Michigan Militia???

Michigan Militia???

This is a discussion on Michigan Militia??? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, not sure if this is the best place for this, but here it is: I was looking at their web site the other day, ...

Thread: Michigan Militia???

Michigan Militia???

OK, not sure if this is the best place for this, but here it is:

I was looking at their web site the other day, just for kicks. Wanted to see how nutty they were and maybe find a mission statement. I figured they were determined to overthrow the current US Government and all followed their leader blindly like the Branch Davidians. Doesn't seem to be so, they actually elect their leaders yearly, and just seem to want to be ready for whatever. No religion, racial stuff, or whatever.

Now for my question: Does anyone have any experience with these folks? Is the web site just a front? Is their training worthwhile? (as in, correct, or is it the blind leading the blind?) I'm not particularly interested in an insurrection, but I'm definately interested in training, especially free training.

Any info would be appreciated, please PM me if you'd rather keep discreet. Or for even more discretion you can email from an anonymous email account: lbrombach@wideopenwest.comThanks one and all.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

JD
    Administrator
    They are too much in the "spotlight" for my liking, while lately they are on the up and up they do have a somewhat checkered past.

In all likelihood, the ATF is still watching them closely, and personally I wouldn't want to be affiliated with them.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    They are too much in the "spotlight" for my liking, while lately they are on the up and up they do have a somewhat checkered past.

In all likelihood, the ATF is still watching them closely, and personally I wouldn't want to be affiliated with them.
    Definately a concern.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Theres also the minutemen of america, i remember hearing about them a while back, "start your own militia" thing. While its our right to have a militia in todays society im sure you'll be looked at like a "enemy combatant" and all your rights will be stripped.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

In some states there is a militia that is run by the state, independant of the national guard. Maryland has one like this, and I have heard there are others but I don't recall where.

I will say that we had several occurrences of them stealing our equipment while we were at AT in 2005. And I heard stories (yes, I know) of them taking vehicles and ammunition from hot ranges.

Back before we had our "Shall Issue"

They formed as a pro gun group and had some good ideas, then the extremist took over. They would wear cameo and as much of their para military stuff out as they could get away with, N this made people nervous.
    Consequently they brought a lot of attention, the bad kind and with it heat upon their group. Although they started out with good intentions it did not end up as they planed.
    I once had the opportunity to have a extensive conversation with one of their leaders a number of years back, just as they were getting the bad PR, N told him that they needed to rethink their Strategy, Hats with their logo, T shirts with the logo and a "ask me about the Mi Militia" on them would go a heap further than what they were attempting, no one listened, N they became the "What ever happened to..." group.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links