Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel

This is a discussion on Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; (ABC's Brian Ross)(On Drudge) ABC ^ | July 10, 2007 | Brian Ross Posted on 07/10/2007 Senior U.S. intelligence officials tell ABC News new intelligence ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel

Exclamation Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel

(ABC's Brian Ross)(On Drudge)
    ABC ^ | July 10, 2007 | Brian Ross

Posted on 07/10/2007

Senior U.S. intelligence officials tell ABC News new intelligence from Afghanistan suggests a small al Qaeda cell is on its way to the United States, or may already be here.

The White House has convened an urgent multi-agency meeting for Thursday afternoon to deal with the new threat.

Top intelligence and law enforcement officials have been told to assemble in the Situation Room to report on:

--what steps can be taken to minimize or counter the threat,

--and what steps are being taken to harden security for government buildings and personnel.

"It suggests they have information that the cell or cells coming this direction want to attack a government facility," Brad Garrett, a former FBI agent and ABC News consultant, said.

Law enforcement officials say the recent failed attacks in London have provided important new clues about possible tactics.

And officials say the London attackers use of the Internet left important clues that are being used to decode other e-mails that had initially been deemed unimportant but are now taking on new significance.

ExSoldier's Note: I have been expecting this for some time. I wonder how many plots we've stopped "in motion" since 2001? Our guys are good. VERY GOOD. But the terrorists only have to get lucky once. If it's the right target and the attack is well executed we might be in a world of hurt. Good thing we've layed in our hurricane supplies. They'll do double duty now. I hope everybody else is similarly prepped and ready.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way
    Either there already are dozens, or terrorists are fools. And not just a.Q.

Same ol', same ol'.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    Nothing that some judicious use of lead wont take care of...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Even though I walk through the valley of death I shall fear no evil.

It helps to have a .45 on my side and an AR in my hands, and our guys are good, wish them well, and good hunting!

"First rule of a gun fight is to have a gun"

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    There's a lot of known cells in the United States. Hamas has the most, I believe. From what I understand, they are kept in-check and new intel is developed off of them. Kind of like using the current cells as unwitting bait.

I will agree that every cell is dangerous and it only takes one miss... but... I recall reading in 2005 that over 100 terrorist acts were stopped by direct intervention after 9/11. I'll see if I can find that article online for you guys.

Just remember most of the intel community considers Al Queda to be the terrorist B-Team. Hamas and their former Black September members are considered the pro's in their field.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

BAC
    Sounds like an excuse for more Patriot-Act-like nonsense.

-B

It's the '08 Elections coming, that's all.

They've been here, are here and will be here - but when the politicos need free air time they wheel out the 'stress-o-meter' and get on all the news shows.

I'm not doubting there is a threat, just that how is anything any different to how it was last week?

Did they get their Spanish language classes in Mexico before sneaking across the unguarded border?

Consider the source: ABC/Drudge? [a.k.a. The Lamestream Media]

Translation: Boooggaa-boooggaa!! Ayrabs gonna gitchya!!

Look for more asinine air travel restrictions, checkpoints, "terror cell" discoveries and other Constitution-crushing dog and pony shows.

The gubment needs to keep all us "useless eaters" really, really sceered.

Got popcorn??
    Don't forget to bow as the chariot passes.

I could care less about them (gubmit) trying to scare me, its trying to decide if our local mall is the one they're willing to have immolated to prove a point, that concerns me.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    (ABC's Brian Ross)(On Drudge)
    ABC ^ | July 10, 2007 | Brian Ross

Posted on 07/10/2007

a small al Qaeda cell is on its way to the United States, or may already be here.
    [SARCASM]Well....... As long as they can narrow it down!![/SARCASM]

(That's about as useful as a 10 day weather forecast.)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Did anyone ever think that we didn't have cells here? They maybe keeping a low profial, but I believe they were here before 9/11 and have remained....plotting and planning.

Homeland Security is the only ones who seemed to be surprised. THAT is scary.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I agree about more election media tactics.I doubt the our middle eastern enemies will attack as they are winning the war in media.
    Bush has low rating ,members of his own party are withdrawing there support.Why would they want to attack us on our own soil
    and unite us again for a year possible electing a republican which I can only hope.A person who is armed is prepared so if the foolishnishness comes some of use will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Consider the source: ABC/Drudge? [a.k.a. The Lamestream Media]

Translation: Boooggaa-boooggaa!! Ayrabs gonna gitchya!!

Look for more asinine air travel restrictions, checkpoints, "terror cell" discoveries and other Constitution-crushing dog and pony shows.

The gubment needs to keep all us "useless eaters" really, really sceered.

Got popcorn??

You forgot the part where we have to outlaw ALL firearms. That way, the cells will be unarmed. After all... It would be illegal to own a gun...

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    I agree about more election media tactics.I doubt the our middle eastern enemies will attack as they are winning the war in media.
    Bush has low rating ,members of his own party are withdrawing there support.Why would they want to attack us on our own soil
    and unite us again for a year possible electing a republican which I can only hope..
    Good point.

Last week some intel was "leaked" to the media and they questioned Chertoff, who said that he had no information of any particular threats at this time.

Now he says he has a "gut feeling" that something may be in the works this summer.

They are calling an emergency meeting in the situation room tomorrow. ABC seems to be the lead media outlet for this info thus far. They made a report about the meeting and Chertoff's gut feeling crap yesterday.

Tonight they (ABC) had an expose about how easy it is for terrorist or anyone else to get their hands on radioactive materials for a dirty bomb. A lot of this stuff is available here in the US.

The problem is that you never know if they are letting info out just to try to scare people, or for some other reason.

None of it really matters anyway, becuase there isn't really anything that the average person can do except go on living and try to be ready for whatever happens, or hopefully, doesn't happen.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links