Vietnam Veteans Reunion 9/13-16

This is a discussion on Vietnam Veteans Reunion 9/13-16 within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well only a few days until the largest (30,000+) and oldest (25th year) Vietnam Veteran reunion in the US @ Kokomo, IN. http://www.hcvvo.org/ http://www.hcvvo.org/reunion.htm If ...

Well only a few days until the largest (30,000+) and oldest (25th year) Vietnam Veteran reunion in the US @ Kokomo, IN. http://www.hcvvo.org/ http://www.hcvvo.org/reunion.htm

If you were in-country and haven't been yet, you don't know what you are missing. If you have attended, you'll be back every year 'til you drop. You may find old buddies by looking for unit flags flying at the campsites, (I'm camped with the caboose. Stop in), or at your unit's AO sign-in table.

Four days of "stand-down" at our own campground. The local LE stands as gate guard to keep the traffic flowing and to keep party crashers out.

Music, vendors, presentations, memorial services, food, displays, ..... In the 12 years I have attended, there hasn't been so much as a fight, some drunk Marines, but no fights.

I thank you and all vets, especially vietnam vets because they were treated poorly and not held in the same hero light like the vets of ww2.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

LMO--I wish y'all a good time. You deserve it.

A great time was had by all. Attendance by Saturday afternoon was over 78,000. Vietnam vets from Australia, New Zealand, Canada even New Jersey. Actually every state was represented. Two Hueys, one on display one flying with passengers. a few deuce-and-a-halfs, a quad-fifty gun truck, jeeps, a mule command vehicle all privately owned and perfectly restored.
    Not one fight, (never has been in the 10 years I've been going). Two Medal of Honor recipients helping out with MC-ing. Great bands, some speech-ifying, honor ceremonies for the Gulf War and WOT troops.
    Thanks for asking and thanks for the kudos.

Links