Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1 more time; Brussels - a visit from the religion of peace and tolerance

11K views 202 replies 69 participants last post by  bmcgilvray 
#1 ·
#17 ·
Not so! At least two of the vested attackers in Paris were completely stymied by being confronted. Their adrenaline or level of druggedness was so high, they could barely process anything that was off-plan.

And the other group was shooting until they were confronted. Resistance makes a ginormous difference

#8 ·
Our hearts go out to the families and victims of this atrocity. Takes a special kind of coward to believe any higher power would condone this type of action or believe it would further any type of advancement of cause except for pure terrorism, PC be damned.

Reactions: SpringerXD
#9 ·
Carry anyway, even if they may blow themselves up taking you with them due to proximity. Learn to get good solid hits in vital areas under stress and pressure.

Do not just think of yourself. If they are shooting and wearing a bomb vest, if you can take them down, they may or may not have a dead man switch and detonate a device, but if you don't take the opportunity to drop them where they stand when you have a shot, you are de facto allowing them to continue the carnage on innocents with their firearms or grenades.

Do your best to get cover and take the shot. Take the danger to yourself. We carry for self protection AND protection of society. You MAY die also. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. But if your sacrifice saves others, well, it is a better way to exit this life (in my opinion) than cowering and watching others, including women and children, shot by insane religious zealots while you cower in fear of something we cannot escape in the end anyway, which is our own mortality. If you have the courage and ability to carry, you ARE the first line of defense for yourself, your family, and your fellow civilians.

#10 ·
Convert, submit or die. A political system with roots from the same tree as the Nazis and Tojo militarism and with the same respect for freedoms and cultures. Eventually we will have to kill them with the same zeal that we did in Germany and Japan. The only question is how many innocents die before we do that.

#18 ·
Convert, submit or die. A political system with roots from the same tree as the Nazis and Tojo militarism and with the same respect for freedoms and cultures. Eventually we will have to kill them with the same zeal that we did in Germany and Japan. The only question is how many innocents die before we do that.
Could you explain that in an historical context?

Watching on Euronews right now. Photos from other websites show quite a bit of damage at the airport, but doesn't look structural.

#15 ·
Ok another 3 weeks of being referred to as a xenophobe, racist, Islamophobic, hater, gun nut......if you say anything but "gun violence" Face it folks.....the multicultural liberal experiment doesn't work when you let a bunch of crazy radical jihadi freaks into your Country just so you can wear your "tolerance" t-shirt on the weekends.

#20 ·
Indeed. The 'rinse and repeat' from the last terrorist attack has completed. Just as the powers that be were slowly fading out of the last conversation(s) from the last attack, we've arrived at another new and fresh tragedy, which will no doubt initiate another cycle of grandstanding, chest puffing/pounding, and arguments that will do absolutely nothing about the matter at hand. Then when they start to fall off and fade to black the next tragedy will happen and start the whole thing over again. It'll be even worse now though, since it's A.) an election year and B.) Obama is a lame(er) duck and will do even less than the nothing he's done in response to previous attacks.

These 'leaders' need to stop bickering and DO something. Talk is cheap, and the terrorists are proving it more and more with every attack. For Pete's sake, they're unorganized, stupid, and waging war with 60 year old surplus equipment, spare parts, and whatever they can cook up out of the junk yard, yet no one seems to be able to stop them. The EU and UN combined security forces are like a departmentalized version of the gang who can't shoot straight.

Reactions: BkCo1
#23 ·
careful there fella.....you're going to set off a xenophobic Islamophobic racist gun-nut hater alert with that kind of silly reference.

#25 ·
Its doubtful that the current regime in DC will do anything other than wring their hands and extoll the virtues of tolerance and understanding of these terrorists! Makes one wonder, how these terrorist acts would have been dealt with during the Reagan years? Hmmmm..... Perhaps we can learn from the past:rolleyes:

Reactions: Aceoky
#29 ·
Thank you.

However, early on in Germany under Hitler undesirables and other non-Germanics were given the option, and encouraged to leave Germany if they didn't like what was happening. They were warned and many chose to stay anyway. They thought the Government was bluffing.

