Defensive Carry banner

These Airport Officers Have No Guns

2K views 33 replies 28 participants last post by  TRX 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Have you seen the advertisement where a bank is getting robbed and the guy in a security uniform says to a customer on the floor, "Oh, I'm not a security guard, I'm a security monitor, I just tell you if there is a robbery going on. Oh, There is a robbery going on". Pretty funny promo. Who would have thought we had ANYONE in a position of authority stupid enough to make it a reality? :boese51:

Well, actually I'm not surprised given current leadership.:spankme:

#8 ·
Absurd!

#10 ·
Wow, "run and hide"........ I can't imagine signing up for that duty and they will not issue me a firearm and tell me in case of trouble to run and hide...... Like many have said it's Illinois, enough said.....

#16 ·
Illinois, are they trying to replace CA. as the Looney Tune state. America was once a country known as Land of free and Home of the brave. Now were land of tax slaves and home of cowards in charge.
I am glad. I am in my last years. I will not see the final destruction of this once great country. But my children will and they will be ones suffering because of it. We the children of the WWII veterans. Have let this happen . The Carter, Bush ,Clintons, Obama and members of congress . Have destroyed this country one step at a time . We did nothing to stop any of it. Just kept voting same people in office. We allowed homeland security, and endless laws controlling are lives to be passed . Look in the mirror then hang your head. I do .

#18 ·
"We think the strategy in place is working," said Owen Kilmer, deputy communications director of the Chicago Aviation Department.

loosely translated this means: no aviation police officer has been killed . . . yet.

Reactions: Texas Red
#19 ·
"We think the strategy in place is working," said Owen Kilmer, deputy communications director of the Chicago Aviation Department.

loosely translated this means: no aviation police officer has been killed . . . yet.
Yup.

Imagine ... a disgruntled and motivated felon who wants to take out a couple dozen folks ... strolls into the outer, non-secure zones where 100's of people are waiting in line. You know, the queue where there are zero places to hide, right out in the open. Wouldn't take much, to have a body count in the high dozens. And with unarmed "guards" nearby to "help" those in need.

I'm only surprised it hasn't happened already.

#20 ·
What a 100% crock of malarkey.

Now these so called cops will get a taste of what we mere civilians have to put up with.

#21 ·
The dumb part to me is that they go through the CPD acadamy just like the city officers. Why would they not want them to be armed and have all the authority. Unless I misread the article they are actually Chicago Police employees.

#24 ·
I read the structure as they are a separate, full police department of sworn officers who went through the Chicago Police Academy under the command of the airport. That "police chief" they have is a former fire chief with no law enforcement or security background at all (and paid 23% more than the previous police chief who was actually a cop). The officer's union whacked him with a brutal letter of no confidence after a vote and the airport bosses shrugged it off. Guy hand picked to carry out a political agenda - everything is normal in Chicago. Carry on, nothing to see here.

The only tiny, little nod I will spot them is the Chicago PD presence on site was pretty obvious and distributed last time I went through O'Hare a few years ago. Usually in pairs and lots of dogs too.

#29 ·
Chicago O'Hare is way too large to rely on an effective response from the outside by patrol cars. Coming in from the freeway it'd be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, especially with all the screaming confused calls to 911.

They absolutely need firearms in such a large, complex and definitely target-rich environment or they might as well stay home to lessen the body count. Having them unarmed is beyond ludicrous. Obviously this a decision from the top of the food chain because that's were crap like this comes from, certainly not at the grunt level or even the Lt. level.

#32 ·
NY and NJ transportation hubs are protected by what I believe is one of the best trained, best equipped, most professional police departments in the entire country. The port authority police of NY&NJ. These officers are fully sworn in both NY and NJ. The kicker is they are also fully sworn and fully equipped firefighters. And rescue wrecker operators.

#33 ·
These guys are more like grade school "hall monitors" than police, regardless of what's printed on their not-so-impressive t-shirts. Their "run and hide" instructions are no doubt appropriate. What else could they possibly do in a critical situation?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.