A touching Military story

This is a discussion on A touching Military story within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...,3632390.story I found this very touching and a great read. Please give it a look. I think you will agree....

Thread: A touching Military story

A touching Military story

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...,3632390.story

I found this very touching and a great read. Please give it a look. I think you will agree.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Another touching story...
    Thanks for sharing!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That was quite moving.....It's amazing how much our actions are looked at and cherished by others often without ever even realizing it.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

VIP Member
    Thank you for posting this. We sometimes forget what the real meaning of this country is with all the negatives we see and hear, but this story brought to mind afresh what the USA is all about. I also read all the comments and thought this one especially telling:
    Tom Hare
    Denver, CO Reply #28 Monday
    I am stunned - where do such men come from? and how do we get more?
    I hope someone will tell Mr. Hare that they come from homes where they are loved, are nurtured, and where an example is set by the parents. And that we get more by raising them.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    My thanks also - and I'd like to feel that some younger folks too might read this and gain some insight. Bless our troops everywhere, and remember those who were maimed and those who perished.

The author's sister posted a comment .....

I happen to know the author of this article very well, he is my brother. I just wanted him to know how proud I am of him, not only for a wonderfully written account of his experiences with Frankie and about Frankie but for keeping us all connected to our family lineage, we know things about our family members past and present that we would never have known had it not been for Mario and the endless research and hours of documenting he has done. I am proud of his service to our country and his never ending faith in military service and in humanity. Stay safe, and know you are loved. Your sister, Gayle
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Ordinarily, I'd have jumped at the chance to read this article. I started to read it yesterday, and stopped dead when I realized what the story was about. Regardless of my current situation, I simply _had_ to finish it. It's a great story about some real Americans. Right at this moment in time, I'm a little overly sensitive to this type of story...

My oldest daughter left for basic training (National Guard) a week ago.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

wow!

Thats all I can say

Administrator
    I hope that everybody takes the time out to read it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    <lump>
    Wow +1
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    No words...Thanks for sharing
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    My thanks also - and I'd like to feel that some younger folks too might read this and gain some insight. Bless our troops everywhere, and remember those who were maimed and those who perished.

The author's sister posted a comment .....
    I thought after reading it and re reading it I would be done with the tissues, but this response from his sister has me reaching for them again. Great people come from caring families. God Bless all who have served and presently serve and God Bless all who support them.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Links