Tsa Checking Bus Riders Now!!!!

This is a discussion on Tsa Checking Bus Riders Now!!!! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sorry TSA, you don't have permission to feel me up today. That would be my answer. Where does it end folks? Screeners from the Transportation ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tsa Checking Bus Riders Now!!!!

Tsa Checking Bus Riders Now!!!!

Sorry TSA, you don't have permission to feel me up today. That would be my answer. Where does it end folks?

Screeners from the Transportation Security Administration checked passengers at two Downtown city bus stops this morning, looking for weapons and suspicious behavior.

David Kane, federal security director for TSA in Indianapolis, called it a "VIPR" operation.

"It's called Visual Intermodal Prevention Response. We have plainclothes inspectors, blue-gloved uniformed security officers who are checking baggage, the behavior detection officers, and federal air marshals, which are the law enforcement arm of TSA."

Security stations were set up at bus stops at Capitol Avenue and Market Street, and Ohio and Meridian streets.

Some passengers were patted down or submitted to having bags checked.

TSA said the searches were “by-permission,” meaning patrons could decline to be checked. Those who did would not be turned away, an official said, unless they otherwise appeared to be a security threat.

DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Who would give permission?

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    TSA said the searches were “by-permission,” meaning patrons could decline to be checked. Those who did would not be turned away, an official said, unless they otherwise appeared to be a security threat.
    I wonder why anyone would give their permission to be searched? I wonder if the officers made it clear that the search was voluntary? I am very skeptical about this.

Assistant Administrator
    Visual Intermodal Prevention Response
    Great - long way to describe frisking No further (polite) comment.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1943 - 2009
    Wait a minute, here!

These searches were made at "downtown city bus stops"?

City (local) busses, not interstate busses like Greyhound or Trailways?

What right does a federal agency have to interfere with the lawful movements of people who are NOT engaged in interstate travel?

Commercial air carriers, AMTRAK, now city busses. What's next, carpools?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

People often let government official search them because the government officials are trying as hard as possible to intimidate the civilian.
    If there were required to say "Mam, Id like to search you. But you do NOT have to give me permission to do so" would be much more civil.

But what would be even MORE American, would be no searches of persons going about their business. That type of search is a glorified "Terry" search.

If there was no PC.

Welcome to the new world order folks.

(And im not otef a conspiracy guy)
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    That's ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to see this spring up elsewhere though, and probably without the "by-permission" part.

How much further to routine checkpoints for private vehicles?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Thats insane. If things keep going like this we wont have a point to have a CCP b/c we can't carry it anywhere.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I have a lot of questions...

Like was it "voluntary" as in "Sir/Mam, would like like a complimentary search today?"

Or 'voluntary" as in "Sir/Mam, we are searching bus passengers, if you agree to be searched, would you please step this way?"

Or "Voluntary" as in "Sir/Mam, step this way to be searcher... what? You don't want to be searched, hold on wile I contact my supervisor and we take all your personal information, yes Sir/Mam, I understand you bus is about to leave, this will only take a couple of hours and you will be on your way"

Or voluntary as in "Sir/Mam, if you would like to ride the bus, we require you to forfeit your 4th amendment rights and submit to a search."

VIP Member
    Utterly disgusting actions. Be sure to elect folks who respect all of The Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon51 View Post
    I have a lot of questions...

Like was it "voluntary" as in "Sir/Mam, would like like a complimentary search today?"

Or 'voluntary" as in "Sir/Mam, we are searching bus passengers, if you agree to be searched, would you please step this way?"

Or "Voluntary" as in "Sir/Mam, step this way to be searcher... what? You don't want to be searched, hold on wile I contact my supervisor and we take all your personal information, yes Sir/Mam, I understand you bus is about to leave, this will only take a couple of hours and you will be on your way"

Or voluntary as in "Sir/Mam, if you would like to ride the bus, we require you to forfeit your 4th amendment rights and submit to a search."
    Probably, in typical LEO fashion, it goes something like this, "Do you have anything illegal I should know about?" Then before they can answer it is followed up with a quick, "You don't have a problem with me patting you down and searching your bags do you?" The person may say "no" in response to the first question, but they have just consented to a search.

BTW, do you have a link havegunjoe?

VIP Member
    And the sheep will continue to surrender their rights believing they are buying safety and security.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I had a link but....

Quote Originally Posted by Whyveear View Post
    Probably, in typical LEO fashion, it goes something like this, "Do you have anything illegal I should know about?" Then before they can answer it is followed up with a quick, "You don't have a problem with me patting you down and searching your bags do you?" The person may say "no" in response to the first question, but they have just consented to a search.

BTW, do you have a link havegunjoe?

When I attached it it had expired. Sorry!
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    When I attached it it had expired. Sorry!
    would this be it?

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...=2007708030490

Quote Originally Posted by Whyveear View Post
    The appropriate response being "Excuse me? Why do you want to search me, sir?" It's no business of his what I have on me, unless he sees something clearly illegal.

Part of me wonders how many black helicopters would show up if they actually spotted a legal CCW.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Local transit riders being searched by Federal Transportation Authority. Hmmmm...
    I'm wondering, do any of you know of any instances where the authorities have checked ID's for, ...I don't know, maybe illegals?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links