Suicide bombers sent to USA. - Page 5

Suicide bombers sent to USA.

This is a discussion on Suicide bombers sent to USA. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Doc Holliday I just got chills too! Don't tell my wife though....she is a Yankee! I wonder what that makes my son? ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thumbs up Southern Blood counts....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I just got chills too! Don't tell my wife though....she is a Yankee!

I wonder what that makes my son?

I bet my Great-Great-Great Grandfather who was a Confederate Cavalryman is rolling in his grave right now that I married a girl that had family members from Indiana and Ohio that marched with Sherman........

Sorry to hi-jack the discussion. You may continue with your normally scheduled thread! Molon Labe!
    No thread jack here....let the thread meander away.

I think if you've got southern blood ANYWHERE in your ancestry, it counts if you want it to.

I was born and raised in the only Confederate State that never had its capital captured by the North (Tallahassee, of course) and my southern roots are very deep. I'm related to George Washington thru Martha Washington and to Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. Lessee, my great GREAT uncle was his first cousin. lol

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God.

Confederate Cavalrymen go a long way to setting things to right.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    The point I'm making here is that when I started making my investigations I already had an idea of who and what I was hunting. I found him and THEM. There were no other "suspects." The other muslim kids knew the wahabbist among them, but were too scared to speak.

Anybody who tries to divert from the racial and religious aspect of Jihad is acting as a distractor for a variety of reasons, most having to do with "the warm fuzzies" of being "accepting."
    Yes, but the issue today is that they know who has been involved in previous attacks. They know who we have found and arrested. They know the profile we tend to look for. The religious aspect of the profile I have no problem with. The racial part is where we can't have blinders on. There are muslims of every race in this world, and we are not the most popular country in the world. Our enemies have had almost six years now to recruit personnel that do not fit our profile. With a pool of tens of millions of people to draw from why would anyone limit their recruiting to those that fit our classic profile? Is it intelligent to believe that AQ is only going to send us people they know we are going to be looking for? Is it intelligent to assume that our enemies are not adapting to our new security measures and revising their plans? You mentioned their recruiting efforts in our country. How many non arab males convert to islam in our prison system? Are we to ignore them just because they were born in Denver, Chicago, or Los Angeles?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I bet my Great-Great-Great Grandfather who was a Confederate Cavalryman is rolling in his grave right now that I married a girl that had family members from Indiana and Ohio that marched with Sherman........

Molon Labe!

My great great grandfather rode with the 11th Virginia Cavalry.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    My great great grandfather rode with the 11th Virginia Cavalry.

My great Great Grandfather rode with Nathan Beford Forrest and fightn' Joe Wheeler in the 2nd Alabama Cavalry Regiment
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    My great great grandfathers won.

Just kidding, guys, I was raised in the south and MUCH prefer it to anywhere else in the country (and I've lived all over). Just had to throw my wet blanket on the fire...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post

Only because there were so many of ya.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

An Excellent point!

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Yes, but the issue today is that they know who has been involved in previous attacks. They know who we have found and arrested. They know the profile we tend to look for. The religious aspect of the profile I have no problem with. The racial part is where we can't have blinders on. There are muslims of every race in this world, and we are not the most popular country in the world. Our enemies have had almost six years now to recruit personnel that do not fit our profile. With a pool of tens of millions of people to draw from why would anyone limit their recruiting to those that fit our classic profile? Is it intelligent to believe that AQ is only going to send us people they know we are going to be looking for? Is it intelligent to assume that our enemies are not adapting to our new security measures and revising their plans? You mentioned their recruiting efforts in our country. How many non arab males convert to islam in our prison system? Are we to ignore them just because they were born in Denver, Chicago, or Los Angeles?
    You raise an excellent point. However I have my doubts that such home grown converts to Islam are going to be so ready to willingly sacrifice their own lives in a suicide attack. They'd have to find somebody like that kid in Oklahoma who blew himself up outside the football game. He was already suicidal. But it was personal problems not those 72 Virgins. Why did he divert at the last moment? Was security too tight or did he get cold feet at the thought of murdering so many innocents? You can bet if that was an AQ operation (I doubt it but just consider) they'd be kicking themselves and ranting: If you want it done proper you've got to get it done by a TRUE believer! That means born and bred overseas. Raised there and infiltrated here.

Sure they might get blond haired folks from the Ukraine or Chechnya but we haven't seen those....yet.

Sure they might be recruiting from the prisons or even (as I suspect) the inner city high schools (via the web). But t hose folks, while they are certainly capable of perpetrating acts of extreme violence and cold blooded murder, aren't going to be so hasty to just sacrifice themselves in a suicide attack. Look at McVeigh. I personally think there was a middle eastern connection there and I think the same thing about TWA 800. Simply put, I think that being raised in this country under our liberal educational systems tends to lend itself to turning the Jihad warrior into the Jihad sheep. That's the only thing that I can say good about that! They'll still kill, they're just not so ready to die. Look, I teach in a very tough inner city school. I see it everyday in the kids I teach. They all have a very highly honed sense of personal survival. Trust me I have some serious bad guys. They'll kill, but they don't wish to risk getting killed.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

On a side note, has anyone ever met 72 virgins?

Where did they get that number from?
    Sounds real high to me...

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    If you want it done proper you've got to get it done by a TRUE believer! That means born and bred overseas. Raised there and infiltrated here.
    All four of the July 7 London bombers were born in western countries (3 in the U.K., 1 in Jamaica).

Assistant Administrator
    Where did they get that number from?
    Sounds real high to me...
    Within the somewhat ''drifty'' nature the thread has shown here and there - that figure has puzzled me too Pete ... altho it divides by 12 so maybe something to do with the months in a year.

Could well have been originally some fella on LSD who had wonderful ''visions'' and was being excessively optimistic at the time - it then stuck
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Looks like a good place to try out a bomb of our own

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    On a side note, has anyone ever met 72 virgins?
    I am fairly certain that many who count on the 72 virgins have never really read the passage about this. The true statement is "72 perpetual virgins". This can be interpreted at least two ways. 1) They become virgins again each time they lose their virginity. 2) The guys are wrong and they never get to deflower the 72 perpetual virgins. I have always favored the second interpretation. Can you imagine the disappointment! You just got blown into little piece to kill a couple of infidels and you arrive in paradise only to discover that the 72 virgins you have been so excited about are untouchable.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    Hahaha - sounds George like they could turn out to have a ''Pre owned'' label LOL.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Talking Different SOICUMSTANCES! Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    All four of the July 7 London bombers were born in western countries (3 in the U.K., 1 in Jamaica).
    I'd argue that the UK has seen a more intense form of Wahabbism inside it's own borders for some time. It's becoming known as London-istan for a reason! The Jamaican angle figures too. There seems to be evidence that some of the main plotters for the aborted JFK plot were from the Islands. Hey, look at the Phillipines. Biggest Islamic population (density-wise) on the planet. Legend suggests that General Pershing knew how to deal with the threat in HIS day. But t hat is mere legend. But GREAT legend, nonetheless. I suspect we'd all like to apply that solution if we thought it could work.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post

Just kidding, guys, I was raised in the south and MUCH prefer it to anywhere else in the country (and I've lived all over). Just had to throw my wet blanket on the fire...
    Won? Most of my kin don't know or admit it's over yet!
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links