in the Strait of Juan de Fuca. By these rules, the agency could set up a checkpoint in downtown Seattle, which is 70 miles from the border off Port Angeles.

But why a counterterrorism operation in Forks? There's not a lot there, except a confluence of great fishing rivers (hence the name Forks) and the national-park beaches.

There was no specific terrorist threat, says Bob Kohlman, a Border Patrol supervisor.

"We are working on many initiatives to secure the border from a breach by terrorists or terrorist weapons of mass destruction," Kohlman said. "This is just one of those initiatives."

Stopping traffic in Forks?

The mayor is as dubious as I am. Forks has changed from its days as the "Logging Capital of the World." It's 20 percent Latino immigrants now, many of whom come to pick salal, an evergreen prized by florists.

"People are feeling this is a fishing expedition for illegal immigrants," Reed said.

That's what the government caught — seven undocumented workers, who were shipped to a detention center in Tacoma.

It's true the Millennium Bomber was nabbed in nearby Port Angeles, back in '99. But that was at a border crossing. It ought to be tough to get in across our borders.

But inside, in places like Forks, it's supposed to be the land of the free. Remember

Nancy Pelosi is out of her mind if she thinks our medical programs can support this. The cost is unbelevable now.

If this is such a "popular" spot, one should wonder where exactly the federales were. In that cess lies the answer.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by critterhog View Post
    Think we can send Nancy back with them?
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

I got stopped by the border patrol this past summer near White Sands, N.M.
    They were very polite and professional.
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    "Are you a US citizen?"

Picka favorite response:

"Can you prove I'm not?"

"Do you have probable cause?"

"I hereby invoke my right as a US citizen to remain silent."

Insert silent stare.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    These Border Patrol Agents fired back and have not been arrested yet? Amazing, the U.S.(of Mexico) Attorney there must be falling down on the job. In all seriousness when I trained (Dept. of Defense Police later known as Dept. of the Army Police) at FLETC in Georgia in 1995 the BP trained there as well. They were very impressive. They were also the butt of alot of jokes but those guys took it in stride and pride. Not only are they not paid enough for what they do but there is deffinately not enough of them.

interesting idea...We have pumpkin and watermelon launchers....why not illegal launchers?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    Think we can send Nancy back with them?
    That would be nice but I don't think Mexico wants martins either.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    interesting idea...We have pumpkin and watermelon launchers....why not illegal launchers?
    Now the question should be if they are need to be spring loaded or pneumatic

Shame on me.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

That would be nice but I don't think Mexico wants martins either.

Now the question should be if they are need to be spring loaded or pneumatic

Shame on me.
    ...and the Americans move in on the enemy's 46 yard line...the kick is off......IT'S GOOD! That's one outstanding field goal folks.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links