Not open for further replies.

No Surprise...WH ignored ISIS over re-election concerns

870 views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Rock and Glock 
#1 ·
Former intel chief says WH worried over re-elect 'narrative'
By Tom LoBianco, CNN
Updated 10:20 AM ET, Wed December 2, 2015 | Video Source: CNN

Former intel chief: WH worried over re-elect 'narrative' - CNNPolitics.com

Washington (CNN)President Barack Obama's former top military intelligence official said Tuesday that the White House ignored reports prefacing the rise of ISIS in 2011 and 2012 because they did not fit its re-election "narrative."

"I think that they did not meet a narrative the White House needed. And I'll be very candid with you, they just didn't," retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead."

Flynn, who has been critical of both Obama's and former President George W. Bush's handling of the Iraq War and involvement in the Middle East, said that Obama was served poorly by a small circle of advisers who were worried about his re-election prospects at the time.

The story they needed to tell, he said, was that pulling troops from Iraq would not leave the region vulnerable to the rise of a radical Islamic group like ISIS.

"I think the narrative was that al Qaeda was on the run, and (Osama) bin Laden was dead. ... They're dead and these guys are, we've beaten them," Flynn said -- but the problem was that no matter how many terrorist leaders they killed, they "continue to just multiply."
Isn't that some sort of impeachable treasonous offense, ignoring a direct threat to the U.S. so you can get re-elected, remain in power and collect a fat check?:blink:

#5 ·
By Tom LoBianco, CNN

Isn't that some sort of impeachable treasonous offense, ignoring a direct threat to the U.S. so you can get re-elected, remain in power and collect a fat check?:blink:
It's all so subjective. When I worked in a software rollout, the various testing agencies would rate problems from one to five. Agencies monitoring threats should do something similar. There are too many reports and they cannot be all attended. Conflicting responses for different threats.

edit: The voters need to know which 'fives' were ignored.

#9 ·
Some folks, not me, elected the man to be their leader. He is neither.

#10 ·
Well, it is what it is but their at least now that some of the people are waking up, not much but some.

#11 ·
By Tom LoBianco, CNN

None of this should surprise anyone. I won't even surprise the libs, they just won't believe it.

#14 ·
The WH has its head its 4th point of contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.