VERY new weapons for the military - Page 2

VERY new weapons for the military

This is a discussion on VERY new weapons for the military within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; another option for the PDW is the H&K MP7. http://www.hk-usa.com/le_mp7a1_general.html it also uses a new calibre the 4.6x30 but is more like a pistol than ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VERY new weapons for the military

another option for the PDW is the H&K MP7.
    http://www.hk-usa.com/le_mp7a1_general.html

it also uses a new calibre the 4.6x30 but is more like a pistol than the P90. the only problem is that there is no real world experience with this weapon system. the P90 has been in service with LEO/MIL for quite a while and it does what it is made to do.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    NO TV???!! How do you watch "The View?"
    Somebody call the paramedics 'cause he is gonna get hurt....and bad!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Whatever they do, I just hope they adopt something left-hand friendly. Putting that little adapter on the M-16 which keeps the casing from flying back into your right eye isn't much help.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Well there was a "telescoped" revolver round used by the Russians almost 80-100 years ago, can't remember which.

I won't hold your breath on a new pistol.

My understanding is that the HK416 upper could drop onto the current rifle lower, this means a major savings to upgrade.

The history of miltary procurment has generally been dictated by how much surplus ammo they have in stock, so I don't see a move away from 5.56, even though there are better rounds out there.

Then of course there is your congress and it's porking..........

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    From what I've seen, the LWRC and HK uppers (gas piston operation) are nice improvements, but the only major effects are less needed maintenance (maybe, haven't seen a definitive report) and less felt recoil (according to the LWRC website). They don't offer a true upgrade from the current weapons. That is, of course, not to say that what they do fix isn't worthwhile.

I would definitely like to get my hands on one of the LWRC uppers, and it appears that they may start selling civilian-versions through their online store, assuming it ever comes fully online.

As to the pistol, I don't have enough knowledge/experience to offer any suggestions. Though a nice disintegration ray gun, a la 1950's era sci-fi, would be nice.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Lead Moderator
    I am suprised they have not gone over to a larger caliber round for the current M16/M4. maybe 6.8 or similar. Caseless ammo is an interesting concept.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Soon when murderous fanatics with AKs and RPGs are trying to kill you, you will be able to shoot back with an environmentally 'green' bullet. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Here's an idea, lets call it the ANTIPC. It will be a weapon that is actually capable of KILLING the enemy, whether the voters agree or not. We can even come up with the ANTIPC ROE...kill them, they are trying to kill you. Maybe then the bleeding heart liberal media can stop racking up the numbers and shock factor with OUR guys!!!!!!1
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    NO NO NO NO NO Your all wrong........because that makes to much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874 View Post
    Here's an idea, lets call it the ANTIPC. It will be a weapon that is actually capable of KILLING the enemy, whether the voters agree or not. We can even come up with the ANTIPC ROE...kill them, they are trying to kill you. Maybe then the bleeding heart liberal media can stop racking up the numbers and shock factor with OUR guys!!!!!!1
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links