ALERT: Border Patrol Told to Stand Down

This is a discussion on ALERT: Border Patrol Told to Stand Down within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ALERT: Border Patrol Ordered to Stand Down in Arizona!! MinutemanHQ and Chris Simcox on Patrol This Weekend! High-level officials in the U.S. Border Patrol have ...

Thread: ALERT: Border Patrol Told to Stand Down

ALERT: Border Patrol Ordered to Stand Down in Arizona!!

MinutemanHQ and Chris Simcox on Patrol This Weekend!

High-level officials in the U.S. Border Patrol have told their forces to stand down, and keep arrests of those crossing our borders illegally to an "absolute minimum." Shockingly, this compromise in already lax border security is nothing more than politics -- politics that puts our nation and your family in undue danger.

Stand down orders to Border Patrol agents are designed to minimize the statistical evidence of the Minutemen's effectiveness in shutting down the porous border where the Minutemen have operated - "cooking the books" to make the efforts of the patriots appear futile.

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps has been keeping vigil along parts of the Arizona border for months, doing a job the government won't: securing the U.S.-Mexico border from drug smugglers, illegal traffickers, and terrorists. Their aim is two-fold: protect America from imminent security threats and prove that simply increasing border security personnel would significnatly reduce illegal immigration, drug trafficking and syndicated crime.

On May 13, The Washington Times reported that at least twelve U.S. Border Patrol agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, confirmed that the order had been issued. Arrests were "not to go up" in the areas where Minutemen had previously kept watch.

Border Officials put pride and politics before security!

DID YOU KNOW? Way back in 1774, a group of brave fighters known as "The Minutemen" organized themselves to protect their fellow Americans? Their confrontation with British troops led to the famous "shot heard 'round the world." Today, the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps is carrying on that tradition, putting themselves in harm's way to stand up for Americans.

It is staggering that the U.S. Government, while defending freedom around the world, is unwilling to do the necessary work to defend our own liberty and security -- on our own border. How can we spend billions eradicating terrorists in the Middle East while ignoring a great threat -- perhaps the greatest threat -- right here at home?

If Congress, President Bush, and the Washington establishment will not protect national security right here on our own American soil, then we must. If they will not stand guard, we must. If they fail to fulfill the most basic purpose of government, to "provide for the common defense," then we must. We the people, as we have always done in America, are answering the call.

Minuteman Civil Defense is a bold, creative, time honored American solution.
    The Minutemen observe and report illegal border activity and use legal means to assist the Border Patrol in turning away unwelcome intruders. In the Naco, Arizona area, Border Patrol agents admitted that the Minutemen presence had reduced illegal traffic by over 95% -- from 500 apprehensions a day to about 15. You can help the Minutemen fulfill their mission; a mission the government refuses to take seriously.

Washington knows these patriotic men and women are making a difference, but they don't want to admit it. Instead of saying "thank you." they're saying "stand down."

But we MUST NOT stand down - it is high time to STAND UP against the lawlessness that is prevailing on our borders. With the right volunteers and a continuing supply of financial help, the Minutemen can make this pressing issue one that both President Bush and Congress CANNOT CONTINUE TO DUCK! The very presense in our southern border and northern states of dedicated American Minuteman citizens cries out against senseless politics and unprecendented neglect. ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, HUMAN AND DRUG TRAFFICKING, THE LOOMING TERRORIST THREAT OVER OUR BORDERS MUST BE STOPPED!

Chris Simcox has been hard at work appearing on Hannity and Colmes, Scarborough Country, Mike Savage, Fox and Friends and testifying to the Congress in Washington, DC. With media exposure through talk radio, cable news, and internet venues, the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps is gaining influence and sparking debate nationwide about border policy, and the sorry state of our country's border security.

But debate and influence alone won't protect our cities from terrorist threats, stop the stream of illegals into our nation. Only real, decisive action can make the difference. You can take action today by supporting this vital effort, and by passing along this information to everyone you know who values America's freedom and our national sovereignty.

Would you lend a hand, or a dollar, to keep the Minutemen running strong? Or, perhaps you're interested in joining the vigil.

MinuteMan Civil Defense
    PO Box 130707 w Dept Code MMHQCA, Houston, TX 77219-0707
    Phone: 877.747.0900
    Email: volunteer@minutemanhq.com
    Web site: http://www.MinutemanHQ.com/

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

My family emigrated to this country. At one time, my ancestors were immigrants. I have nothing against legal immigrants and refugees who have received asylum. The hypocrisy of our homeland defense posture and our immigration policy burns me up. The sight of illegal immigrants protesting for "rights" burns me up. The news of some states, including my own, giving or considering giving to illegals privileges of citizenship burns me up.

