Zarqawi Planning U.S. Hit?

This is a discussion on Zarqawi Planning U.S. Hit? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Time.com ^ | Sunday, Mar. 13, 2005Sunday, Mar. 13, 2005March 13, 2005 | By ADAM ZAGORIN, TIMOTHY J. BURGER AND BRIAN BENNETT Posted on 03/13/2005 ...

Thread: Zarqawi Planning U.S. Hit?

Zarqawi Planning U.S. Hit?

Time.com ^ | Sunday, Mar. 13, 2005Sunday, Mar. 13, 2005March 13, 2005 | By ADAM ZAGORIN, TIMOTHY J. BURGER AND BRIAN BENNETT

Posted on 03/13/2005 110 PM EST by ExSoldier762

Intelligence officials tell TIME that interrogation of a member of al-Zarqawi's organization, who was taken into U.S. custody last year and has been described as a top aide, indicates that al-Zarqawi has given ample consideration to assaults on the American homeland. According to a restricted bulletin that circulated among U.S. security agencies last week, the interrogated aide said al-Zarqawi has talked about hitting "soft targets" in the U.S., which could include "movie theaters, restaurants and schools."
    (Excerpt) Read more at time.com ...

Now more than ever, we need to be vigilant and ready to react to threats on home soil that can be stopped. The Israelis know this and have demonstrated it in their populace (ordinary folks, citizens--NOT Special Forces) numerous times. If the antigun POLS don't emasculate us first, we have a real chance to fight back one on one, instead of watching helplessly as an aircraft smashes into a building full of sheep. Time for the sheepdogs to awaken!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    In fairness to US sheep, there is a massive difference between the Israelis and Americans:

- Essentially all Israelis have to serve in the military at age 18 and beyond, male and female. They are all trained on "what to look for" to prevent terrorist attacks.
    - Therefore, the Israeli citizen on the street has had adequate training to spot "irregularities" and question if something looks out of place, BEFORE disaster strikes.
    - Israelis are taught to take action and that they have the primary responsibility for their own safety!
    - In the US, very few citizens are trained to look for something "out of place". We are taught to "mind our own business" or at most, dial 911 and wait for the cavalry.
    - In US, primary responsibility for our safety is the police . . . most everyone believes this. [You and I may know this isn't true, but the average sheep BELIEVES this to be true.] When a rapist is loose, the PDs hold meetings for women and tell them not to go out alone, carry a whistle, call 911 . . . have you ever heard of a meeting where they advised women to arm themselves and take training in self-defense (use of potentially lethal force)? No? Neither have I!
    - I can tell you that PDs here in New England were NOT trained with regards to terrorism of any sort. I have confirmed (within last 6 months) that most small PDs STILL (very post-9/11) haven't been trained in anti-terrorism. Large PDs have received some training in this regard (due to Fed grants), but there are a lot more small PDs than large ones and they are naked!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LenS
    In fairness to US sheep, there is a massive difference between the Israelis and Americans:
    Have you ever heard of a meeting where they advised women to arm themselves and take training in self-defense (use of potentially lethal force)? No? Neither have I!
    Actually it happened in Orlando, Florida in 1963 and the Orlando PD Held firearms training seminars for about six weeks. There was a serial rapist on the loose and the cops recommended women arm themselves. Crime dropped an average of 63% in this time period. How do I know, since at the time I was about six years old? Well when I got my B.A. degree in Criminal Justice, it came up in a class discussion.

And yes, you and I (not being sheep) do definately know that we can defend ourselves and our families without needing the police. I would advise ALL Americans to buy the book I just bought: "THE TERRORIST RECOGNITION HANDBOOK" by Malcom W. Nance.

