Joe Arpaio For Chief Of "ice" - Page 3

Joe Arpaio For Chief Of "ice"

This is a discussion on Joe Arpaio For Chief Of "ice" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A thought just occurred to me. We seem to be all in agreement that legal immigration is fine. Those who are willing to go through ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Arpaio For Chief Of "ice"

VIP Member
    A thought just occurred to me.

We seem to be all in agreement that legal immigration is fine. Those who are willing to go through the system, sign up, and put in their time should be here and should be allowed to go as far as they can.

The illegal part is what we are unhappy with. If you are willing to break the laws to sneak in, what other laws are you willing to break?

Let's change the punishment for illegal aliens. They claim to come here to work, so OK. We'll sign them up. Convictions result in confiscation of all property obtained while illegally here, X number of years of labor while in prison, then deportation back to the home country. Why not create a labor force that will pay for itself with Joe's low cost containment system?

Am I off base? As far as I know, we hold them for a short time until we send them back and they come across again. Where's the punishment in that?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    A thought just occurred to me.

We seem to be all in agreement that legal immigration is fine. Those who are willing to go through the system, sign up, and put in their time should be here and should be allowed to go as far as they can.

The illegal part is what we are unhappy with. If you are willing to break the laws to sneak in, what other laws are you willing to break?

Let's change the punishment for illegal aliens. They claim to come here to work, so OK. We'll sign them up. Convictions result in confiscation of all property obtained while illegally here, X number of years of labor while in prison, then deportation back to the home country. Why not create a labor force that will pay for itself with Joe's low cost containment system?

Am I off base? As far as I know, we hold them for a short time until we send them back and they come across again. Where's the punishment in that?
    It's an idea...I guess since I have no problem with his chain gangs I really wouldn't have any problem requiring the same from any criminal.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Hey, Joe's not just a crotchety old sheriff....

He's been around the block a time or two. Spent 18 years as a DEA agent and spent a lot of time doing deep undercover in South America and IIRC was a Deputy U.S. Marshall after leaving DEA.

All that before he became Sheriff of Miacopa County!

I'd say he pretty much knows what he's doing!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

I say that all illegal aliens cought should be put on a chain gang/work detail to build the '3 tiered wall' from the GOM ot the Pacific Ocean.

Problem is all of these liberal 'sanctuary cities' that are violating federal law bar the 'harboring' of illegal aliens and their ordanances restricting law enforcements ability to even verify if someone is illegal. Congress enacted law in '96 prohibiting 'sanctuary cities' but does not enforce the statute.

There are a lot of good laws on the books that would solve the illegal immigration problem if they were just enforced.
    If you want to understand how easily it could be fixed, read up on how President Eisenhower attacked the problem in '53-'54. He had them running back accross the border.

But the GOP wants labor and the Dems want votes. Heck, dems don't want people to even have to show ID's to vote. The LA mayor probably is lining them up to vote in Mexifornia.

What has to happen is to have a few locals around the country take the illegals that are rounded up/arrested and give them a 'bus tour' of the U.S. Tour itenarary to be straight to Washington DC. Drop a few thousand 'illegal aliens' off on the steps of Congress and they might get the message.

I've know Joe for over 30 years. He's not an act and what you see is what you get. Warts and all! :)

Latino Leaders Outraged by Arizona Sherriff's Illegal Immigration Tip Hotline

Just read this on Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290861,00.html

Latino Leaders Outraged by Arizona Sherriff's Illegal Immigration Tip Hotline

Thursday, July 26, 2007

PHOENIX — Latino leaders and faith-based organizations in the U.S. state of Arizona want a local sheriff to disconnect the hotline he created for people to report information about illegal immigrants, saying it raises the chance of racial profiling.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Wednesday, however, that he would not disconnect the hotline, and stressed that deputies would investigate people only if authorities had probable cause, according to a report in The Arizona Republic newspaper.

The hotline has received about 300 calls since it was launched Friday, including tips about family and friends, employment, day laborers, drop houses and crank calls.

Arpaio said officials were analyzing the tips and had not yet acted on any calls.

"There's nothing unconstitutional about putting up a hotline," Arpaio said, pointing out that U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement have similar hotlines.

The hotline is part of an expanded immigration enforcement plan Arpaio unveiled last week that also includes sheriff's deputies cross-trained to enforce immigration law.

Some Latino advocacy groups will launch a hotline of their own to take tips from people who believe they have been unfairly reported to Arpaio's hotline, said activist Mary Rose Wilcox, a Maricopa County supervisor.

Meanwhile, some faith-based organizations are circulating a letter among church leaders and members that decries Arpaio's hotline.

gotta love these groups that will do anything to get people to contribute to their cause.......i.e. their paychecks. joe is doing a hell of a job and keeping costs down. i do believe his jail system should be a model in more places. why should i pay for some guy who killed or raped another person to sit there and lift weights and eat better than i do? i am working for my money and having to pay for their luxery. hell they get more cable channels than i can afford. i think he has the right idea. oh yeah and jesse doesnt want none of joe and that is why he stays clear of that scene cause joe would take the news instead of jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirerogue View Post
    I've know Joe for over 30 years. He's not an act and what you see is what you get. Warts and all! :)
    If you mean you know him in person. Next time you see him, tell him a lady in Missouri would like to see him start a school for sheriffs.
    Teach them to be the effective Law Enforcer he is. Give him a big thumbs up from me.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I was stationed at Luke AFB when he was elected. His first term was news worthy and he has remained so. He was recently in the news for using pink hand cuffs in his jails. He said it was becaus his regular hand cuffs were disappearing. Some think it was a continuance of his pink jail uniforms. Personally, I hope he keeps up the great work.

I actually met "Sheriff Joe" while in Arizona visiting a friend; He is a true-blue straight shooter who is one of those people who actually lives, eats and breathes what he is about, and what he portrays to the public. Don't write him in on the administration, he ought to be a running mate....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links