Brady's are already misleading the public......(merge) - Page 2

Brady's are already misleading the public......(merge)

This is a discussion on Brady's are already misleading the public......(merge) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just saw that O'Reilly program and it was very well done. My life changed for the better years ago when I swore I'd never ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just saw that O'Reilly program and it was very well done. My life changed for the better years ago when I swore I'd never watch another minute of CNN and get my news and commentary from Fox. And yes, I kept my word about avoiding CNN...not one minute!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

VIP Member
    Sorry, but O'Reilly in his Talking Points called for "sensible" gun control in VA since the laws are too lenient. He said there was no reason why someone should be able to get the weapon the shooter obtained.

That's not cool.

Nuge said that the "gun free zones" again claimed more victims and why doesn't anyone see this.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Does the brady bunch send stuff snail mail? What if we all donated like $.10, would this get us on their mailing list, where they would spend a couple bucks a year on postage for each of us? We could just throw out their crap, and smile that they just wasted money.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I Understand The Need For CCW...

many people ( ) don't...

It's funny that all the Brady Bunch or the other far left individuals only talk of gun laws...do they ever talk of punishing the criminals?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    I just saw that O'Reilly program and it was very well done. My life changed for the better years ago when I swore I'd never watch another minute of CNN and get my news and commentary from Fox. And yes, I kept my word about avoiding CNN...not one minute!
    Yeah it pissed me off too, but O'Reilly isn't as conservative as he pretends to be. I sent him this email. Don't know if He'll read it or not.

The founders of this country gave us all the sensible gun laws we need. I find it hard to believe that you can call for "sensible gun laws" and in the same breath proclaim support for the second amendment. There is nothing in it that allows the government to regulate weapons at all. In fact it is fallacy to think that the government has any right to regulate weapons which one day may be used against it. Which is the real purpose of it being there in the first place.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Keeping guns out of the hands of bad people will work as well as keeping drugs off the streets and keeping our borders secure. When all is said and done, much will be said, and nothing done.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

The Brady position, given how well the 'gun free zones' are working out, seems to be analagous to the following:

If your hiting it with a hammer and that's not working, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder.

If the policy is failing, we need to expand it?
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Assistant Administrator
    On the Glenn Beck - after Nuge talked his total sense, the Brady guy (forget his name) spluttered on about much of the usual crap and then referred to mag capacities - and mentioned how a 33 rounder could be bought for the Glock.

He obviously has little concept of speed reloading where a reasonably competent shooter can slam in another 10 rounder and continue if so inclined. More ''clip'' hype. Bet he is not aware of how some folks can recharge a revo with a speedloader fast either.

It is NOT down to the gun and capacity - it is down to a sick person who went postal ..... one non American ... one out of 300 million in this great country. He failed to mention the figures with lawful gun ownership where 99.99999% of owners are fine upstanding safe citizens.

He stuttered somewhat when presented with the matter of the armed citizen, as being a possibly preventative or at least limiting factor in incidents such as VT.

Bottom line - he had NOTHING useful to suggest other than more laws But what do we expect.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Hee hee... I'm on that list, too. Here's the message I sent:

Title: I demand Americans be allowed to defend themselves!
    School campuses and other places where firearms are banned are in reality "Defenseless Victim Zones" where criminals, who by definition disregard the law, are able to find unarmed defenseless victims.

This is a travesty, a perversion of the Constitution and the American way of life.

Criminals will always have access to firearms, as witnessed by the failure of draconian gun laws in the UK, Canada and Australia. The Supreme Court has ruled that law enforcement officers have no duty to protect the public. The best they can do most of the time is catch the criminal after the fact.

ONE student or factulty member on the VT campus with the ability to defend themselves might have made a difference. Instead we had literally dozens of unarmed victims helpless before their killer.

Do something to allow us to protect ourselves.

EDIT: Hee hee hee... got an email from the Brady Bunch thanking me...
    Last edited by tanksoldier; April 18th, 2007 at 02:37 AM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's funny that all the Brady Bunch or the other far left individuals only talk of gun laws...do they ever talk of punishing the criminals?
    Not that I've ever seen...except for those of us who are criminals in their eyes for legal ownership of firearms.

I just don't understand those thick skulled morons. Ohh look, the 22,000 gun laws failed again...lets keep trying.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links