The Brits Need Guns - Page 2

The Brits Need Guns

This is a discussion on The Brits Need Guns within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by P95Carry Speaking as another Ex Brit - very EX ........ hell is way more likely to freeze over first sad to say. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Brits Need Guns

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Speaking as another Ex Brit - very EX ........ hell is way more likely to freeze over first sad to say. There are many Brits who DO see sense but they are so outweighed by the sheeple and anti's that the "we don't want to be like U.S.A." vote will always win the day.

The majority maxim is still IMO ''guns are bad'' - period. With little thought to anything beyond that. It means of course that the thugs are the over riding gun toting numbers these days. Apart from "armed response units" - the cops are still not carrying.

Not much chance of a legitimate gun or three being in the right place when something goes down.
    On our birthday (July 1st) our Prime Minister said that to be Canadian means more than being "anti-American" It was a great shot at the left who sole platform seems to anti-American (man they be lost when Bush leaves), listening to the left babbling is quite annoying, glad we finally have a PM with a pair.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Saw a video on the NRA website yesterday that showed a bunch of what I believe to be the Irish protesting to repeal the current gun bans in Brition.

The newscaster/announcer said it was the largest peacefull protest in British History. Had no date, and I cant find it again, but if it is recent then perhaps all is not lost for Great Brition.

Ps. Anyone else know what I am talking about?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Thanks for all the input guys.

Rob, I hear you loud and clear...

Pete and Chris, thanks. I had never heard of that specific incident that I can recall for sure. Definately just what they needed to begin the end.

Shadowsbane, I would be willing to bet that no matter how peacefully the Irish (if that is for sure who the people in the video are) were calling for rescinding the gun laws, that would probably just strengthen the anti-gun stance of Britain's people.

Ireland's GNP will surpass GB's soon.

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Ireland's GNP will surpass GB's soon.
    What does that have to do with anything?

Ireland has a strong economy, great.

What does that have to do with this thread???

I hear Norway are doing well too...

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nope, too late for Britain, they gave up their rights and don't want them back.

All the best Brits either left or are planning to.

/ex-subject of the Realm.
    Correct.
    And if you're a freedom lover, you're very welcome here.
    Let England rot in its own stupidity, ignorance, and shortsightedness.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Correct.
    And if you're a freedom lover, you're very welcome here.
    Let England rot in its own stupidity, ignorance, and shortsightedness.
    I just can't agree. We are not talking about China or Russia. We are talking about our best friends in the free world. No loss of freedom for them can bode any good for us. The antis in this country that I argue with often like to point out that we are the only country in the civilized world that allows its citizens to own and carry handguns. Might be nice if they didn't have that kind of ammunition to use. Anyway we and the British are joined by blood, history and language. If one of us catches cold the other may at least get the sniffles. Poll your friends and neighbors. I don't know what the percentages are but the number of people in this country who want us to have laws just like Britain has got to be alarming. Obviously I can't tell the British what to do but I can't be unconcerned enough to say "let them rot in their own stupidity".

There were very few firearms restrictions in Britain until the 1920s.

Brits have several things that differ from ours. One is that there is no written constitution to establish the rights of individuals and no Supreme Court to apply it. Another is that the government is not as answerable to the people as ours. Brits can't vote directly for their chief executive, the party in power picks him/her. They cannot vote for their representatives in their upper house, and there are no regularly scheduled elections for the lower house.
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links