Defensive Carry banner

Close call for French police on raid

611 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  tdave 
#1 ·
This could have ended very badly for several French police. Bunched up looking around a corner then the AK bullets start flying. Four could've been shot if the lead connected.

With all the raids going on in France that day I'm sure these were not tactical team guys, but street cops/detectives not used to firefights with ISIS terrorists.

To their credit they did not repeat their earlier tactical error. :hand10:

#2 ·
I doubt the accuracy of this number, but USA Today reported that over 5,000 rounds were fired in that whole incident. Whatever the real number, they fired an excrement-load of rounds to kill two terrorists. I think they have displaced the NYPD as the new "spray and pray" champions of the world!

I think a few Seal Teams, or equivalent, could have taken them all out with about three rounds per terrorist.

#3 ·
I'm betting most SWAT teams here, let alone SEALS, would have done better and more efficiently. But, they really aren't that sure (it seems) how many people they will be engaging. Seems the number there, surprised them. Overall, 10 people shot or arrested ????

Too bad they lost the dog.

I would have hated to be very close to those folks if they were shooting off that many rounds...

#5 ·
The French need some buckle-draggers from LA or Metro-Dade SWAT to show them how its done in da' hood.

#6 ·
The officer in the kneeling position has that "I'm feeling very vulnerable right now with only a Sig 9mm in my hands and no ballistic helmet!" look on his face.:frown:

In going over some foreign reporting I think 5,000 rounds fired is an exaggeration. Appears at least one terr was taken out with one shot by a sniper.

One blonde haired woman blew herself up after repeated warnings to show her hands. Note to self: Converts to islam come in all colors, you can't make assumptions. Also, there is a good reason police want to see your hands fully visible.

The terrs set off enough powerful explosions that the one building was believed in danger of collapsing.

One quote that got my eye was the govt units "were surprised by the intensity of the violence they met."

I have a feeling they'll be using more armored vehicles instead of truck/bus type vehicles. The French police and military were extremely fortunate they only lost a dog.

#8 ·
I never carried more than 300 rounds when I was "out and about" with MACV SpecOps in Vietnam. Although I was in numerous firefights, I never "ran dry." Granted, it was an entirely different environment.

Reactions: ETXhiker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.