Something to think about,,,

This is a discussion on Something to think about,,, within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was just messing around outside doing yard work and got hot, so I decided to cool off with a big ole glass of Mtdew ...

Thread: Something to think about,,,

Something to think about,,,

I was just messing around outside doing yard work and got hot, so I decided to cool off with a big ole glass of Mtdew and jump on the computer.

I have a police scanner so I thought I would turn it on and see whats going on. I heard on it that they were surrounding a building with several shooters and some of the doorways had backpacks leaning against them, possible makings of a bomb.

Some officers went in through different doors to secure the building
    and to see if there were people in the building. I was listening to it and everyonce in a while they would report about a shooter down but couldn't move them cause they had a bomb strapped to them.

I was getting more pop when I heard them come on again saying this was only a scenario. Talk about moving to condition red in a hurry. They were in the next town but my towns police were in on it too. I don't know if they do that a lot but it's the first time I have heard something like this.

I'm just wondering if they know something that they are not telling everyone else or is it just up to date training with everything that's going on.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Post 9/11 there's been a big surge in interoperability, both in communications and actaul field work.

9/11 was a big wake up call for lots of agencies ranging from local to federal.

I think what you heard is starting to become more standard.

VIP Member
    Don't know about your place, but around here much of the training is made up by the training officer. Some of it he's read about in trade magazines or on the news, he mixes a couple scenarios together to add twists, and sometimes he just dreams up a good plan to see what his guys (and gals) will do to work through it.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

It seemed pretty real the way they were running around and trying to find everyone.

Reminded me of Orson Wells, War of the Worlds after I heard that it was a scenerio.

I bet you started paying real close attention when you heard the police talk about possible bombs didn't you?

That will wake you up pretty fast!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I heard about the possible bombs and was really glued to the scanner.

Here is the write up in the paper about it.
    http://www.nwanews.com/bcdr/News/50512/

Links