Terrorism: Coming SOON to a SCHOOL near YOU!

This is a discussion on Terrorism: Coming SOON to a SCHOOL near YOU! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a WorldNetDaily printer-friendly version of the article which follows. To view this item online, visit http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54975 Monday, April 2, 2007 HOMELAND INSECURITY Terrorists ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrorism: Coming SOON to a SCHOOL near YOU!

Exclamation Terrorism: Coming SOON to a SCHOOL near YOU!

This is a WorldNetDaily printer-friendly version of the article which follows.
    To view this item online, visit http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54975

Monday, April 2, 2007

HOMELAND INSECURITY
    Terrorists coming to a school near you
    Police ill-equipped to defend against an American Beslan
    Posted: April 2, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Authorities fear the school massacre that shook Russia a few years ago may be a dress rehearsal for what al-Qaida plans to do in America only on a grander scale, launching multiple school attacks simultaneously across the country.

In 2004, Chechen terrorists associated with al-Qaida seized a school building in Beslan, Russia, and slaughtered 338, including 172 children.

Three years later, schools and local police in this country are still unprepared to deal with such an assault, experts warn. Most don't have response plans for handling a single active shooter, let alone a cell of trained terrorists launching a large-scale attack.

Yet terror cells secreted inside America may be planning to use buses, as well as other vehicles and methods, as a Trojan horse to infiltrate school campuses and massacre students and teachers.

The FBI and Homeland Security Department last month distributed a bulletin to law enforcement across the country warning that Muslims with "ties to extremist groups" are signing up to be school bus drivers. They also noted "recent suspicious activity" by foreigners who either drive school buses or are licensed to drive them.

"The enemy is infiltrating us at all levels, and certainly school bus drivers are one area to look at," warned retired Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, president of Killology Research Group, an anti-terror consultancy that trains the FBI and other law enforcement. "And how about high school, middle school and elementary school cafeteria workers? Janitors? Delivery people?"

Grossman says some school district security officials he works with have expressed concerns about some of the Muslim employees schools are hiring.

"But no one dares profile them," he told WND.

"Islamic terrorists are already in place in the U.S. and, yes, that includes bus drivers, cafeteria workers and also airport workers," added Grossman, a former Army Ranger and West Point professor.

Floor plans for schools in Virginia, Texas and New Jersey have been recovered from terrorist hands in Iraq, he notes. Videotapes confiscated in Afghanistan show al-Qaida terrorists practicing the takeover of a school.

Simultaneous attacks on schools in multiple states would follow Osama bin Laden's goal of crippling the U.S. economy. If multiple schools were hit, Grossman says, parents would drop out of the work force en masse to protect their children. A prolonged labor disruption would cost businesses billions of dollars in lost revenue.

The 9/11 mastermind now in custody at Gitmo recently suggested al-Qaida may be targeting school children. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed said in his confession before a military tribunal that while he may not like killing kids, they're fair game in jihad. He claims U.S. forces bombed and killed the children of bin Laden's top deputy, Ayman Al-Zawahiri, and arrested and "abused" his own children.

According to the Middle East Media Research Institute, an al-Qaida spokesman has claimed Muslims have the right to kill up to 2 million American children in retaliation for Muslim children killed in Muslim lands.

"Osama bin Laden has promised that what has happened in (Beslan) Russia will happen to us many times over," Grossman said. "And Osama tries very hard never to lie to us."

Experts say terrorist cells are aided by many facilitators inside American cities who canvass targets and perform other logistics for such attacks.

"They are in the U.S., in all aspects of life, including the schools and not just as bus drivers," Grossman said. "And American school children may pay the price," if schools and local law enforcement fail to implement counterterror plans.

Recent events come on top of several other school bus-related incidents involving Mideast men that raise suspicion of terror activity.

They include last year's surprise boarding of a school bus in Tampa, Fla., by two Saudi men dressed in trench coats. Authorities suspect they were making a dry run to see how easy it would be to hijack or blow up a school bus filled with innocent American students.

Previously, an Arab man from Detroit was caught trying to obtain a job as a school bus driver in New York using fake Social Security documents.

Experts also worry about terrorists operating independently of al-Qaida. "There are many lone wolves and self-starters out there who could attack at any time," Grossman warned.

Muslim gunman Sulejman Talovic was loaded for bear in February when he opened fire on shoppers in a Salt Lake City mall. He was armed with a shotgun, a .38 pistol and a backpack full of ammunition. He killed five and would have kept killing if an alert off-duty police officer hadn't returned fire and helped stop him.

If the 18-year-old Bosnian immigrant had targeted his old high school in a similar rampage, the number of body bags would have been horrific, experts say. Such a scenario is local law enforcement's worst nightmare, because school resource officers, or SROs, are ill-equipped to handle such assaults.

Homeland security consultants recommend arming all SROs and training them in SWAT tactics to repel such attackers.

"The time may come when that one cop will have to keep several adults at bay, preventing them from prosecuting their assault plan on our kids until support arrives," said John Giduck, president of Archangel Group, an antiterror training service.

Recent attacks on children in schools in Athens, Ga., Bailey, Co., Red Lake, Minn., and Nickel Mines, Penn., occurred in the absence of armed SROs.

"We can't think that Columbine will be the worst tactical circumstances our SROs will face," warned Giduck, author of "Terror at Beslan: A Russian Tragedy with Lessons for America's Schools."
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    We won't do a thing untill a massacre happens. I live half a block away from an elementary school and I thought about terrorists or Columbine-type idiots doing a massacre and I feel frustrated that any armed civilian living in the area who could somehow delay or interrupt such an attack is, by law, not allowed to get near the darn place with a weapon.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    We won't do a thing untill a massacre happens.
    and then the reaction will probably be more toward "how did these terrorists get guns? lets make sure they can't get them again so lets ban everything."

