Brady's are already misleading the public......(merge)

This is a discussion on Brady's are already misleading the public......(merge) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is an email I just received: Dear Chris, Yesterday, we witnessed America's worst mass shooting on the campus of Virginia Tech. Thirty-three students and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brady's are already misleading the public......(merge)

VIP Member

Brady's are already misleading the public......(merge)

Here is an email I just received:

Dear Chris,

Yesterday, we witnessed America's worst mass shooting on the campus of Virginia Tech. Thirty-three students and faculty were killed, including the gunman. At least fifteen more were wounded.

How many deaths and injuries must we endure before our nation's elected officials act to end gun violence? We must ask our leaders: "What are you going to do about it?" What are you going to do to make our schools, workplaces, and communities safe from gun violence?

President George W. Bush said yesterday that schools should be a place of "safety and sanctuary for every student," but he and other national leaders do nothing to ensure that safety. They provide condolences, and then do nothing to stop future tragedies.

Eight years ago this week, we watched in horror as students at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado fled a mass shooting. Twelve students and one teacher were killed. Just seven months ago, five girls were gunned down in a school in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

These arenít isolated incidents. February 12, 2007, Salt Lake City: A teen opens fire in a mall killing five and wounding four. On the same day in Philadelphia: Three men fatally shot and a fourth wounded at a board meeting. January 11, 2007, Indianapolis: A man shoots four fellow employees. The list goes on and on.

There are common threads in all of these tragedies ó it is much too easy for the wrong people to get high-powered, deadly weapons and our leaders fail to do anything about the problem.

It is urgent that you email or call your elected officials today.
    They must hear that you want action to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

Please make as many of these phone calls as you can:

President George W. Bush 202-456-1414
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi 202-225-0100
    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid 202-224-5556

The message for all three calls is simple:

It is much too easy for the wrong people to get deadly weapons in this country. It is time for you to take steps to end gun violence to prevent tragedies like the one at Virginia Tech.
    If you can't make the calls, you can click here to send an email, which will go to the President, the Speaker, the Majority Leader, as well as your U.S. Senators and Representative. One click will email all six of them.

The Brady Campaign is working nonstop to get the message out that there are solutions to gun violence. We can ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips that make it so easy to kill quickly . . . we can require Brady background checks for all gun sales, including at gun shows . . . we can stop large-volume gun sales that supply illegal gun traffickers. These are just some of the steps we can take to make it harder for the wrong people to get guns.

We are building a crescendo of public outcry to ensure that action is taken. We are aggressively rallying support among allies for our solutions. And we need your continued support to make it happen. Please make a contribution now to keep the momentum going. When you do, a generous donor will match your gift.

Gun violence is a solvable problem. We know it wonít be easy. But we can make it harder for the wrong people to get their hands on guns through strong gun laws.

It is time for our nationís leaders have courage to say "no" to the gun lobby's mantra of any gun, anywhere, at anytime for anyone, while wrapping it in distortions about "freedom" and "liberty."

Americans have the right to live free from the constant fear of gun violence. Please take a moment to forward this email to friends and families.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
    Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com
    "there are solutions to gun violence. We can ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips that make it so easy to kill quickly . . . we can require Brady background checks for all gun sales, including at gun shows . . . we can stop large-volume gun sales that supply illegal gun traffickers"

What military assault weapon? NONE was used in this incident
    Was there high-capacity ammunition clips? We don't know that.
    Was the Brady background check performed? YES, TWICE in this incident. Check in Va. is a computerized check.

Brady's answer is more of the same....limit the rights of the law abiding.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

You too...I came here to post the same thing

Administrator
    Oh, I'll call those numbers they provided me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Yeah, they would say that. Still offering no real solutions to the problem. As was stated before...when there is a shooting, they take the guns away from the people that didn't do it.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Mass Brady E-Mails

The Brady Campaign is now sending out mass e-mailings that allow the recipients to "click and send" a very "Brady" style "Anti" e-mail to Pelosi, Reid, Bush, your two Senators and your Representative.

The e-mail (including the subject line) is subject to editing by the sender, as the sender believes appropriate. In fact, the Brady Campaign strongly encourages "personalization" of the e-mail.

They gave me the courtesy of sending my highly modified and edited e-mail, given appropriate sensitivities due the tragedy, to the appropriate individuals. That was very thoughtful of the group IMHO.

Assistant Administrator
    The guy standing in for Glenn beck today was on the ball with his opening comments. He reminded us that this was one person and not all of America .... he was not an American ...... and effectively reminded people that no amount of extra gun control would make any difference etc.

As for that email - Brady et al - operating once more the emotional gut and little or no applied sense and logic
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Stop the NRA

I somehow got on the stopthenra.com mailing list.
    They sent me a form letter to send to a few leaders in congress and the Whitehouse.
    The letter demanded stronger gun laws in response to the tragedy at Virginia Tech
    I changed it around,

I am outraged by this week's tragedy at Virginia Tech.

