Joe Arpaio For Chief Of "ice"

This is a discussion on Joe Arpaio For Chief Of "ice" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I like the way that man thinks. It's time ALL jails were places that people regarded as terrible place...no cable, no weightlifting, no smoking, cheap ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Arpaio For Chief Of "ice"

I like the way that man thinks. It's time ALL jails were places that people regarded as terrible place...no cable, no weightlifting, no smoking, cheap food, no A/C, lots of hard work...

Go Joe...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    I think Joe is the best cop in the world. I'd vote for him for President. He pushed for all his civilian employees to get their carry permits. I think the sheriffs office even paid for them to take the training to get them.

I wish we could clone him and install the clones as the chief of police and sheriff in the country.
    We definitely could use one of his clones here in Memphis, don't you think Sig? I'm afraid if we had one, Jesse & Al would show up within days demanding change. OTOH, I would like to see Joe standing up to Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton. That could be an interesting debate!

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_America View Post
    We definitely could use one of his clones here in Memphis, don't you think Sig? I'm afraid if we had one, Jesse & Al would show up within days demanding change. OTOH, I would like to see Joe standing up to Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton. That could be an interesting debate!
    Mr Jackson and Mr. Sharpton would end up wearing pink underwear Sheriff Joe takes no badmouthing from anyone!!
    On the fourth of july last year he played the National Anthem and God Bless America over and over , 24 hrs.... the Illegals hated it and complained about it. He told them that when they got deported back to mexico, they could listen to what they wanted. But they were in his country illegally and would listen to what HE wanted!! Ya just gotta love Sheriff Joe!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Quote Originally Posted by flagflyfish View Post
    Mr Jackson and Mr. Sharpton would end up wearing pink underwear
    Ah..HAHAHA now that is funny!

I appreciate the Sheriff's tough stance on jailbirds also. I imagine he has quite a few bodyguards for his protection from inmates who would like to do him harm. If I were running a jail I'd want to enforce similar type policies, so that the criminals straighten up, at least for nothing else other than to keep away from the 115 degree pink panties!

Way to go Joe, love him or hate him he gets the job done
    cheaply.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Shame we don't have more like Joe.

In Snohomish county, in Washington, people who are convicted of a misdemeaner in the Monroe court are told to bring a Sleeping bag when they report to the Fair Grounds. They are housed in one of the barns and are put to work cleaning the buildings and the surounding grounds during their stay.

Joe's a media whore and will do anything to get publicity. I love what he's done for the department and I wish more agencies would follow. ICE actually trained some of his deputies in Immigration Law so they can arrest illegal aliens. Since last year, illegal aliens have been untouchable in the Phoenix area because police departments could not determine alienage on them and would just let them go if they encountered them during a routine traffic stop. That's all come to an end now that DPS and MCSO are Immigration Law certified and ICE has a 100% call-out rate with their LEAR Unit in Maricopa County as well as surrounding counties. Arizona will no longer be a safe haven for illegals.

Wink Wouldn't call him THAT...

Quote Originally Posted by symr00 View Post
    Joe's a media whore and will do anything to get publicity. I love what he's done for the department and I wish more agencies would follow.
    I wouldn't call him a "whore" unless he was an ineffective LEO which does not appear to be the case. He seeks the media because that is the BEST way to put pressure on his sources of departmental funding to increase same. This makes him a top notch administrator in my view.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I wouldn't call him a "whore" unless he was an ineffective LEO which does not appear to be the case. He seeks the media because that is the BEST way to put pressure on his sources of departmental funding to increase same. This makes him a top notch administrator in my view.
    He's not ineffective but he does tell stories to the media that aren't exactly true.

I love this guy. I see him on TV often. Head of ICE?? Shoot, make him head of Homeland Security. I bet HE could put that department in order, instead of that Chertoff who seems to be more concerned with his political future than security of our country.
    This country needs more Hard@$$ in control.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Wink Well.....

Quote Originally Posted by symr00 View Post
    He's not ineffective but he does tell stories to the media that aren't exactly true.
    Well in my book, that's okay. Given the number of times the MEDIA itself relates stories that aren't exactly true...especially in the pursuit of destroying our 2nd Amendment rights!

Joe is still one of the good guys and I will not besmirch his reputation until it's proven he's one of the "bad guy politicians."

Can you show me where he's come out against the 2nd Amendment either for outright repeal or favoring restrictions on law abiding citizens?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

[QUOTE=ExSoldier;423990]
    Can you show me where he's come out against the 2nd Amendment either for outright repeal or favoring restrictions on law abiding citizens?
    Heck no! He actually is pro 2nd Amendment and signs off on civilian Class 3 forms. Something most local city chiefs won't do. He also prosecutes illegal aliens with smuggling themselves (felony), however none have been convicted of it.

Every jail should be like that, except for max security, which should be much less comfortable and enjoyable.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links