I refuse to be searched in the name of homeland security, ever again, while our government allows thousands of illegals (which must include at least a few terrorists) to enter our country unopposed every night. I'll drive. I'll walk. Whatever it takes, but I won't let the TSA goons frisk me down while the government ignores the thousands of undocumented illegals demanding the rights of citizenship without the responsibilities of citizenship.

I'm so burned up I ought to be toast.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

I'm with you Tom...although my ancestors immigrated here almost 300 yrs ago, I support "legal" immigration and am totally opposed to the "amnesty" moves that have been too frequent. Illegal is still defined as a criminal act in my dictionary....and I don't like attaching the word "immigrant" to "illegal"....call them what they are...."aliens"....better yet, "criminal aliens"....or just plain "criminals". If they are so fed up with the country they live in then do what we did and change it! But stay home and do it.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

This gives me the

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I always here politics used as a reason to be lax on lax border security, but public opinion with the exception of a small but vocal minority seems to be in favor of tighter border security. It just seems odd. How quicly folks forget 911. I fully agree that the fight should be taken to the enemy, but there is so much that could be done at home to really make things safer.

Assistant Administrator
    Some might say I have no voice here but - I feel I do. I am a more recent immigrant (5 years) - all but now ready to take my final pledge for naturalization.

It has been a long and very costly process - ''doing the right thing'' - so I am legal, 100% legal and proud of it. I have my tax #, my SSN etc ... apart from the ceremony of naturalization I am already an American thru and thru.

So yeah - I resent like &%^#$@ the ''leakage'' that is allowed - yes seemingly allowed, if not even condoned - whilst the likes of me go the hard route. Many will state plusses but from where I am standing, the whole deal is ludicrous - for too many reasons to even have the energy to write - we mostly know 'em all.

I am not being anti-Mex, anti-Hispanic at all - just anti illegal entry Goddammit!!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I am not being anti-Mex, anti-Hispanic at all - just anti illegal entry Goddammit!!!!
    I think most people here agree with that view Chris...this isn't about legal immigration, just securing the ever widening hole in the dike!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Some might say I have no voice here but - I feel I do. I am a more recent immigrant (5 years) - all but now ready to take my final pledge for naturalization.
    No, I think it's great when people immigrate here (legally) as you have done, and consider themselves American. In my mind, you ARE an American. That being said, I feel that if they don't learn to speak English they should not be allowed citizenship. We have a culture here, that if they don't want to be a part of, they should stay home.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

What Bumper said, its nice to know of recent folks joining our way of life P95Carry. A few years ago we had an organization based here in CA that went to Ariz and patrolled ranchers property so trying to observe and stop illegals has been going on for awhile.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Lead Moderator
    I agree with all thats been said so far, and think legal immigration is just great!

What frosts me is the people wanting to give privliges to the illegals! Just by the fact that their presents is illegal should be reason enough to deny things like drivers permits.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    What frosts me is the people wanting to give privliges to the illegals! Just by the fact that their presents is illegal should be reason enough to deny things like drivers permits.
    And don't forget the money...our money...the money we all work very hard for and have to pay for medical care for people that are not even legally here and contribute nothing to the "money pit"!

Assistant Administrator
    Not totally on topic but might interest some.

Today I drove to Pittsburg and back for fingerprinting - about a 230 miles round trip (yep - had to be done there despite my prints already on record thru my FL carry application!). Couldn't bike it to save gas because Murphy made sure it rained!!! So took truck - thus a gas cost of some $30. Add my time of course - plus $8 for parking (yep - $8) - and a lunch, then factor in the cost levied for getting my fingerprints done - $70.!! Costly day!

My last stage now, when I get ''the call'' is another drive of same distance for the final ceremony - for which I paid a $320 fee.!

Total costs to date? Hmmm .... probably lost count but one way and another gotta be approaching $2k!

So - I really do feel, as a tax payer too - that I have earned my position - unlike the illegals, thus my angst over the whole deal!

Mini rant over (for now! )
    Chris - P95

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    It's money well spent.

Could you PM me with details about the test?

Assistant Administrator
    CE - PM on the way.
    Chris - P95

P95....we're at a point in life where these little things can be categorized at short vacations....yep money well spent, got outta town for a bit, "enjoyed the rainy scenery", and had lunch out to boot....what more can ya ask fer?
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Links