A negligent discharge by the Secret Service - Page 2

A negligent discharge by the Secret Service

This is a discussion on A negligent discharge by the Secret Service within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Captain Crunch Anyone remember the incident several years ago when a PPD Agent had a ND of an Uzi on board Air ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A negligent discharge by the Secret Service

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Anyone remember the incident several years ago when a PPD Agent had a ND of an Uzi on board Air Force One?

The aircraft was on the ground at the time. I think it happened in London, but I'm not sure.
    Yes, I remember it, and it was not AF 1! It was the aircraft carrying the SecState (Kissinger) during the Mid-East "shuttle runs". The Uzi fell out of an overhead and discharged if I remember right. (AT that time the SS was providing Kissinger's security. They no longer do that.)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    I guess I was wrong about that one to. I must have misunderstood the Secret Service Agent we had on campus, of course that was about 10 yrs ago.
    It gets complicated, so don't feel too bad. And, like most government agency policies and procedures, it changes about 7 times daily. LOL! All Secret Service Special Agents will work some aspect of protection at some point in their careers, but it can come in many different forms and assignments.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

VIP Member
    The USSS is made up of human beings, just like any other group. There have been plenty of firearms related mistakes by their SAs as well...

About 5 years ago, a rash of USSS agent boo-boos with firearms was a cover story on Newsweek or US News and World Report or some similar magazine...

You can only really train people who WANT to learn. There are always some, even in "elite" units, who will meet the minimum standards because they have to, but will never take the lessons/training to heart. Then, they will screw up, because they didn't internalize the lessons, they just accepted them as necessary evils and then purged as much as they could as soon as they could. Sad, but true... though I'm not saying that was the case in this instance...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links