Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy moly, they actually did something in agreement (Congress)

573 views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Rock and Glock 
#1 ·
House votes to curb Syrian refugees, snubs Obama veto threat - WFSB 3 Connecticut

For once the majority of our elected officials in that big building with the dome on top actually listened to the people who put them in office, and they passed a measure on Syrian refugee allocations.
Even made it to the 60% majority to override king obama's veto.

So yeah, let's now actually do background checks and make sure we know who we're letting into the country - BEFORE they go through the gate.

#3 ·
Unfortunately Reid and the dems in the Senate might not agree with the house. If it passes in the Senate that will definately be a breath of fresh air.

#4 ·
Just because they got the 60% vote doesn't mean they'll have that same 60% on a veto vote. And then there's the senate to deal with.

Reactions: oldskeetshooter
#5 ·
That new speaker Paul I love open borders Ryan . Going to be up set . He wants open borders , and letting these people in . I agree we need to stop them and all the rest. Now Cubans are flying to central America and trying to slip in that way . Every one want to sneak in this country. Yet they all hate us. Just want our freebies.

#6 ·
How can you do background checks on ghosts?
A lot of these people have no identification whatsoever. They can give false names & information and if they have no record that would put them on anyone's radar, they're in.

Someone recently mentioned the possibility of using tracking system on the ankles of all refugees waiting to come here. It sounded like a good idea to me. We've already had more than one refugee disappear while he was supposed to be waiting on his background check. The background check & vetting is supposed to take up to 18 months. I don't see anything wrong with making them submit to tracking during that time.

-

#8 ·
Take THAT big "O" ... elections do have consequences!

#9 ·
I found it the head of DHS supported the bill, and one of the Key Dem's ... actually was involved in introducing the bill. Talk about a message to O-man.

I think they do realize ... 1) it is a real threat , and 2) if "one" incident happened as a result and they didn't act, there would be a lot of blame to go around for all of them.... and it would likely have a very big impact on elections in 2016.

#11 ·
They all wanted to be on the right side of this when down the road some of these "refugee's" commit terrorism. Thank God no matter, something positive out of Washington. For the record I support bringing the Christian refugees here as they are truly being persecuted. We can be compassionate and smart about it. All need to be vetted regardless...

Reactions: dmitchsr
#12 ·
Lot of Sabre rattling. Let's see if they can finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.