"Sweet boy" attempts to kill KC cop...

This is a discussion on "Sweet boy" attempts to kill KC cop... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; June 5th, 3 AM. Cop attempts to stop a speeding stolen black Camaro in Kansas City. Camaro suddenly stops... as the cop steps out of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar

June 5th, 3 AM. Cop attempts to stop a speeding stolen black Camaro in Kansas City. Camaro suddenly stops... as the cop steps out of his vehicle, the door flies open and the perp jumps out and immediately begins opening fire with a "machine-style" handgun with a capacity of 30 rounds. He walks towards the cop, firing repeatedly, and the cop returns fire after being struck in the leg. BG runs off and before backup police arrive, the perp's MOTHER was on the scene, where she informed them that the BG was just her "sweet, 14 year old boy."

K9 units responded to the scene where they found the boy and "bit him on the groin" at which point the perp surrendured.

It turns out the sweet, 14 year old boy was an unsweet 18 year old man who had already been indicted by a federal grand jury for 2 previous violent carjackings, and who is now guilty of a 3rd carjacking AND attempted murder of a police officer.

I tried to find the story online, and couldn't, but if anyone finds a link, feel free to post it.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Too funny "sweet 14 year old boy". What else are moms for

VIP Member
    I always find stories like this amusing. I have an older cousin who appears to be quite charming, but who's more than happy to screw you over in a heartbeat. He didn't fool his his dad, but to his mom, he's still her sweet, innocent boy. And his mom got upset at my dad for not bailing her sweet boy out of jail.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Moderator
    Its a mother thing. They want to beleive the best about their kids...and sometimes the facts arent enough to convince them it aint so.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lead Moderator
    Just look at the papers, they're always sweet and "A" students.

Can you imagine what the country would be like if the "bad" kids ever got loose??
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Officer wounded during high-speed chase, suspect arrested

As reported via KWCH (KS):

Officer wounded during high-speed chase, suspect arrested

Associated Press - June 5, 2007 1:24 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - A Kansas City police officer is recovering after being shot early today while trying to pull over a speeding driver.

Police say the officer tried to pull over a black Camaro that was taken in a carjacking in Kansas City, Kansas, but the vehicle sped off. After a short chase, the car suddenly stopped and the driver began firing at the officer, who returned fire but was hit in the leg.

Minutes later canine units found the suspect hiding a garage and he was arrested. Police spokesman Darin Snapp said the 18-year-old man was bitten in the groin when the dog found him and was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Two other officers also suffered minor injuries in the arrest.

Snapp said charges are expected to be filed later today, and the suspect is likely to be charged by Kansas City, Kansas, police as well as federal authorities for alleged gang activity.

Snapp said the Camaro was carjacked two days ago in Kansas City, Kan., and that the suspect is wanted for at least two other carjackings in the area.

The story can be found at; http://www.kbsd6.com/Global/story.asp?S=6614532

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Well, at least his mother still loves him (so far).
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Gotta watch out for those "sweet" young boys. When an 80 year old woman wouldn't let go of her purse here in Mobile Alabama a few days ago a "sweet" young man\boy (whatever) smacked her a few times till he got the purse.
    Oh how I would have loved to have walked around the corner on that when it was happening....
    For God, Family and Country!

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    He sounds like an upstanding citizen.

The only problem the authorities are having is deciding which of them gets to b@#$slap him first....

I think momma's gonna have to spend the next 25 to life visiting him at leavenworth.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

That young man was about to turn his life around and become a productive member of society. He planned on becoming an airline pilot, as soon as he murdered the policeman.

JD
    Administrator
    He's 18? He's going be something sweet all right, IN JAIL...

Bubba:
    "Boy, you sure got a pretty mouth."

They should put the mother in with him, then she can defend her sweet boy, from the big bad felons. That sounds like obstruction of justice to me.

this story sounds like another one I heard last week. This one has a much different ending though. There is this guy from another forum who is a total Good Samaritan. helps others out in financial crisis. Lets people live with him on his ranch. Stuff like this.

the other day he relates a day that he had.

All in a days work for Super Steve.

It all starts with having a septic tank, and builds to the climax.

I went to the store to buy some ridX , do it once a year to keep the septic lines clear, besides, I have many people visit over the summer, having a toilet back up would not be a plus in return company.

So I buy the stuff, and Had noticed a group just next door to Juds (the local store), They where building a Library, and some shelves had collapsed on this old guy. So Besides three bucks given to the cause, I had to pull out this guy. Turns out, he was a WW2 Marine. Instant friend.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself, thinking I was able to do something that was bigger then me, and start Driving home.

I see a young kid in a sportscar, and he turns off the road, Stupid me, thinking he was having car trouble, I pull over to help.

I ask him, You ok man, I can give you a jump, and that's when a snub .38 comes out of his window, and a round goes over my car. self preservation jumps in, and I don't even remember jumping over the hood of my car, let alone opening the door, But when another passerby called the police, Well they showed up in time to see me beating this young punk half to death. Turns out, he had just robbed the local gas station (Bev's) and they where not able to scramble fast enough. His car was stolen, and he was trying to steal mine for a fast get away.

After signing papers, etc. and being warned by my friends, (Steve you don't rush someone armed with a gun yeah right, Like I'll ever f*cking listen) I start back home, where I happen to see two old timers looking at my property. I pull over again. Turns out, they are the guys who just bought my property, and better people, you could have n met.

Anyway, once again, I hate going to town, People need to leave me the hell alone.
    And yes. he realizes that charging a guy with a gun empty handed wasn't the smartest thing to do. His next post.

Your looking at the one guy, who all his life, can fall into a pile of sh*t and come out smelling like a rose.

Man God has blessed me more then once, as I should have been killed today, doing what I did.

They need to give that dog a treat. The LEO is very lucky to be alive.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Someone please tell me what a "machine-style" handgun is. Aren't all firearms machines? The only other other type I've heard of was in the that old song.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links