Dragon Skin Truth or Media convenience ? - Page 2

Dragon Skin Truth or Media convenience ?

This is a discussion on Dragon Skin Truth or Media convenience ? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I talked to our Sheriff's rangemaster today, after he tested the DragonSkin yesterday. He is also a member of this forum, and said he would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon Skin Truth or Media convenience ?

I talked to our Sheriff's rangemaster today, after he tested the DragonSkin yesterday. He is also a member of this forum, and said he would try to come on tonight and post a report. It was actually covered in the Fresno Bee today. The armor was not penetrated at 10 yards by .308 AP, AK AP rounds and .223 greentips. I mentioned the additional weight, and he said it is actually pretty close to the same, but an extra-large Dragon Skin was compared to a medium sized vest of the other armor. Of course, Dragon Skin is a Fresno product, so there is some pride involved, and I know nothing about armor, but the tests were considered to be VERY impessive.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    I talked to our Sheriff's rangemaster today, after he tested the DragonSkin yesterday. He is also a member of this forum, and said he would try to come on tonight and post a report. It was actually covered in the Fresno Bee today. The armor was not penetrated at 10 yards by .308 AP, AK AP rounds and .223 greentips. I mentioned the additional weight, and he said it is actually pretty close to the same, but an extra-large Dragon Skin was compared to a medium sized vest of the other armor. Of course, Dragon Skin is a Fresno product, so there is some pride involved, and I know nothing about armor, but the tests were considered to be VERY impessive.
    Do you mean FMJ's or actual designated AP's? Eitherway if it stops .308 it can't be that bad...Was that with plates or just the vest by itself?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO and from what i have seen only , it seems to be as adaquate as what we have today in other forms , not superior ( with a slight nod to it that it should be a bit tho not a lot more flexable ) . Unless and untill they can halve the weight, or double the circulation with the same weight , with the same ballistic protection , i for one dont see a need to change anything .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

The article says AP rounds were fired from an M-14, M-16, and AK 47.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Do you mean FMJ's or actual designated AP's? Eitherway if it stops .308 it can't be that bad...Was that with plates or just the vest by itself?
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Update on body armor

Here is an update from the MSNBC website: www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19078640/

The House armed services committee website can be found at http://armedservices.house.gov/

I am amazed at the amount of angry rhetoric and emotion concerning this and repeat what I said in an earlier post, "truth never fears a challenge." The equipment that our troops depend upon for their safety and the successsful completion of their mission cannot be vetted too thoroughly.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton

"Pinnacle has competed for Army contracts on body armor but lost out five times because its product did not meet specifications."

Watched the Army Project Manager for body armor on TV. Would rather believe him than a bunch of political hype.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links