If all Americans read this book and took to heart it's principles and information, we'd be much better equipped to face whatever is headed our way...and mark my words...SOMETHING B-I-G is headed in our direction like a freight train out of control.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Smile Sheepdogs Here:

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Time for the sheepdogs to awaken!
    Sheep Dogs: http://www.blackfive.net/main/2004/1..._hang_wit.html

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    ExSoldier,

In the Northeast they would NEVER teach people to truly defend themselves. We've had serial rapists in the Boston area (e.g. Boston Strangler, and many other less infamous) and universally the PD's approach has been whistles, travel in packs, etc. NEVER have they advised the use of a firearm and they are only now grudgingly providing info on getting a FIREARMS PERMIT (required by our laws) for the possession of chemical sprays (they are legally considered ammo and criminal penalties without a permit)! There have been a number of incidents near colleges (where all firearms, ammo and chemical sprays are legally prohibited) which has raised fear levels amongst the sheep.

Lead Moderator

Would you believe?

ExSoldier,

In the Northeast they would NEVER teach people to truly defend themselves. We've had serial rapists in the Boston area (e.g. Boston Strangler, and many other less infamous) and universally the PD's approach has been whistles.
    Wait, some day you will see a headline reading that a woman was raped, then choked with her whistle!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Ive told the old lady since 9/11 we werent done and have always tried to watch for stuff... She told me im to parnoid i told it its not parnoid when the whole world is after ya

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Ive told the old lady since 9/11 we werent done and have always tried to watch for stuff... She told me im to parnoid i told it its not parnoid when the whole world is after ya
    We already know that the 9/11 events had been planned for years before execution. One thing the Al-Queda bozos have is patience. And you bet your booty they've had and continue to plan other events as well. Officials keep saying it and it is true....not a matter of if....it is when!

I was once involved in a "concept development" project to identify vulnerabilities and means of wreaking havoc on a "target country". You name it, it was a target, and believe me, those same concepts can and possbly are being ginned up with "Us" being the target. There is no real need to import/smuggle the means into our country...they're readily available already, but God help us if they ever do get their hands on WMDs inside our borders.

Preparation is key, but unlike the Israelis, we just aren't organized for that on a national level, and, I can see all the liberal whiners reacting now!!!

Unlike the Israelis i dont think we will ever be at that level to many whimp's and sheep and anitgunners...

Can you imagine what would happen if like a pic i saw on THR i think it was 3 18 yeard old girls walk in Mcdonalds with Ar-15's Strapped to there backs

Bud, I hate to disagree with you. Our society is definately reaction driven. Israel was at the same point we currently are...before wandering in the desert. They have alot more history than our great country.

Our society is still in an infantcy and will develop change through harsh awakenings. The wimps will still be wimps and the sheep, sheep. I think they will just be quiet wimps & sheep huddling in the corner.

The anti gunners seem to be hypocrites already. The more politically powerful ones are not being heard as they once were. It is our responsibility as protectors to assure this trend continues.

Our country is in a definate crossroads. I firmly believe it is only a matter of when...not if we are attacked again...repeatedly.

Thank you all for VOLUNTARILY being Sheepdogs and standing up for your rights to protect yourselfs, your families and your communities.

have you ever heard of a meeting where they advised women to arm themselves and take training in self-defense (use of potentially lethal force)?
    I do remember sometime around 1980 or so when I was working at a nuclear plant in south Florida and the Dade County Sheriff and Miami Police Chief held a televised news conference where their message was essentially "crime is out of control, the police cannot protect you, it's up to every citizen to accept responsibility for your own saftey by whatever means possible, including taking up arms".

I remember about fallin' out of my chair too!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

So how long did you work at TURKEY POINT?