VIP Member
    If a school massacre occurs......one of two things will happen.

1) if it is only one school.........the reaction will be, 'isolated incident' by a person. There won't be any mention of their religion if they are Muslim. It will be treated just like the other shootings that have occurred involving Muslims in this country. i.e...mall shooting, college campus rundown with an SUV...etc......Media & anti's will have a heyday calling for the banning of all guns.

2) if it is a coordinated attack of multiple schools...the reaction to whoever sponsored it would be devastating. The public reaction would be worse than 9/11 & rightfully so......Anti's will still call for gun bans, but they will be in the minority.

(side note: if it happens while Bush is still in office............the left will blame him!)
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I agree with you 100% but you miss the other issue will be people arming them selfs and going after anyone with a look like or kind of like a middle estern type.....and making them pay.......literally a chaos
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

This kills me. I understand their thinking that they don't want guns at schools (I don't agree with it, though), but WAKE UP! Osama has already promised to strike at our children. I don't wan't just any yahoo at my kids' school armed either (though really, how often are non-employees at a school?), but I wish that willing, volunteer teachers were armed. I think it is probably a good idea that they undergo at least 20 hours of initial training, and 8 hours or every 6 months to a year of continuing. Many would do this at their own expense.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Exclamation +1!

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    If a school massacre occurs......one of two things will happen.

1) if it is only one school.........the reaction will be, 'isolated incident' by a person. There won't be any mention of their religion if they are Muslim. It will be treated just like the other shootings that have occurred involving Muslims in this country. i.e...mall shooting, college campus rundown with an SUV...etc......Media & anti's will have a heyday calling for the banning of all guns.

2) if it is a coordinated attack of multiple schools...the reaction to whoever sponsored it would be devastating. The public reaction would be worse than 9/11 & rightfully so......Anti's will still call for gun bans, but they will be in the minority.

(side note: if it happens while Bush is still in office............the left will blame him!)
    I concur completely. The incident in Utah was plainly a case of SUDDEN JIHADI SYNDROME and it will happen again. The question is that if it is demonstrated that the schools are targets for terror, will there be a movement to allow teachers who are CCW AND ex-military (like myself) carry on campus. Not many teachers CCW, those who do (Euclidean from this forum excepted) are usually former military, at LEAST in my district (which is the fourth largest in ther nation) this is the case. I can't speak for other more rural areas. But the liberals I work with quaver at the idea of arming teachers. Heck they don't like armed COPS!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by aimhigh View Post
    I agree with you 100% but you miss the other issue will be people arming them selfs and going after anyone with a look like or kind of like a middle estern type.....and making them pay.......literally a chaos
    I'm not too sure that would happen in my area. The reason that most of the 911 hijackers LIVED for a time in South Florida (besides flight training) is that they tended to blend in so well with the Latino population which dominates the region at about 60% or more. I can't see Cubans or Nicaraguans blowing each other away for looking like a terrorist.

Trust me there is a big different between the Latinos and the middle esters.....its not the tan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by aimhigh View Post
    Trust me there is a big different between the Latinos and the middle esters.....its not the tan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
    I know that, but there is a passing similiarity in appearances. Until they SPEAK. The 911 Hijackers were VERY quiet around "infidels."

I think that racial profiling should be used to identify the enemy. the idea of not using any tool available for this purpose is fool hearty. Until we wake up to this fact we will be at a huge disadvantage. These guys have no respect for life and play dirty. somebody needs to wake up.
    Last edited by Tom G; April 2nd, 2007 at 10:03 PM.

It's going to happen. It's going to be bloody and brutal. It's going to occur in waves designed to destroy hearts & minds ... the will to fight.

Police will never, ever be able to patrol and guard all public spaces. But, the public can. Should, IMO. It's the only practicable solution, but it requires training, arming.

It's the one reason I'm all for 2-4yrs forced service immediately upon graduation of high school, to create a "base" of aware, trained and capable people. Peel $1-2B/yr off the top of the defense budget to fund a good rifle and sidearm for everyone who comes through the system. Send 'em off with blessings (and the rifle/sidearm), at the end of the 2yr stint. Reform concealed-carry laws to be Vermont-style, with full self-defense and deadly-force protections of "castle doctrine," "stand your ground," preemption and shielding from lawsuits. Yup. That'll do it. Not much else will. Everything else is window dressing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I know that, but there is a passing similiarity in appearances. Until they SPEAK. The 911 Hijackers were VERY quiet around "infidels."
    Ex-S, you know darn wee we never stop blabbing!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

You ASSUME that High School Grads are "sentient."

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It's going to happen. It's going to be bloody and brutal. It's going to occur in waves designed to destroy hearts & minds ... the will to fight. It's the one reason I'm all for 2-4yrs forced service immediately upon graduation of high school, to create a "base" of aware, trained and capable people. Everything else is window dressing.
    Unfortunately as a teacher in a public high school these last ~sigh~ almost 18 years, you're assumption is that we're graduating folks CAPABLE & AWARE. They're NOT. They're SHEEP ripe for the slaughter and the liberals in public education will have lots of innocent blood on their hands as a result. Mention the word "DRAFT" and the majority of my kids will be on the next boat back to Haiti or headed to Canada whom I assume as par for the anti-USA course will welcome them with open arms .... just like last time.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; April 2nd, 2007 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    ... you're assumption that we're graduating folks CAPABLE & AWARE. We're NOT. They're SHEEP ripe for the slaughter ...
    OMG, no. I'm not. I know them (as a group) for the unprepared, unseasoned group they are. Hence, the 2-4yrs under appropriate training conditions. Anything else simply won't turn it around, to my way of thinking. It's that bad.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links