Could it be that this might be what is needed again to root out these people and rid them from Europe? Or shall they continue to put up with Islamic terrorism that brings death and destruction on a seemingly weekly or monthly basis killing innocent citizens?

You can't fight a Guerrilla war against terrorism in an urban area. They kill tens of people, the Belgians capture one. They then kill 43 more people, and they'll find another one or two responsible while their cells multiply and keep terrorizing.

#57 ·
It will not happen now.

Remember Serbia? That is exactly what Serbia told the Muslims, that they must stop their terrorists acts or die. They were blowing up Serbian Police stations and committing all sorts of terrorist acts.

What happened with that? Clinton bombed Serbia instead of supporting them.

If we had allowed Serbia to nip the problem in the bud so to speak, perhaps what we are seeing now in Europe would not have taken such a hold.

#30 ·
I don't know that the way to fight this is to keep a lot of resources tied up chasing those we deem "terrorists". Of course we need to attempt to prevent attacks, but I think we'd be much more impactful of we start "leaning" on those we feel are less dangerous. At some point, we need to hold the leaders of Islam accountable. They need to feel the pain, and either flush out the cowards or be ostracized.

I'd start with our "allies" in the ME. I'd start with Imams and mosques here in the US. It's sanction time.

#31 ·
It's a stalemate, always was and will continue to be as the "rules of war" (oxymoron if I've ever heard one) continue to dictate the pace of battle.

Very few options exist to fighting this type of terrorism without resorting to some greater form of terrorism in response. It's hard to go after them "for their atrocities, genocide, blood of the innocent, totally backwards way of thinking because it's destroying the world and all civilization around it" when they're after us for the same reasons. We're in a rabbit season/duck season whizzing match, the wind is blowing back in both directions, and everyone except the whizzers are getting hit by the back spray.

#35 ·
You're drawing a false moral equivalency. They're not "after us" for anything we've done; they attack because their ideology tells them to. The west has no significant impulse towards engaging them, except that we have to, in self-defense.

#36 ·
#37 ·
The current resident of the White House seems to be afraid to aggressively pursue the bad guys because "innocent civilians" may be hurt. In my opinion there are no "innocent" civilians. They either are fighting against the bad guys with us, or are harboring them. If they truly were "innocent" and wanted to have peace, they would root out the bad guys and tell us where they are so that we can deal with them. I won't believe that the populace doesn't know where the bad guys are holed up. They are complicit by their silence.

#38 ·
Folks must realize that oil money, Saudi Aribia is funding the purchase of lands and building of Mosques throughout our country...our community has been in a legal battle for years with this and now other towns here in NJ are being falsely sued in our courts to allow their construction.....and always on a site that is secluded or off the beaten path to avoid being seen......much like in Islamburg, NY.

#40 ·
Predators just can't resist a baby bunny,...especially when it starts screaming. There is no larger or softer target for their malevolent ideology, and they are either already there or close by. It's very easy to subjugate a people who believe in nothing, and hold their own culture in contempt. It literally invites it. It doesn't matter if they're called Visigoths, Vandals, or Saracens, their invitation is cultural weakness and moral uncertainty. It's like ringing a dinner bell, and the outcome is always the same.

What's old is new and it's going to get so much worse you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but it's all happened many, many times before, and technological superiority has always proven worthless when weighted against culture. So it will be this time. The "New World" bears a striking resemblance to that of antiquity.

#41 ·
I think everybody is jumping to conclusions on this.

I just don't understand why it is always assumed that these disgusting, heinous, cowardly acts of violence are perpetrated by followers of the peaceful, loving, tolerant religion of Islam? Just because they are yelling "allah Akbar!!" before they pull the det cord doesn't prove anything!!:confused:

It could have been Christian terrorists; or Hindu terrorists; or Buddhist terrorists.:blink:

#42 ·
Try not to jump to any conclusions. I agree with the above post. :yup:

Could just be possibly some disgruntled employees who got mad about having to work overtime or their lunch room has not been remodeled or something like that.

We can't assume that it was terror related. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.