Dude wheres my car? Thanks King County Leo's!!

This is a discussion on Dude wheres my car? Thanks King County Leo's!! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wow my car was stolen last night!!!! I had a long day at work and went to bed early. I awoke to my cell going ...

Thread: Dude wheres my car? Thanks King County Leo's!!

Dude wheres my car? Thanks King County Leo's!!

Wow my car was stolen last night!!!! I had a long day at work and went to bed early. I awoke to my cell going off at 3 in the morning. Irratated, i answered and prepared to give whoever it was a piece of my mind( had been getting solitation calls on my cell lately) Instead its a King County Police officer wondering if i knew where my car was.

"In my apartment complex parking lot??" I asked feebly.

"Nope, its at a camp ground in snoqualmie"

Turns out some little cretin dicided it was a good idea to break into cars. Well stupid me had just had my ignition key copied and put it in the glove box. opps.

I got off very lightly. No damage and they caught the guy. (that rarely happens together the LEOs informed me) The moron had several warrants out for his arrest already. He drove my car to a party that got raided by police. Well he was just leaving when they pulled up. They checked his license and arrested him. Then they checked out my car and found the regisration.
    Luckily i had a cell phone bill on the front seat and they gave me a call(or i would have had to go down to the impound lot.)

Unfortunately my wifes new digital camera was in the backseat and somehow vanished en route to the party.

The guy claims that he was given the car by a friend, but he will at the very least be charged with possesion of a stolen vehicle(felony)
    He also had some stolen credit cards from other cars in the lot(i thought i was foolish for leaving a key in mine) He also has his warrants. Have fun in jail Moron

All in all, I'm very pleased with the leo's in my area. They did a great job and made everything very easy.
    Thanks for serving your community.
    -mac
    Last edited by Macattack; July 18th, 2007 at 12:59 AM. Reason: derrrr
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

2. Remove Ads

Glad you got it back. How did he get in without causing damage?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Sweeeeet,

Glad to hear you got it back, and in one piece.

A lady I work with had there car stolen, they cought the kid in DC area with the car, her husband was LEO where they lived and voluntered to go pick up the suspect, after informing him who's car he had stolen, it was a very quite ride back.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Glad you got it back. How did he get in without causing damage?
    Its not hard to do. You can buy lock-picking sets on line with instruntional dvds and books. You can also get slimjims,or rigs that slide in the door and pop the door open in a matter of seconds and donot cause damage. You can also get whats called jiggler-keys. Because most manufactors use the same 'base' key for cars. E.G. 199x-199x Honda Accords, Civics,Acura TL and Integra. Jiggle the key and turn the lock, opens right up.

How do I know? For one I'm a hardcore car guy who walks in the industry(Service Writer.) And for two,when my Acura was towed. The guy popped the door open in less than 10 seconds to put my E-brake down.

To the OP: Glad they found your car and etc. Good work for the LEO

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I had something like this happen with the wife's car. I got a call one day from a state fella asking what the license plate number was. Some idiot had taken it from her car in the lot where she works.

He made it about 2 miles before his POS broke down on the expressway. The plates were back on her car before she knew they had been stolen. The officer met me at her car (took pictures/report). The moron was arrested shortly afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Its not hard to do. You can buy lock-picking sets on line with instruntional dvds and books. You can also get slimjims,or rigs that slide in the door and pop the door open in a matter of seconds and donot cause damage. You can also get whats called jiggler-keys. Because most manufactors use the same 'base' key for cars. E.G. 199x-199x Honda Accords, Civics,Acura TL and Integra. Jiggle the key and turn the lock, opens right up.

How do I know? For one I'm a hardcore car guy who walks in the industry(Service Writer.) And for two,when my Acura was towed. The guy popped the door open in less than 10 seconds to put my E-brake down.

To the OP: Glad they found your car and etc. Good work for the LEO
    I guess I forgot that you could do it that way. 'Round here they just get medeviel with a screwdriver...at least all the recovered vehicles that I've seen.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Around here, they usually get in by opening the door, and they start it by using the key....

(because nothing like that EVER happens here....except for those 15 times a year when it does....)

opps forgot that part, yeah he used a slim jim. 96 camaros are very easy to get into(so says srgt. wilcox)
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

VIP Member
    Glad you got your car back in fine condition. A stroke of luck he hadn't killed it yet. Good work on KCSO's part.

Ummm, you don't leave your house key under the "welcome" mat, too, do you? (sorry couldn't help it)
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Glad you did get your vehicle back in one piece...150 years ago they would have hung that dirtbag...too bad times have changed...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Too bad you couldn't get your front site on him. Congrats to the LEOs.
    ...one jagged hole!

Because i live somewhat near a bunch of forest roads that wander deep into the mountains for miles, I'm glad they didn't drive it up there and shoot it full of holes or drive it off a cliff or catch it on fire.
    (I've been up there and have seen the wreckage of all three)

No i don't leave my key under the doormat. Thats silly. I just leave my door unlucked.

There would be alot less car thefts if the "hang em fer stealin yer horse" rule was still in effect.

Links