I firmly believe if the teachers and students were allowed to carry guns there, the tragedy could have been stopped a lot sooner.

Further gun laws will not stop these senseless killings. It already is against the law to kill a human being and that did not stop this person.

It is against the law to carry a gun on this campus. That did not stop him.

Drugs have been outlawed in this country as long as I remember. Yet you can go to any corner in any city and buy these illeagal drugs

We DO NOT need more gun laws, we need judges who put people in jail for a long time who commit any crime.here it is

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Oh I like that.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

+1

Biker

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I got it also and I used there form to send the following:

I am outraged by this week's tragedy at Virginia Tech!

If just one good citizens at Virginia Tech would have broken the school rule and carried a conceal handgun he or she could have stopped some if not all of these senseless deaths.

We know the police can not be everywhere and every person over the age of 18 should be allowed to carry a concealed handgun everywhere they go, not only for their safety but those around them.

It is time for you to take steps to uphold the 2nd Amendment to prevent tragedies like the one at Virginia Tech.

I support the 2nd Amendment and urge you to also.

What are you going to do to stop violence like this terrible incident in America?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

I think something we may need to start doing is using some of their tactics against them. The majority of the population don't bother to research issues such as these, and in turn, are more ready to believe what is told to them. That is how the Brady Campaign functions. Sad that they are going like this, but for those who do not fully understand the issue, they see them as the 'good guys' since they rarely receive stuff (or atleast I rarely receive such) from pro-gun organizations. Any input?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    The guy standing in for Glenn beck today was on the ball with his opening comments. He reminded us that this was one person and not all of America .... he was not an American ...... and effectively reminded people that no amount of extra gun control would make any difference etc.

As for that email - Brady et al - operating once more the emotional gut and little or no applied sense and logic
    ...he was good....the Nuge spoke very eloquently on "our" behalf yet again.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

So what did Uncle Ted have to say?
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

found this elsewhere...
    How to prevent next massacre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: April 17, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

Like most Americans yesterday, I had the TV on from the moment the Virginia Tech slaughter broke.

After the death toll was established at 33, the focus of reporting and analysis shifted to the how and the why of this national tragedy.

I heard the following questions and statements raised:

How can we prevent this from taking place on another campus?

Why is it that these massacres seem to be happening more frequently at schools and colleges?

There is little more we can do in an open society and open campus to prevent this kind of violence.

Nothing can stop a determined, lone gunmen from wreaking this kind of mayhem.

We need to get serious about strengthening our gun laws in this country.
    That, I'm afraid to say, is what passes for free and open debate in our free and open society on our free and open airwaves.

(Column continues below)

Either no one dared say what I am about to say or no one who believes what I am about to say was invited to participate in the free-for-all on 24-hour tragedy TV.

There is a way to stop this.

There is a way to prevent this.

We've followed this simple recipe in the past with good success.

All it takes is common sense and the guts to implement tried-and-true policies.

Here it is: It's time to abandon the totally failed plans of turning our schools and campuses into "gun-free zones," which, when they are invaded like Virginia Tech was invaded yesterday, become shooting galleries with live, captive, helpless, human targets.

Here is a simple fact to consider.

All of the school shooting sprees that ended quickly, without massive losses of life, have done so because one responsible person had a gun and used it.

Is there any doubt in your mind that one student or one faculty member with a gun could have ended this carnage yesterday with a greatly reduced death toll?

In fact, simply the knowledge that any student or any faculty member could be armed might have prevented this unknown assailant from hatching his deadly scheme of mass murder on campus.

As my friend Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, points out, "Isn't it interesting that Utah and Oregon are the only two states that allow faculty to carry guns on campus. And isn't it interesting that you haven't read about any school or university shootings in Utah or Oregon? Why not? Because criminals don't like having their victims shoot back at them."

As WND pointed out hours after the shooting yesterday, just last year the Virginia legislature killed a bill to enable those with concealed-carry permits to keep their guns with them at schools. Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hinker said then: "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

I hope those words are haunting Hinker today. I pray there are members of the Virginia legislature who recognize today how unwise that vote was. I trust that other legislators around the country finally learn this hard lesson.

We must stop our houses of learning from becoming slaughterhouses.

There are only two ways we can go:

One is to hire many more policemen, have them work around the clock, install metal detectors and institute frisking policies as some public school districts have done. That's the wrong way.

The other way is to permit faculty members and students who have carry permits to carry their weapons just as they do in other venues – venues, I might add, that seem considerably safer than the sanity-free zones we have created on campus.

From http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...ID=55239<br />
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Bill O'Riley just has a guest on a few minutes ago (his show will repeat in three hours) that made a very interesting point.

I cant quote exactly but the jist was "There were 30 people (students and professors) who had pistols in their cars and legal permits to carry, but due to the university's policy of no guns on campus they were unable to defend themselves."

The only channel that has been willing to stand up and state the truth AGAIN is Fox News.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links