Defensive Carry banner

FBI foils Terror Plot in the USA....

3K views 55 replies 37 participants last post by  michael t 
#1 ·
#8 ·
seriously? we've seriously paid to put through the legal and incarceration system 17 times this guy and he's still using our valuable oxygen and water?

shouldn't there come a point when it's obvious there is no rehabilitation? ?

#7 ·
Yesterday they announced that they had captured almost 70 ISIS operatives in the US. Apparently the home-grown terrorists make a better narrative to fit the current administration's goals.

Bottom line - Good work, FBI. They can catch 1000 of these guys and if only one gets through they're going to be portrayed as incompetent.

#14 ·
Good.

The FBI should be on the lookout for ALL TYPES of potential treats, not just cherry picking to support a political agenda.

#22 ·
Really? Isis is currently terrorizing the world, cutting the heads off Christians and Jews, Raping women, what they just did in France and threaten to do here and elsewhere and you are more concerned about three ******* white supremacist arrested for buying guns in an FBI sting and just talking about what they want to do. I don't get it.

#24 ·
I view the white supremacist movement as a dying threat, shrinking in danger every year. Similar to the KKK. Still around but becoming a caricature of what they once were. I view Islamic radicalism as a large and growing threat.

Sure the WS movement is still capable of doing harm as is the KKK but as a threat to civilians? They are much easier to infiltrate and stop.

#25 ·
I'm not .. they are too dumb to be a threat. No ability to make a plan, let alone a smart plan, and spill their guts the second they are caught. The past convictions, etc. says they aren't very successful in even being a criminal. These guys are like 2 guys with an off-road truck and 2 cases of beer...... you know the end result is going to be a wreck in there somewhere.

The terrorist, actually train, have experts and advisers, and plan out their attacks. They unfortunately are good at pulling them off.
And then , repeat it again .. and again .... and again.

I'm still convinced the two airliners from So Africa that disappeared out of the air , not to be found, were "test" attacks.... before they blew up and took down the Russian airplane.

Nimrods like you are pointing out, don't have the patience, the intelligence, the planning ability, etc. to do any of that.... they just stumbled all over themselves, run their mouths, and then get put in jail.

#36 ·
You're more concerned about three shmucks who planned to rob a guy and maybe blow up some stuff, but couldn't get the weapons without getting arrested - than you are about a terrorist army that controls its own nation, has broad international support, just killed 120 people in the middle of Paris, and has promised to do the same here?

Intriguing.

#38 ·
(Just tagging onto this thread since this seems to currently be the best fit.)

I tripped over some show on the History Channel called "The Coming ISIS Storm: America on Alert". Seems like a show that either was being preparred for some time and quickly finished and updated with the recent Paris attacks, or else it was quickly thrown together in less than a week. Talks about the ISIS soldiers being the equivalent of highly trained special forces. Interesting and enlighteningly (sp?) informative.

Now couple the threats of ISIS with the racially motivated or racially focused events in numerous locations in the last few years around the U.S.A., then blend in various people's concerns of various governmental factions mis-using or functionally abusing the political authority to go after political opposition, and mix in a whole bunch of additional current events and concerns, and I have a huge concern of a convergence into a "Perfect Storm" type of situation.

And then I think how nice it would feel to have a personal fully rigged up A10 parked on a private airstrip out back in some remote mountain compound. Then I check my wallet and am just thankful that I can afford the gas to get to work each day and come mentally back to reality.

I am way under-trained, under-preparred, and under-gunned to do much of anything against anything major. So I am making improvements in small steps where I can without falling into a Chicken Little mindset. There is a whole lot of potential for a whole dumptruck load of crapola that could happen at any moment, but at the same time I need to do laundry, eat dinner, and go to work tomorrow and live my life and take care of my daily responsibilities as best as I can.

These are dangerous and interesting times.

Be safe, be aware, and try to live as best you can while doing so is still your personal option.

#40 ·
Agreed, good on the FBI for nabbing these creeps.

From the article...Doyle...seven felon convictions including... Chaney has also been convicted of violent and other felonies...
Halderman also has 17 felony convictions...

One wonders how much of their scary/weird "community" was organized in stony lonesome.

One also wonders how many gun laws were violated.

#41 ·
Well, one point worth making .... if we run into a situation like Paris, our handguns are only going to be "possibly" useful to get out of there. They sure would not be good to enter the fight with.

Reactions: DingBat
#43 ·
So if I got this straight...3 loser with multiple felony convictions were not rehabilitated but were released back into society anyway and they got themselves promptly arrested for committing more felonies and some people think these 3 idiots who can't keep themselves OUT OF PRISON are more of a concern than ISIS???

#49 ·
Bad guys are bad guys, doesn't matter what they look like or where they come from. If they infringe on our rights and freedoms they need to be brought to justice.

Reactions: matthew03
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.