Defensive Carry banner

Police K9 in Ohio fights to survive after being shot multiple times

3K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  BlackhawkGirl 
#1 ·
Police canine in Ohio fights to survive after being shot multiple times | Examiner.com

A police canine with the Canton Police Department is fighting for his life after being shot multiple times on Saturday morning by a burglary suspect, reported Cleveland 19 News. The officers returned fire and the suspect, who has not yet been identified, was shot in the leg and taken to an area hospital for treatment, reported WKYC News.

The injured German shepherd, named "Jethro," is fighting to survive with the help of a veterinary team at Stark County Veterinary Emergency Clinic. Jethro's veterinary team is working to stabilize the injured dog and there is concern over swelling in his brain.
The POS that shot Jethro is Kelontre Demorious Barefield, M/B 20, DOB 5/28/1993

#6 ·
was changing his life around . When attacked by this vicious dog. Who failed to identify its self . It was a matter of self defense paws up don't shoot
don't shoot! Don't shoot! Nose Snout Head Canidae Dog

#3 ·

BARFIELD, KELONTRE D- Lakewood
AKA: BAREFIELD, KELONTRE
DOB: 05/28/1993, Age 18
6’1” 165 lbs
Wanted for: Felony Kidnapping, Theft, Obstructing Official Business

#8 ·
A friend of mine is keeping me updated. Jethro's veterinarians are working hard to save his life. He still has swelling on his brain and shrapnel.

The POS has a prior.

Too many POS in the world. Too many pricks, not enough kicks.

#9 ·
I am surprised the PoS that shot him survived.

#10 ·
The police should have dropped the scumbag for a dirt nap there and then.

Hoping the K9 pulls thru.

#29 ·
I believe Ohio allows someone who kills a Police Dog to be charged with murder of a police officer. Doubt if he will get the death penalty, but he will not see the light of day this century. The dumb-ass moved from committing a minor felony to the big leagues.

#30 ·

Support body armor for K9's.

They give it their all and they deserve the best protection.

#32 ·
This is all very frustrating and infuriating.

#36 ·
Hopefully Karma will bite young Kelontre, or whatever his stupid mother named him.

I wish these ignorant people spitting these dregs of humanity out on a regular basis would stop.

#37 ·
From HuffPost:

Facebook users posting on the Police K-9 Association’s page announced that there will be a candlelight vigil at the precinct Sunday night for Jethro. They also asked the public to turn their porch light for the dog.

"This is to honor the officer who was killed in place of his partner and his human. A father and husband is alive because of him and for this we honor him!" Angel Rae wrote.

I have a tear in my eye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.