Impersonators In Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Impersonators In Home Invasion within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Police Hunt Armed Impersonators In Home Invasion WRC-TV 12:56 p.m. EDT June 9, 2007 ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Two gunman who identified themselves as police officers ...

Police Hunt Armed Impersonators In Home Invasion
    WRC-TV
    12:56 p.m. EDT June 9, 2007
    ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Two gunman who identified themselves as police officers forced their way into a Fairfax County apartment late Friday, tying up the victims and demanding their identification, police said. Police said home invasion occurred at an apartment in the 5900 block of Founders Hill Drive in the Alexandria area. The victims, a 25-year-old man and two women in their 20s, answered a knock at their door about 11:45 p.m. to find a masked man with a gun and a gold badge around his neck, police said.
    The man identified himself as a police officer and forced his way inside, detectives said. Another man then walked in and began looking through personal items as the masked gunman demanded identification and restrained the victims.
    A friend of the roommates happened to stop by with his child while the home invasion was underway. He, too, was restrained, but his child was not, police said.
    After a few minutes, the two men left the apartment, taking only the victims identifications, police said. No one was hurt.
    Police are searching for anyone with information about the case. The first robber was described as Asian, 5 feet 6 inches tall and 150 pounds. He was in his mid 20s. He wore a ski mask covering the lower half of his face, a black utility vest, black pants and a gun holster.
    The second suspect was described as 5 feet 6 inches tall and 150 pounds. He had an olive complexion and brown hair. He was wearing a beige-colored T-shirt and camouflage pants.
    Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477 or Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Badge or not, I wonder why they let a masked man into their home?

Maybe he put the gun in their face? Anyway, I know this is opening a cans of worms, but If the cops need to come in here they better do it in force (not because I'd resist LE, but so that I know it is really PD, I don't believe one or 2 guys would be serving a warrant). They stay outside until I call their station.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Living in Condition White.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    They stay outside until I call their station.
    That's the lesson, here. Unless there's a fire, or they're busting down the door, they can wait until I confirm that the local PD has in fact dispatched someone to my residence. 11:45pm? That's what the shotty is for, in case such a thing goes awry.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    that's a rough one that could have ended very badly. This is a good reason to always be armed when answering the door. If an armed man tries to force his way into my house without a warrant, badge or not, he's going to meet resistance. I may not pull my gun, depending on the circumstances, but in this case, with two masked armed men claiming to be cops, they would not be coming in.

Was it a police badge or a CCW badge?

The CCW badge would give us a bad name...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

retsupt99---you are bad!!...not wrong, though....

Police don't just force their way in. If were forcing our way in it's with SWAT and you won't know what hit you.

These "home invasions" with bad guys saying their police are just a terrible trend.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Police don't just force their way in. If were forcing our way in it's with SWAT and you won't know what hit you.

These "home invasions" with bad guys saying their police are just a terrible trend.
    That is quite valuable to know. So I don't have to second guess myself an hesitate when...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Links