A fence on the Southern border?

This is a discussion on A fence on the Southern border? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On top of all that has been discussed here, I think that our government should also take the time to sit down with the Mexican ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A fence on the Southern border?

On top of all that has been discussed here, I think that our government should also take the time to sit down with the Mexican government and tell them that it is high time they they contribute to helping us stop illiegal entry, or they will have sanctions placed on them. IMO, Mexico has done nothing to prevent or discourge this practice. In fact, Vicente Fox (when he was in office) caled it "Immigrant Migration"...

There was also a bill passed to put a fence along 843 mile of our southern border to help stem the tide, but only 13 miles have been completed, as lawsuits of rights and envirnmental impacts have held up further construction.

It is amazing that we are being governed by a select few that do not understand the nation, or the people in it, to which they govern.

I say throw them all out... Start over.
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Severe penilities for businesses that hire illegals....meaning prision time for CEOs? Great. Same for landlords that rent to illegals. Fence or wall? Great. Backed up with technology and armed people. Web access? Great. I got time to watch. Armed citizens partol? Where do I sign up. We need to get the Mexican people to take back their own country instead to trying to take ours. They need a history lesson about Zapata, a man who wanted Mexicans to take back Mexico. Viva Zapata!!!! The Mexican government won't do anything to solve OUR problem. They make too much money off of it.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Ha, I'd go with the big wall program since The real issue won't ever be touched. What's the real issue you ask? Throw out ALL the government social programs. If ALL the government social programs were thrown out we wouldn't have any "illegal" immigrant problems. Hell, I'd be down there with a welcome sign saying to bring all your friends!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Politicians are afraid of the image of a wall. They fear it will be ridiculed & attacked like the Berlin Wall was.......The only difference between them is:

The Communists built the wall to keep PEOPLE IN! We want to keep them OUT!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Saudi built quite the fence between them and Yeman(?) which stopped a lot of smuggling, you never hear about that.

Anybody a fan of Carlos Mencia? He talked about this once....Lets build a fence!!...But he brought up a good point, if we kick the illegals out first, who will build the fence?? We'd have to trick them, tell them to go look at the other side to see how it looks and then lock the gate.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

VIP Member
    It should be built on the Mexican side, whether or not they like it.
    The Mexican government has abrogated its respobsibility for economic development of its country and for the welfare of its people. They have fostered the invasion. The fence should go on their side along with a 3-5 kilometer buffer zone full of mines.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Being from Southern Arizona, this issue hits very close to home. Both of our Senators have sold us out big time. McCain's views were somewhat expected. Kyl's contributions were extremely disappointing as he was a co-author of the disasterous bill.

The trouble with this issue is that it is extraordinarily easy to solve but political pandering by both parties precludes any positive steps to protect this great nation.

I have a friend who owns a ranch near Douglas and EVERY DAY they have hundreds of illegals walking across their property. Take action? Ha! There was a recent case where a rancher held an illegal, he was sued and lost his ranch to the illegal!

To top the whole thing off there are now radio advertisements supporting the amnesty bill funded by a business advocacy group. Gotta have that cheap labor...

By the way, if illegals do the jobs Americans won't, who will do them when the illegals become American citizens?

Build the fence!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    This can be done. And I am sick of hearing why it isn't being done. I want it done right now.
    Ok, I'll get started tomorrow, but I'm probably gonna need to hire some "undocumented" workers to help me.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    ........ if illegals do the jobs Americans won't, ......:
    Maybe we can hire them to enofrce the immigration laws and guard the border. That's a job that Americans obviously won't do.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    The last half of May CNN had a piece about how Mexico was complaining about gun smuggling into Mexico (granted the example they gave was auto AK-47s so I doubt that they are coming from US sources). My solution to the problem is if they don't want guns to come into Mexico they need to build a wall to keep guns from walking across the border, but I have yet to hear from Mexico's President on my suggestion.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    buffer zone full of mines.
    Land mines, land mines, land mines. After the first couple go boom, the rest will rethink the idea of trying. Do you feel lucky?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    Land mines, land mines, land mines. After the first couple go boom, the rest will rethink the idea of trying. Do you feel lucky?
    How dare you suggest such a think you natavists
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

"The last half of May CNN had a piece about how Mexico was complaining about gun smuggling into Mexico"

Sounds like a very good idea to me. Some organization needs to buy up a couple million rattletrap AK 47s with 100 rounds of ammo each and send them off to the Zapatistas in Mexico. Soon Mexico would need all those illegals now in the US to defend their beloved homeland.

A lot of good ideas in this thread.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links