Defensive Carry banner

My proposal on how to stop Syrian immigration

399 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ExactlyMyPoint 
#1 ·
I note that the State Department is placing the Syrian immigrants mainly with religious or charitable organizations. Most of these organization have STATE, as well as federal tax exempt status. The State tax exempt status in most cases probably protects them from property tax, as well as other taxes. So why don't the States that don't want Syrian immigrants say to sponsoring organizations - "do this and you will lose your tax exempt status and have to pay property tax, as well as State tax on some types of income."

I think it might work in some cases, if States are willing to play real hard ball. What do you think?

#3 ·
Noone is going to do anything that drastic with a major election coming up in the near future. The group of people that want them here are likely to vote left and there's a number of church going type middle right that just might go left if the government starts imposing sanctions of sort to their orginization. They will all say they don't want them here but that's as far as I see it going.

#4 ·
"do this and you will lose your tax exempt status and have to pay property tax, as well as State tax on some types of income."

I think it might work in some cases, if States are willing to play real hard ball. What do you think?
This doesn't work in a nation governed by the rule of law. It works in dictatorships where a tyrant can impose his will on the populace arbitrarily. In the US, there are rules governing tax-exempt status. If a state does what you say, it will be sued quickly and it will lose the lawsuit for doign something illegal.

If in the process of defending the US, we turn it into a tyranny, what's left to defend?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.