Defensive Carry banner

Capt Higgins Resigns (Really Ticked Off)

3K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  Weatherman 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Dirtbags win another , soon the world will have more dirtbags and more people feeling sorry for the dirtbags . I am fed up with the current state of affairs and society in minimizing the bad people and maximizing the the hell they bring on the good , honest , fair people of this world .

#5 ·
If I recall correctly, the ACLU objected to his use of the word "heathens" as religious blah blah blah. They'd get him on anything they could, of course.

Good for him, not backing down vs the gangs - EITHER gang.

Reactions: GRCarry
#10 ·
Is it known, for a fact, exactly why this guy resigned? Might well be for a variety of reasons, whether or not this particular instance of "backlash" was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Seems to me that someone who's used to calling a spade a spade wouldn't be all that concerned with the ACLU pounding its feelings on the table. A violent criminal gang with a long history of violence has, well, "thugs" as its adherents. Not all that inappropriate a term to use, given the violence. Color of the skin doesn't much matter. Don't want to be branded a "thug"? Then don't join a deadly violent gang that regularly engages in "thuggish" violence. Seems pretty simple to me.

And, nowhere did I hear the guy claim (as the "news" report suggested) that he believed execution prior to conviction was valid. I'm sure most any legitimate LEO believes that in the event a deadly-violent assailant seeks to threaten murder during a lawful attempted arrest, then the use of deadly force is authorized. Not sure how that'd even imply "execution" is warranted.

#12 ·
a friend of mine had his truck broken into a month ago. He confronted the guy that was rummaging through his console at 3am. The guy had been arrested 19 times before for various bad things. My friend picked the guy up and through him out of his truck. The District Attorney found no grounds to arrest the guy that had broken into my friend's truck, but has decided to charge my friend with assault on the guy stealing his stuff.

......and we wonder why America is screwed up? With a system that rewards the bad guys and penalizes those that only look to do good and uphold the law, we are doomed to a slow and painful death. Captain Higgins would do well working here in Central Florida. We like his kind........Sheriff Grady Judd of Polk County is my kind of guy.

#15 ·
I'ld tell the ACLU , file what you want. A shame the Sheriff rolled over for them.

He'll soon be employed. Hope he does run for Sheriff though. He said he has speaking engagements scheduled until May 2017.

#17 ·
Conservatards or libertards aside according to the linked article it sounds like he was under fire for insubordination and disobeying his superiors. Is he deserving of fame for something or just another insubordinate underling?

#23 ·
Maybe Higgins should consider running for Sheriff. We need more "Walking Tall" types out there. I'm afraid that is the only thing these dealers and other miscreants understand. They already know how to play the system and the Judges seem to be the defense attorney's best friend. The innocent people and victims of these crimes need someone on their side willing to take it to the bad guys while not going overboard on the good guys.

#24 ·
Reactions: OlCop
#26 ·
If someone were to call me John Wayne I'd take it as a compliment of the highest order. And I would probably get a tattoo that quotes it.
FIFY

#25 ·
I am a huge fan of now former-Captain Higgins, but it is a bit more complicated than just that.

The last video he did was not related to the St. Landry Parish Crimestoppers program, and the reason he resigned was because the sheriff, who agrees factually with everything Higgins has said, told him to tone down some of the language that was individually insulting or demeaning, and Higgins did not feel he could obey that order, so he resigned. There were some other related issues like Higgins appearing in his dress uniform on a local magazine cover without the permission of the sheriff's office and other issues that seem minor but which are borderline insubordinate if you're in a paramilitary organization.

#27 ·
If I was the Sheriff and the ACLU complained about one of my deputies, I would give the deputy a medal. The ACLU has done more harm to this country than any organization I can think of.

Reactions: locotest
#30 ·
From the article said:
His most recent and most popular video with over 18 million views at the time of this writing, in which Higgins referred to seven fugitive members of the local “Gremlins Gang” as “animals” and promised to “return fire with superior fire” if needed, prompted not only a wave of support from the community, but also some intense push-back.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana responded, “While we support legal law enforcement and certainly are as concerned as anyone about violence in our neighborhoods, law enforcement officers must be aware of the implications of their public statements. Assuming that what is reported is true, Mr. Higgins has suggested that those he seeks to arrest are subject to execution before trial.
Interesting, how such statements get twisted by the "victim" culture.

The implication that returning fire if fired upon equates to believing people are subject to arrest before trial. Horse puckey. It only means that if you seek the murder of folks, you earn folks having something to say about that on the instant it's happening. Nobody has to suck one up to the point of being murdered by such people. "Animals" is a good word to refer to predators who threaten such things ... whether that be threatening the average citizen, police who are coming to bring them to face their court justice, or whomever.

That sort of crap is about the same as saying someone going around armed equates to a desire to shoot everyone. Nope. It simply means a person is unwilling to roll over when murder's attempted or threatened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.