Defensive Carry banner

IRC deputy wounded in traffic stop shoot out

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  RightsEroding 
#1 ·
Indian River County deputy wounded in shoot out with career criminal during traffic stop. Sheriff refused to identify the criminal by name, referring to him repeatedly as a "career criminal" instead. He should get life under Florida's 10-20-life law.

Deputy, suspect shot in Indian River County | Local News - Home

#8 ·
Prayers for the Deputy. Hope he has a complete recovery. Unless you have been in that situation it's easy to Monday morning quarterback, making your criticism worthless. JMHO

Reactions: darbo and OldVet
#9 ·
No criticism but factual mistakes were made. No Monday morning quarterback. This would be a good training video. Hopefully, others will learn from the various mistakes made. At the same time, it would be callous not to mention it.

While tragic, lessons can be and should be learned from this video. I believe LEOs learn from such videos. Isn't it about saving lives?

You have no idea of my experiences. There is no need for you to try to make more of it....Your statements are a reflection of you, look in the mirror.

#11 ·
Yep, I don't know you and likewise you don't know me or my experiences either, so please save your judgements for someone else. But I have to wonder how you could make any qualified opinion with what little can be observed from this video. It leads me to believe you have seen more or you are clairvoyant. For your sake and only since you chose to become personal, I would conservatively say I have made over 4000 traffic stops in my career, and lost five close friends in stops. I think I may know a little whereof I speak. Things can go south in a blink of an eye and unfortunately it can't always be anticipated even with the best of training and preparation. And BTW I have no problem looking in the mirror.

#12 ·
Since the OP went up, the assailant has been identified. I wondered how he made it to age 53, but then read that he had spent twenty-one years in prison.

Reactions: oneshot
#13 ·
Yeah, we all don't always do everything perfectly.

He might say the same things about making mistakes. You can make mistakes for a long time ..... and the one time it comes back to bite you.

Anyhow, I salute him. He took a thug off the street and got hurt doing it.

#14 ·
So true!

#17 ·
Glad the Deputy is alive and the bad guy got caught some lead and will be headed back to the pokey. Praise the Lord.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.