US Army Special Forces (Delta) in action (Video)

This is a discussion on US Army Special Forces (Delta) in action (Video) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While the video claims to be of the Army's Delta Force, I think it is a copilation of several clips from the actions of various ...

Thread: US Army Special Forces (Delta) in action (Video)

US Army Special Forces (Delta) in action (Video)

While the video claims to be of the Army's Delta Force, I think it is a copilation of several clips from the actions of various branches of the US Armed Forces. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho2bWl3Y2RA

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Some excellent footage .......... helps confirm why we can use a word like ''superior'' - and elite too.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1943 - 2009
    Way cool!

I could get into some of that stuff if I was 40 years younger, even jumping out of perfectly good airplanes!

Don't mess with the U.S. Army!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Lead Moderator
    Nice, but I think it's a collection too.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

the best fighting machine in the history of the world,,,,ever

I'm almost 100% positive that this is indeed the SFOD-D in training. Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta also known as the "CAG" or Combat Applications Group by folks inside the compound wire at Fort Bragg. I'll bet OPFOR can confirm. I sent the video to a buddy of mine, retired SF 05. He'll be able to tell.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Very cool vid.
    WE ARE EDUCATED IN PAIN

Chris Fry
    www.mdtstraining.com

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Sorry but Dboyz arent at the old stockade at Bragg anymore. However that vid is interesting and does show SF training but cant/wont agree that its SFODD, but who knows, LOL, could be.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Impressive...indeed!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Back in the OLD days....

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Sorry but Dboyz arent at the old stockade at Bragg anymore. However that vid is interesting and does show SF training but cant/wont agree that its SFODD, but who knows, LOL, could be.
    Back when I was on active duty (mid 80s) the D-Boys were indeed at Bragg and I think the video does show SF training. Most of those guys were pretty ragged looking, but that's how SF is trained to blend in with an indigenious populace so as to not get caught. I found it interesting that in some shots, the cammie uniforms had the sleeves rolled up, I would guess for the heat. But a "normal" troop would never roll the sleeves up to the mid forearm, not in the army. Rolled sleeves would come right to the middle of the bicep. Anything else is kind of like sticking one's hands inside one's front pockets for warmth being called Air Force handwarmers. Tradition stands against that. The D-Boys are even more casual when it comes to military tradition than even their brothers on the "A-Teams."
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Cool vid
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I am surprised, I thought they retired the Huges 500 helo? Nice little choppers, we used to use for the mining business. The 6x6 near the end of the video looked like one of the SAS Pinzuagers.

recruiting vid

Let's see how long it remains available on youtube.

ETA: just wanted to clarify, internal recruiting vid

Not supposed to be public.

VIP Member
    Definitely from more then one unit, but it certainly seems like much of it was training that the D-Boys certainly conduct. Reminds me how much fun it is to blow stuff up!

To answer a couple of other questions/comments: The Hughes 500 (OH-6/AH-6 "Little Bird" or "Defender") is still very much in service, though basically only with the 160th SOAR. I've taken a few rides in and on them (though never fast roped from one!), and have had them fly insertion and CAS for my unit(s) many times. Excellent birds, with capabilities that no other platform brings to the table. A quick example - on airfield seizure missions, it was common for us to stick a few Little Birds in the 141s with us. We'd jump in, secure the runway, land the planes, roll the helos off, unfold the rotors and voila - instant air support.

As to the sleeves - yes, the conventional Army would never allow that in conventional (garrisson) times. In theater (and even during ramp up training), it was very common for even us Big Army folks to turn up the cuffs a notch. Much of the ceremony of uniform regs (rightly, IMO) goes out the window in country. Function over fashion was my axiom once we crossed the wire (and I know Patton is rolling over in his grave to hear me say that, but somehow I was able to let my troops get away with not "fastening their chin straps" [though I did, in fact, enforce that particular rule, as it is a life-safety issue, not a uniform issue] and still get them to follow my "important" orders...)

Wow, that was a long sentence...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Nice gymnastics team but not to impressive when it comes to combat capabilities. Not to say that they are not excellent troops.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Links