Defensive Carry banner

King County (WA) Sheriff asks deputies to stay armed

913 views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  CommonCents 
#1 ·
Reactions: bigpapa
#4 ·
The Sheriff had to ask? That's funny. All the cops I have ever know back even to my childhood in the '60s were armed on duty or not. The guys I know today are especially aware of modern threats given the Chicago gang influence around here.

#13 ·
The problem with this kind of thinking is that, apparently the cops who think it smart to not carry off duty is living in fantasy land. They think it's just a 9-5. It's not. It's both, a career and a lifestyle. You just can't arrest someone and then pretend that it didn't happen just because your shift is over. You just can't shoot someone in the line of duty and act as though it didn't happen just because its after 5 pm. You can't just take down a gang, or crime leader, or foil a gun or drug transaction, and think that you get to go home and its all good, and think that now since they've been bailed out of jail and see you in the grocery store they're gonna just thank you. The criminal element is the criminal element. 24/7. This is serious business. Those cops need to wake up and smell what they're shoveling.

#8 ·
I've know quite a few LEOs who prefer not to carry off-duty... never made sense to me, especially in Detroit. Most of my guys carried though. Some agencies specifically require their officers to carry at all times and others actually pay their guys extra to carry off-duty.

These days with LEOs being targeted by our racist prez and unemployed thugs / militants, etc., it seems ridiculous to NOT carry all the time.
Now is the renewed promise by ISIS to bring the violence to U.S. soil after Paris, France.
LEO or not, it is still a matter of personal and civic responsibility for all good citizens to be armed during these dangerous times.

#14 ·
Stated very well !

#11 ·
The Seattle elite that are running that city are probably more concerned with $$money$$ than they are with the safety of their citizens. Probably afraid that if they tell their officers to be armed 24/7, then some could demand to be paid overtime for carrying "off-duty."

#12 ·
Are we actually listening to what our enemies say now? That would be refreshing. I thought they were terrorists because they didn't have a job or healthcare, and all that jihad talk was just a false consciousness that leftists could easily disabuse them of if they could just invite them home for a political discussion over a couple of bong hits...

Reactions: NONAME762
#16 ·
My neighbor and one of my best friend he's a Sheriff so I ask him one day and he told me no, he don't carry but he's probably is carry now those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.