Hotels being recon' as future targets?

This is a discussion on Hotels being recon' as future targets? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mods, I am not sure if this belongs here so please move to if needed. We got this at work. I know some here work ...

Thread: Hotels being recon' as future targets?

VIP Member

Hotels being recon' as future targets?

Mods, I am not sure if this belongs here so please move to if needed.

We got this at work. I know some here work also at the Hospitality or Hospitality related Safety & Security Business so I thought I should share.

Good Evening,
    Below is text of an email recently received by a hotel in the LAX area. While it might be harmless, our experience tells us this is one way in which the terrorists conduct their intelligence gathering operations. There are many bad things individuals can do with this information.
    I would ask that you pass this along to your hotels. I would suggest that if they receive such a request that they contact the local Department of Homeland Security Rep or equivalent for those in other countries. If the hotels don't know who their local Homeland Security Rep is, they can call the local FBI office. They should also notify the franchisor's loss prevention department of such a request. Any questions please feel free to contact me.

Hello,
    My name is Fahad Ghufran. I would like to receive the complimentary brochure of your hotel/resort, free of cost. The reason is that I am fond of collecting hotel and resort brochures which I do not sell.
    In addition to the brochure, if your hotel/resort has some complimentary accessory items like pens, pencils, markers, file covers, file clips, hotel logo stickers, 2007 edition calendars, letter pads, writing pads, mouse pads, key rings, diaries, carrier bags, complimentary wallet, etc., then I request you to kindly send to me on behalf of your hotel/resort as souvenirs, free of cost.
    If your hotel/resort belongs to a particular chain, then I request you to kindly send the hotel directory of that chain to me, provided if the directory is available. Also if your hotel publishes a monthly hotel magazine or a newsletter, then I kindly request you to send a complimentary copy of that to me as well. However, if you are unable to send the requested accessory items, then please send the brochure to me by normal mail, registered mail, or courier service(DHL, FedEx, TNT, UPS, etc.).
    I hope that you will fulfill my request because I know that you will consider it with great kindness and an open heart. Kindly excuse me if there is any thing wrong with the tone of my email.
    I shall be waiting for your confirmatory email reply.
    Many Thanks,
    Fahad Ghufran
    House No. 13, Street No. 2
    Sunehri Masjid Colony
    Sunehri Masjid Road
    Peshawar Cantt NWFP
    Pakistan
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    That E-mail smells worse than 2 week old dead fish.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    We got this at work. I know some here work also at the Hospitality or Hospitality related Safety & Security Business so I thought I should share.
    Darn, now I gotta come up with a new way to get free office supplies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kd5nrh View Post
    Darn, now I gotta come up with a new way to get free office supplies.

Not quite what I had in mind but thanks for sharing
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    A 9mm lobotomy would go a long way to solving the terrorist problem.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Most hotels can be viewed online, if this twit can get email then they can see the hotels online...

I'd send them a brochure for the State Pen...

I did a little search on this. I found it referenced as back in 2002 on a Snopes message board. There wasn't much comment on it but it has been going around for a while.
    "Friend, I would not harm thee for all the world, but thou art standing where I am about to shoot."--Unknown Quaker

VIP Member
    I did the fullest search I could on the Net and found nothing that would confirm or deny the notice.
    Randy Cain.

Links