Trade a gun for other items ??

This is a discussion on Trade a gun for other items ?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I dont know where to put this , but since a gen set is part of the trade i thought this section , mods please ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade a gun for other items ??

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

I dont know where to put this , but since a gen set is part of the trade i thought this section , mods please move is something is more suitable .

Ok today i traded off a ruger SP101 2" in .357. I acquired the little snubby a week or so ago( never did shoot it ) , and am not just enamored with them . dont get me wrong they are fine , but not one of my " chosen " guns . So today i traded it for a pile of crap including a new generator http://www.titanindustrial.net/tg3800CAM.htm is direct link to it . It appears to be a honda under another name and in fact i was told to order honda parts for the motor if needed . Oh and i also got a front sight /gas block assy for an ar, a set of rifle handgards including the plate for said sight , a barrel nut with delta ring assy , a m16 bolt carrier(no bolt or anything but gas key which is properly staked ) and a stripped a2 upper ar 15 receiver . So my question honestly is how do yall feel about trading a firearm for non firearm items at least in part if not in full ?
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Thumbs up Horse tradin'

Recently traded a Charter Arms .38 Spl. for a Kodak digital camera and 21 DVD's(for the grandkids)

hope the little brats liked them , my brats tend to watch what i get them twice and then re invent the frizby , unless dad likes it then he steps inn lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Forgot to add i picked up an unusual item that i forgot i owned , a ram line lightweight carbine barrel for a 10-22. Its basicly a tensioned tube ( kinda like carbon fiber today ) that follows original couture , I just got it slapped into a butler creek folder , and thinking about a tasco red dot for it since the sights have disappeared . Its nice to have an extra 10-22 action or two to play with , if this works out ill have to get anoter one since it will basicly live in the wife's work pickup for vermin .

I also remember trading a model 58 S&W 41 Mag. for a '63 Ford Fairlane Sports Coupe.If I could only have one of 'em back......lol

I once traded a saco finwolf for a girlfriend , I wish i had the rifle back lol . But hey her dad is still a friend and still takes game with the rifle so its all good .

Don't Know If It's True...

but I heard that during the 'Klinton Presidency', Bill landed in AirForce 1 and walked down the ramp with a cute little piglet under his arm...
    When approaching the bottom of the ramp, the Marine saluting...look amazingly at the little pig, then looked at the President...

Bill said, "Cute little fella, eh? I got it for Hillary?" The Marine said, "Nice trade Sir!"

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

oO( hope they run that pig , i might just vote for it lol ) I wont vote for any Clinton for any reason myself , nor will i live in the same house as anyone who does . If the Clintons come foreward and answer some tough questions ill think about it .... ( no you pervz , its whitewater ect.. not monica ect.. lol )

Senior Moderator
    So my question honestly is how do yall feel about trading a firearm for non firearm items at least in part if not in full ?
    I traded a 84 Ford F150 for a for some guns once. One was a heavy barreled Remington .308 with a 4x14 Leupold scope and a Harris bipod, with hardcase,and lots of ammo. I had shot this gun and wanted it as it was a tackdriver. In that trade I aslo got a CZ -75 9mm with several 17 round mags and a thousand rounds of ammo.

Another time I traded a Honda "Big Red" 3 wheeler for a 4x14 tactical Leupold.

Another trade was 2 each 1oz. Krugerrands for an AK47,8 mags and 1000 rounds of ammo.

I once traded a Remignton .22 571 pump for a 16" chainsaw.

As you can see, I have NO problems trading guns for whatever.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Do it While you can Boys If this Stupid H.B. 1022 Gets passed by the house of Represenitives LOL you'll be facing 10 yr prison term for not goin through an FFL

I had a guy wanting to trade a handgun for a web page I found that to be quite interesting, what you think?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by poperb View Post
    I had a guy wanting to trade a handgun for a web page I found that to be quite interesting, what you think?

Randy
    My dad used to take guns in trade for body work on cars.

I once bailed a buddy out of jail (for non-payment of child support)and he payed me back with a rifle and two shotguns, because he didn't have any money.

So, I think trading a webpage for a gun is reasonable, as long as your the one getting the gun.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    GREAT thread!! If I felt so inclined and the offer was sweet enough... I might do that. But I'm still young (26) and starting my collection. All weapons, decent or not, are forfeit to another living soul anytime soon. The M1 Carbine I bought a few months back is nearly trash. It has to be manually cycled every 4-5 rounds and pretty much quits after 40 rounds. But would I give it up for anything? Molon Labe. haha

I can see myself trading firearms later, though - especially once I start picking favorites. Maybe I should get my Class 3 now and just dive in all the way...
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

kpw
    I traded a Kimber for a new Hoyt and all the fixins. The Hoyt dealer was looking for a Kimber and I was looking for a new bow. Worked for me.

I once traded a car radio for a Ruger Super Blackhawk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links