You contact Senator & express pro-gun opinion, then LEOs show up. - Page 2

You contact Senator & express pro-gun opinion, then LEOs show up.

This is a discussion on You contact Senator & express pro-gun opinion, then LEOs show up. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Unless specific, overt threats have been made from certain people to this guy or others, there is no call to exhibit threatening behavior like this. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unless specific, overt threats have been made from certain people to this guy or others, there is no call to exhibit threatening behavior like this. Yes, I said threatening behavior. You're a lobbyist and buy your vote from your senator, and you get "star" treatment. You're a common schmoe and voice your opinions to your senator, and you get the ol' intimidation two-step from law enforcement? Abuse of power, indeed. The sod deserves a lickin' in the next poll, or a recall to yank his fanny perpenticular from the high pedestal he thinks he owns.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Sounds like the senator needs a visit the FBI regarding improper use of information and power.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I laugh out loud at that?

Sorry, I couldn't help the thought of the FBI lecturing someone on abuse of power.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

BAC
    I'd point such "visitors" to this sign, which I would have posted in front of my home (have to wait 'til I move out...).

-B

VIP Member
    I might contact the Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Justice Department and see if your Senator violated your civil rights. My understanding is that it is a federal felony punishable by twenty years for a government official to violate a citizen's rights under color of law. Nothing may come of it, but it may get "His Highness'" attention....

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I'd point such "visitors" to this sign, which I would have posted in front of my home (have to wait 'til I move out...).

-B
    Alright, BAC, where did you find this? I have to have one!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

BAC
    I found this as a picture from a friend, but over the course of the weekend I'm going to see what I can do to actually print one, or make a version capable of printing on a larger poster.

I hold that dear to my heart as far as near-future goals, and I promise that once I complete it I'll let it be known here and elsewhere and mail/email/etc. what's necessary to make or procure one (hell, if it involves me selling for the price of the poster I'd settle for that, but I'm pretty sure I can think of an easier or better way).

Sorry for the off-topic. :)

Edited to Add: For those who want their own personalized touch, this site contains all of the relevant text, which you can use for your own signs. I'm partial to the one in the picture that I posted, so that's what I'll try to recreate personally.

-B

I hate Illinois Nazis.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I'm in on the fax attack (847) 797-1195. Just composed a jumbo (48 font size) print:

Sen. Dan Kotowski,

STOP HARASSING GUN OWNERS THAT CALL AND FAX YOU TO EXPRESS THEIR VIEWS ON YOUR LEGISLATION!

YOUR ACTIONS VIOLATE GOOD SENSE, DECENCY, AND PROBABLY MORE THAN A FEW STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS AND LAWS.

BY THE WAY, I DON’T LIVE IN ILLINOIS, SO YOUR ISP TROOPERS CAN’T HARASS ME WITH THESE NAZI TACTICS!

Fax to: (847) 797-1195
    Last edited by paramedic70002; June 22nd, 2007 at 08:05 AM. Reason: cHANGE INFO
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Media?

Maybe a friendly phone call to your newspaper or tv station might help shed some light on this coward's behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Where is the NRA
    Probably where they usually are...sitting on their butt, having a drink with the enemy.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

New Member Array doubletappinfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Where is the NRA
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Probably where they usually are...sitting on their butt, having a drink with the enemy.
    Amen, Honestly I am really starting to be ashamed of my NRA membership. I am also developing a severe dislike for the throngs of Sheeple that are yelling "Join the NRA!". What does that membership card mean to you? What are they doing for us? Why should my little brother join? That was a hard question to answer while we walked around the Valley Forge Gun Show.
    Have they even stated their position on HR 1022? I really like a good solid bolt action hunting rifle with a detachable mag. Wait, it might be illegal soon. God knows if a terrorist wanted to mow down the masses that detachable mag would mean all the difference. But my SKS is cheaper, forged by the fires of battle, C&R eligible and stripper clips are cheaper and with practice just as fast.

For all of us who have funded them for so long on the promise of being our voice in legislation, we should feel throughly ashamed and betrayed.

Maybe it's time we take a step back and reform our ranks. I know where I stand and I believe that most people on this board and many like it would stand beside me. That leaves our leadership to contend with. If the NRA as sold out as it appears they have then maybe it's time to say our good byes and lay our support behind leadership that will carry the message of it's members faithfully. It's a testament that we as the "evil" gun owners are taking to battle with our words, numbers and will to defend patriotism. Never threatening the guns of the guns that they believe we are not responsible enough to own.

This is not coming from a Monday morning quarter back, or a cranky old man. I am in my twenties and I want to see my God given, forefather ensured rights defended. Those rights are the same ones that I charged with the duty of handing off to my children. I don't know about you but really don't have the heart to tell my children that I sat around and watched their rights being stripped away IN MY DAY.

Tom

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by doubletappinfool View Post
    Have they even stated their position on HR 1022?
    Yes. They oppose it. (duh)

my comment sent to him along with a cut and paste of the story "If you were to do this in my state you would be brought up on criminal charges, count yourself lucky"
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

This just goes to show how your rights can so easly be violated by someone in power. The senator should be investigated for misuse of power. Those who don't vote are allowing this sort of thing to go on. Those who do vote for a canidate just because he or she looks hot are no better off. Your main priority when you vote should be to protect your rights and elect canidates who have the same goal.

sad state of affairs. i'd love the fax number or email address.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links