I remember when that announcement was made and it was about seven years BEFORE we got our SHALL ISSUE carry permit. LOL IIRC they sent state troopers from all over the state to Miami Dade County to handle all the local traffic problems, freeing up the locals to concentrate on serious felony crime. The troopers worked 12 hour days and were put up free of charge at the BEST hotels in Miami. I'd see 'em in downtown with a HUGE MAP covering the entire hood of their car trying to figure out how to proceed to an accident site. I stopped one time and offered directions. I asked how he was getting along with the spanish language. Mind you this guy had a southern drawl that'd make the cows come home....early. So I ask him and laughs and says (with a mouth full of RED MAN Chewing tobacco) that whenever a LATINO claims to no speakee engli, he just looks at the dude and says: "DANG YOU'RE STUPID! I'LL BET YOR MAMA IS STOOOOPID TOO!" and if the guy looks at him all mean he knows it's getting thru! Back then all the state troopers had to be 6' tall and 200lbs and meaner than a snake because in some of them little podunk Florida towns they were THE MAN. Bar fight? Handle it yourself. Backup is over an hour away sometimes. Those guys carried leg irons and M16's in their cars.

While they were in Miami, they got one day off for R&R. All any of them had was their trooper cars, so you'd have 15 cop cars parked outside of the clubs. Kept things REAL calm!

So how long did you work at TURKEY POINT?
    Worked there on a maintenence shutdown about 5 months. Stayed mostly in Homestead with a girlfriend while I was there.

This was during the time of the Cuban Mariel Boat Lift (made famous in Pacinos Scarface) when Castro exported more than 125,000 people to sunny South Florida. Many were the worst criminals & crazys from his jails and asylums, and many were infected with AIDS virus.

They had fenced in detention centers built under the freeway overpasses to detain the refugees for processing...it was quite a sight! At one point, 21,000 Cuban refugees rioted and National Guard troops surrounded a U.S. Army post barracks to restore order.

The crime rate including murder soared out of control during this time as a direct result of this 6-month influx of criminals. I believe this situation was partially responsible for the current gun carry laws in Florida.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

I don't want to start a new thread on this, but on September 12th 2001, I was in the JROTC office going over the EVENT with the staff of (other) old soldiers there and a phone call came into the office. The OIC listened for a moment and put it on speakerphone.

It was a TEARFUL And Frantic former JROTC cadet who had just joined the navy and was in the phillipines.Something had just happened and she was calling her old JROTC commander to tell before she even called her MOM. LOL

She (yup SHE) was walking guard duty when a Jihadi penetrated perimeter security and rushed her and the petty officer who was walking with her, swinging a sharp machete. The P.O. was not armed. The girl had an M16 and a loaded mag in the well. Nothing in the chamber. She looks at the PO as this maniac is rushing her and says "WHAT do I do?" And the PO tells her as calm as can be: "Ok chamber a round." She does so. "NOW take up a good unsupported firing position." (Jihadi closing fast) she does so. "Now what?" she asks. "SHOOT THE SOB!!!" She caps off a round and hits him in the gut. He goes down.

Now we are all of us exchanging "HIGH FIVES" in an inner city high school in South Florida and this little girl is sobbing with the reaction about how she joined up to go to college and see the world not to SHOOT folks...and we're still exchanging high fives and low fives....

Sheepdogs ain't always male.....

I didn't know her personally except to know that she had graduated from the high school where I taught American Government and I was real proud of her, even if she was crying up a storm and regretting having to take this dirtbag's life.... She did her duty and we were ALL proud.

Lead Moderator
    She (yup SHE) was walking guard duty when a Jihadi penetrated perimeter security and rushed her and the petty officer who was walking with her, swinging a sharp machete. The P.O. was not armed. The girl had an M16 and a loaded mag in the well. Nothing in the chamber. She looks at the PO as this maniac is rushing her and says "WHAT do I do?" And the PO tells her as calm as can be: "Ok chamber a round." She does so. "NOW take up a good unsupported firing position." (Jihadi closing fast) she does so. "Now what?" she asks. "SHOOT THE SOB!!!" She caps off a round and hits him in the gut. He goes down.
    This almost goes back to the thread about could you pull the trigger. She was lucky she had someone there to snap her out of it and save her butt. On the other hand, it probably wasn't an area where armed aggression was expected, like a "war zone".
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links