Defensive Carry banner

Norwegian mass killer complains about cushy solitary lockup

1K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  SatCong 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It’s a shame Norway does not have the death penalty; he should have been put down the same s a rabid dog.

According to The New York Times, Breivik spends his days in a 340-square-foot “cell” at Skien Prison in southern Norway, where he has the use of a fridge, TV, DVD player, Sony PlayStation, a desk and a typewriter. He does his own cooking and even entered a baking contest last holiday season, the paper reported.
Back when I was on active duty a 125 square room was considered more than adequate for a single man, we did have a reefer but hotplates or any other cooking appliances were prohibited.

#6 ·
Designing a judicial system around "rehabilitation" is a joke. But, it creates jobs: social workers out the wazoo, probation and parole officers, drug counselors, psychiatrists and psychologists, instructors, rehab techs ad infinitum, a pile of admins and, ultimately, more prison guards and prisons because rehab does not work. So, nobody cares if it doesn't work. It is sort of like if peace broke out in the world. Every economy on earth would go under.

#7 ·
I read an article on this guy and the Norwegian justice system back when he was sentenced. Europeans of today have convinced me that the Native Americans were right about them all along.

#15 ·
Part of Kirtland AFB use to back up to a big landfill where the city of Albuquerque dumped its trash. About once a month they would come around and pick volunteers to pick up the trash that had blown over the fence. One day I asked the First Sergeant why they couldn't use the prisoners on the base to do that instead of active duty military. He researched it and got back to me. Apparently it was "cruel and unusual punishment" to subject criminals to that kind of abuse, so they had to use enlisted guys.

It says something about a society when it treats its criminals better than it treats its military.

#16 ·
From the article said:
... being locked up alone in a three-room suite with a treadmill, video games and his own kitchen violates his civil rights
IMO, solitary confinement is breaching a basic liberty, while incarcerated. But that's a debatable point.

What isn't debatable, I'd say, is that having such amenities on the public's nickel constitutes an abuse of "civil liberties" in the least. I think Arpaio has the right of it. If not going to be hanged, the little SOB should be pleased to have a daily work detail and clean cot to sleep on after having to grub for his vegetables at the end of a day's work.

Poor widdle sufferin' murder, isn't he? Gee, we should all feel bad about what he's being denied. Not that he gave two shakes over all the folks whose very lives he took from them. Suck it up, Spanky. You're lucky you don't get kicked to Hell and back on a daily basis while bending over your potato patch.

#18 ·
It's unlikely he'll ever be released. "Max sentence" doesn't mean the same thing over there that it means here, different constitutions.

And Norway has a 20% recidivism rate. I can see why they'd not want to break a functional system at the whim of one man's efforts to ruin the world.

#20 ·
Naw, if they spend less in total due to their lower crime rates and lower recidivism rates, then you can't make the taxpayer's dime argument. Once you go fiscal, you have to be fiscal. Count the total cost to the taxpayers dime to get a more retributive system, then take their money to decrease their safety.

If you want more blood, you get more blood. You want a dead Brevik, you get a higher repeat offender rate. I can't blame Norway for running their numbers like they do. Their judges have fewer victims to apologize to for dropping the ball on an improper release

#21 ·
Give me a break. He kill all them people and gets treated like a king. I guess life is real CHEAP to you. If he is dead he won't be a REPEAT OFFENDER! I have seen enough death in my life, but that man should be put down or any one like him. :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.